Author Topic: Eliud Wabukala Might Succeed  (Read 1063 times)

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
Eliud Wabukala Might Succeed
« on: January 06, 2017, 12:32:40 AM »
Just by doing nothing because the bar at EACC has been set ridiculously low - it's underground really.  He merely needs to not summon suspects, open a file then close it.  If he does absolutely nothing, that is one step forward for EACC.

http://www.nation.co.ke/news/Wabukala-vows-to-rebuild-public-trust--if-hired-/1056-3507678-oy9cbn/index.html
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline MOON Ki

• Enigma
Re: Eliud Wabukala Might Succeed
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2017, 04:49:34 AM »
Just by doing nothing ...

There is little to suggest that he plans to do more than that.   His big thing seems to be "stability".   Reminded me of Moi, who was also big on "stability": Kaeni hivyo hivyo; don't rock the boat.   

He also plans to

"reach out to other groups of professionals, politicians, civil society and all Kenyans in rescuing the country from corruption for sake of our children".

Very noble indeed.   And also very inclusive ... starting out with other groups of professionals  and eventually deciding that it might as well be all Kenyans.   But it is doubtful that reaching out---and, perhaps, even touching someone---is what is required here.   Still, for the sake of our children ...

He apparently served for 12 years on some "National Steering Committee for the Fight Against Corruption".    Whatever that lot did may be gauged from counting the number of Kenyans who even knew that such a body existed.

As to what is actually required:

He added that nothing short of a change in culture, ethics and moral fibre of society would register success in the war against graft.

If it has occurred to the Our New Hero that in some matters changes can only be brought about in a forceful manner, and that the EACC is supposed to contribute in the necessary cracking of heads, the evidence wasn't there.  Perhaps he will pray for the perps.   

For its part, the Daily Nation has "contributed" in a way that matches what is on offer.    We are told that

MPs led ... questioned what the nominee intended to do differently given others had tried and left unexpectedly without much progress, and whether as retired prelate he had the necessary gravitas to lead the war.

Excellent.   Is there an answer for the reader?     What follows is this:

I couldn't quite parse the sentence, but, presumably, the first half is for the "sponsor"/"socialite"/"hustler"   types that  are all over today's Kenya.     I'm still working on the second half. I might then be able to figure out if the entire sentence has anything to do with anything.

Anyways, .... We wish him well.  (We would wish him success as well, but even he doesn't seem to have that in mind.)  At the very least, it will be nice to have a change from the usual circus in which new people come in at  the top  to "fight corruption", turn out to be neck-deep in it, and are quickly shown the door.   

MOON Ki  is  Muli Otieno Otiende Njoroge arap Kiprotich
Your True Friend, Brother,  and  Compatriot.