Author Topic: Govt in Sh6.8bn secret water project in Murang’a, Raila Odinga claims  (Read 3047 times)

Offline yulemsee

• VIP
  • Superstar

Quote from: Daily Nation

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
Re: Govt in Sh6.8bn secret water project in Murang’a, Raila Odinga claims
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2016, 04:27:33 PM »
Secret when he unveiled it.

Offline yulemsee

• VIP
  • Superstar
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2016, 07:07:15 PM »
Secret and there are site boards all over

Offline Empedocles

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2016, 08:39:10 PM »
Secret and there are site boards all over

RAO's a master in deflecting.

Offline MOON Ki

• Enigma
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2016, 08:53:15 PM »
Surely, anyone who has watched enough spy movies understands what "hidden in plain sight means".    :D
MOON Ki  is  Muli Otieno Otiende Njoroge arap Kiprotich
Your True Friend, Brother,  and  Compatriot.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2016, 11:07:20 AM »
He is a joke.
RAO's a master in deflecting.

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2016, 12:40:18 AM »
Some accounts say it will leave Murang'a folks in a precarious situation. Tribal loyalty makes it hard for local politicians to oppose it. A fair evaluation should be done. It's a good thing we have Raila to speak out for mwananchi regardless of his real intention.
I desire to go to hell and not to heaven. In the former place I shall enjoy the company of popes, kings, and princes, while in the latter are only beggars, monks, and apostles. ~ Niccolo Machiavelli on his deathbed, June 1527

Offline Empedocles

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2016, 12:44:57 PM »
Some accounts say it will leave Murang'a folks in a precarious situation. Tribal loyalty makes it hard for local politicians to oppose it. A fair evaluation should be done. It's a good thing we have Raila to speak out for mwananchi regardless of his real intention.

True.

That's the sad with with our so-called politics.

Raila honestly doesn't give a flying hoot about the Murang'a folks. He's using their supposedly upcoming plight for his benefit i.e. he's using them as a tool to bash Jubilee.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2016, 07:54:20 AM »
If Ndakaini which supplies Nairobi with all its water has not made Muranga a desert; this will not make it; I understand the concern of upstream folks not having piped water but that should really be the problem with their water service board..not Athi Waster Service board.So folks are also complaining that river in my place is being dammed and water taken to Nakuru town. Gov has to step down hard on such baseless complains and get the job done.

Offline Georgesoros

• Enigma
« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2016, 02:38:27 PM »
Do they ever discuss these projects with alll involved, or they just rush...
Environmental impacts

http://www.jambonewspot.com/raila-blows-whistle-on-another-sh33b-water-harvesting-scandal-in-mau/

Offline hk

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2017, 03:28:28 PM »
If Ndakaini which supplies Nairobi with all its water has not made Muranga a desert; this will not make it; I understand the concern of upstream folks not having piped water but that should really be the problem with their water service board..not Athi Waster Service board.So folks are also complaining that river in my place is being dammed and water taken to Nakuru town. Gov has to step down hard on such baseless complains and get the job done.

Water rationing in Nairobi has started http://www.the-star.co.ke/news/2017/01/02/use-water-sparingly-nairobi-residents-told-as-rationing-kicks-off_c1481055 if the muranga tunnel project were complete and running, the runoff water during short rains would have been tapped to feed Ndakaini. Yet we've people opposing the project. In the meantime Nairobi water should connect all the boreholes in Nairobi to their distribution network ( owners who're willing to sell water) and pay the boreholes owners per litre.

Offline Globalcitizen12

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2017, 09:31:56 PM »

Water rationing in Nairobi has started http://www.the-star.co.ke/news/2017/01/02/use-water-sparingly-nairobi-residents-told-as-rationing-kicks-off_c1481055 if the muranga tunnel project were complete and running, the runoff water during short rains would have been tapped to feed Ndakaini. Yet we've people opposing the project. In the meantime Nairobi water should connect all the boreholes in Nairobi to their distribution network ( owners who're willing to sell water) and pay the boreholes owners per litre.

There is a drought .. that is what is causing the shortage.. More water means more use there is no proof that increasing supply of water in Nairobi will end the shortages.
What shortages in Nairobi will persist for near future.. because we lack a big source to supply other relying on streams in Central

Offline Georgesoros

• Enigma
« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2017, 11:03:23 PM »
you are aware tat boreholes can also dry up, right?
poor planning is what led to this. Wheres the 50-100yr plan

Offline hk

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2017, 11:39:39 PM »
you are aware tat boreholes can also dry up, right?
poor planning is what led to this. Wheres the 50-100yr plan

keyword meantime as in time being. Muranga tunnel is suppose to solve the current problem for about 10-20yrs.  And yes a mitigating plan should have kick in already thats why I am suggesting we harness the readily available borehole capacity to avoid rationing.