Author Topic: 1000 aids infection in South Africa a day  (Read 1199 times)

Offline Globalcitizen12

• VIP
  • Enigma
1000 aids infection in South Africa a day
« on: January 23, 2017, 02:19:58 PM »
Wow that is staggering number. S Africa has 7 million infections. so if you in South Africa wrap or abstain. South poverty and ignorance plus dry sex phenomena has made this thing spread like wildfire. I read a study where in Truckers pay whores to dry their vaginas with chemicals. How anyone would enjoy dry sex is  a mystery all together. With educated fools like that midget Mbeki and his clown successor at helm SA is head for total depopulation. Good for Mzungu as they will have one of the largest countries in Africa empty for them to continue enjoying the sunset at the cape

Kenya has 1.6 million infections about 89,000 a year. I do not know of a family in Kenya that does not have an AIDS positive person

Image result for how many kenyans are hiv positive

An estimated 1.6 million people, or roughly four per cent of the population, are living with HIV in Kenya. Every year an average of 89,000 adults and about 11,000 children in Kenya are infected with HIV. About 11,000 Aids-related deaths, a quarter of total deaths occur among children.
http://www.avert.org/professionals/hiv-around-world/sub-saharan-africa/nigeria

Offline Omollo

• Enigma
  • http://www.omollosview.com
    • Omollosview
Re: 1000 aids infection in South Africa a day
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2017, 02:55:07 PM »
One of the things that have weakened the fight against HIV/ AIDS is the use of the illness in propaganda wars.

I was aghast when Zimbabwe's aids figures increased by 700% shortly after Mugabe started the Land Reform program that saw British Wazungu asked to return the land they stole.

The AIDS figures for South Africa remained very low under apartheid. However the moment Mandela took over they started rising to levels which if true meant everybody including Mandela had contracted the disease.

Locally we have seen the same. Nobody says the AIDS figures for Kenya are false. Certainly not me. However I sometimes find myself asking questions. I grew up being told that Luos were dirty and that Njonjo had refused to set foot in Nyanza because of lack of hygiene among Luos. Then there were cholera outbreaks in Kisumu and the media went crazy. Roadblocks were erected to all roads leading to Kisumu and drugs shipped in to feed travellers who had to enter Kisumu.

However when the same cholera hit Mathare a few weeks later, the minister for health ruled out similar measures. Cholera in Kisumu was eliminated It never left mathare. It became the pandemic it is now breaking out from time time while we live with it.

Certainly we need to know why the aids and HIV figures remain high in Homa Bay despite all the efforts. As of now I hardly think there is anybody who is untested in Homabay.  That means the awareness is at an all time high. So what are the causes of new infections with all the awareness?

When you have an area with few motor vehicles coming for the first time, the number of accidents is high and fatalities high. Increase the number of vehicles and the accidents decrease as do the fatalities. I gave this example to illustrate that this spreads across disciplines. Informed people hardly repeat mistakes. So is the message failing? Or is somebody lying about something?

... [the ICC case] will be tried in Europe, where due procedure and expertise prevail.; ... Second-guessing Ocampo and fantasizing ..has obviously become a national pastime.- NattyDread

Offline Globalcitizen12

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2017, 02:03:00 PM »
Omollo you are a nut case

Offline Omollo

• Enigma
  • http://www.omollosview.com
    • Omollosview
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2017, 02:40:05 PM »
Remember this when I release it on you at the time of my choosing. Thank you for the invitation.

I thought this site does not accept ad hominem attacks in lieu of a substantive argument? If you are unable to address the issues I raise acknowledge it is above your pay grade and eschew matusi. However note that no man can teach fish how to swim in the open seas.

Omollo you are a nut case
... [the ICC case] will be tried in Europe, where due procedure and expertise prevail.; ... Second-guessing Ocampo and fantasizing ..has obviously become a national pastime.- NattyDread

Offline Georgesoros

• Enigma
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2017, 10:32:58 PM »
Am not sure those numbers come even close. Unless you're quoting Trump News.

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2017, 05:23:11 PM »
So what's current status of HIV/AIDS.  Is it still incurable?  It's been a while since I paid attention.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline Globalcitizen12

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2017, 05:32:26 PM »
Botswana has 25% prevalence rate..that is total disaster.

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2017, 08:39:31 PM »
Botswana has 25% prevalence rate..that is total disaster.

What is that percentage?  Is that of the whole population?  Adult population?    Are they saying if I gather 4, maybe fewer, random Botswanans in a room one of them will have HIV/AIDS?  What is the source of this information?
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline Globalcitizen12

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2017, 10:23:41 PM »
Yes 25% whooping percent .. The source Google from Avert or WHO

http://www.avert.org/professionals/hiv-around-world/sub-saharan-africa/botswana
At 22.2%, Botswana has the third highest HIV prevalence in the world, after Lesotho and Swaziland.1 In 2005, prevalence stood at 25.4%, suggesting some signs of improvement.2

Botswana has demonstrated a strong national commitment in responding to its HIV and AIDS epidemic and has become an exemplar for many in sub-Saharan Africa. It was the first country in the region to provide universal free antiretroviral treatment to people living with HIV, paving a path for many other countries in the region to follow. The impact of its treatment programme has been widespread. New infections have decreased significantly, from 15,000 in 2005 to 9,100 in 2013, although in recent years they have begun to rise again, with 9,700 reported in 2015. AIDS-related deaths have dramatically decreased from the 14,000 recorded in 2005. They fell to 3,200 in 2015.3

Botswana is a middle-income country4 which fac

Offline Georgesoros

• Enigma
« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2017, 08:17:32 PM »
HIV has become a chronic disease rather than a death sentence.