Author Topic: The Truth About 6000 Km Jubilee Roads  (Read 2084 times)

Offline Omollo

• Enigma
  • http://www.omollosview.com
    • Omollosview
The Truth About 6000 Km Jubilee Roads
« on: January 09, 2017, 10:32:18 PM »
They keep lying that they have tarmacked 6000 Kms of roads in Kenya. Here are their own statistics:

... [the ICC case] will be tried in Europe, where due procedure and expertise prevail.; ... Second-guessing Ocampo and fantasizing ..has obviously become a national pastime.- NattyDread

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
Re: The Truth About 6000 Km Jubilee Roads
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2017, 12:49:48 PM »
You'd have to look for 2016/2017 data. I know in Kericho and Bomet - each has about 200kms of new roads currently under construction or on site preparation.

Offline Omollo

• Enigma
    • Omollosview
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2017, 01:40:02 PM »
You'd have to look for 2016/2017 data. I know in Kericho and Bomet - each has about 200kms of new roads currently under construction or on site preparation.
There is a small problem: We are saying what you are saying. They are saying something else. We have measured upto 500 KM of roads under the 10,000 Km road program. These 500 KM have been tendered for. The rest haven't.

Your man was on TV telling Hussein they had tarmacked 6000 KM in Kenya.
... [the ICC case] will be tried in Europe, where due procedure and expertise prevail.; ... Second-guessing Ocampo and fantasizing ..has obviously become a national pastime.- NattyDread

Offline Kadudu

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2017, 02:20:16 PM »

No need for discussion about tarmacking 6000 km of roads in Kenya. It will not even happen in the next 10 years. Where will the money to fund all that come from, another loan from mighty China? I think we have enough burden on our shoulders repaying the single rail diesel driven SGR.

Offline Omollo

• Enigma
    • Omollosview
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2017, 04:14:36 PM »
There is a small problem: We are saying what you are saying. They are saying something else. We have measured upto 500 KM of roads under the 10,000 Km road program. These 500 KM have been tendered for. The rest haven't.

I hear you Kadudu. What they are telling us is that they have tarmacked more roads in 4 years than all the time since independence.

Consider this:

1. Marsabit to Nairobi = 537
2. Lodwar to Nairobi = 596.
3. Mombasa to Malaba = 926 km

we are talking about 6000 km

Tool used: http://www.distancefromto.net/

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2017, 01:31:30 PM »
The roads that are being tarmacked in my place are REAL. I think road annuity programme that we thought died was resurrected with chinese funding. I can say the roads in bomet & kericho -entirely new roads - when completed will be aroud 400kms of tarmac. Most of them are either under construction or on site preparation.The road annuity had died when chinese quote too much and no local banks were willing to fund them....gov says they would resort to usual ways of tendering when funds are available..but it would seem they negotiate with chinese quietly and now there are roads being constructed all over kenya.

Offline Omollo

• Enigma
    • Omollosview
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2017, 02:20:46 PM »
It is possible they are tarmacking in Jubilee Areas.

The roads that are being tarmacked in my place are REAL. I think road annuity programme that we thought died was resurrected with chinese funding. I can say the roads in bomet & kericho -entirely new roads - when completed will be aroud 400kms of tarmac. Most of them are either under construction or on site preparation.The road annuity had died when chinese quote too much and no local banks were willing to fund them....gov says they would resort to usual ways of tendering when funds are available..but it would seem they negotiate with chinese quietly and now there are roads being constructed all over kenya.

Offline Georgesoros

• Enigma
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2017, 04:53:31 PM »
Moi used to do the same thing. Bring bulldozers to site during electrions and then withdraw them immediately after elections. uhuru learnt from Moi.

Offline Kadudu

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2017, 05:08:25 PM »
How far is the Kisumu Kakamega road? The Chinese construction firm has been on site for years. Those are hardly 50 km.

Offline Omollo

• Enigma
    • Omollosview
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2017, 06:53:26 PM »
How far is the Kisumu Kakamega road? The Chinese construction firm has been on site for years. Those are hardly 50 km.

A little short of 42 Kms. There is also the Kakamega Webuye Road. Jubilee chose a Mhindi with zero experience in construction. They ate all the money before the Mhindi abandoned site. On my way to Kitale one day I made the blunder of driving through Kisumu - Kakamega and ended up on that road. I have never suffered like that. I felt as if I was driving in a war torn country.

Offline Gumzo

• Superstar
« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2017, 07:15:27 PM »

No need for discussion about tarmacking 6000 km of roads in Kenya. It will not even happen in the next 10 years. Where will the money to fund all that come from, another loan from mighty China? I think we have enough burden on our shoulders repaying the single rail diesel driven SGR.

Kuliskikana kukisemekana hio burden sio kwetu tu tulio hai sasa
ati ni hadi watoto wa watoto wa watoto wetu watalipa

Offline Georgesoros

• Enigma
« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2017, 04:18:49 AM »
 the reason am fuming is because of the many jobless that continue to loiter the streets. every year more are joining while its politics as usual

Kuliskikana kukisemekana hio burden sio kwetu tu tulio hai sasa
ati ni hadi watoto wa watoto wa watoto wetu watalipa

Offline Georgesoros

• Enigma
« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2017, 04:22:59 AM »
i also hear contractors stopped being paid as soon as Kibaki left office, so they went belly up.
lots of suppliers are owed money, so they don't trust govt.