Author Topic: Transport PS Irungu Nyakera on CitizenTV  (Read 1573 times)

Offline Kadudu

• VIP
  • Enigma
Transport PS Irungu Nyakera on CitizenTV
« on: December 12, 2016, 04:13:45 PM »
Who made this clueless fellow PS? Even if tribe is the only qualification, give us please a fellow with a bit of idea of his job.

Offline Omollo

• Enigma
  • http://www.omollosview.com
    • Omollosview
Re: Transport PS Irungu Nyakera on CitizenTV
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2016, 05:05:37 PM »
He says its not an issue to transport gas cylinders. Then he says it is wrong to transport Liquefied Petroleum gas.

Rabble strips??? A banker in Transport??

Those bumps were placed there after engineers carried out an expert analysis.... my foot.

How does one vandalise white reflective paint on a bump??

http://www.nation.co.ke/lifestyle/lifestyle/At-33--youngest-PS-says-he-has-earned-his-stripes/1214-3114782-ki16y2/index.html

All that broken language from Stanford, eh? This is the first case of Exams cheating I meet. No Kenya passes form four exams legitimately with such kind of poor language skill. Take it to the bank he used to work for - Equity
... [the ICC case] will be tried in Europe, where due procedure and expertise prevail.; ... Second-guessing Ocampo and fantasizing ..has obviously become a national pastime.- NattyDread

Offline Georgesoros

• Enigma
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2016, 05:47:37 PM »
Most of these so called leaders cant translate policy. They are there because they have connections. He should be apologizing that his agency is as clueless as a kindergartner on safety.
Any transportation of hazardous materials should require special driver license for security. Otherwise shabs can take advantage of this loophole and cause real damage.

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2016, 11:21:04 PM »
He is a brilliant investment banker who rose to executive office through top performance. He seems to have started with McKinsey consulting after Stanford. He is not daft, just mismatched by PSC types who think hawking loans qualifies one to run public infrastructure. This is a technocrat job and a resume of A's is not everything.

33 years old...
I desire to go to hell and not to heaven. In the former place I shall enjoy the company of popes, kings, and princes, while in the latter are only beggars, monks, and apostles. ~ Niccolo Machiavelli on his deathbed, June 1527

Offline Kadudu

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2016, 01:29:59 PM »
Then let him go back to investment banking. The guy cannot even formulate any public policy, that is if he knows any. Ngai!

He is a brilliant investment banker who rose to executive office through top performance. He seems to have started with McKinsey consulting after Stanford. He is not daft, just mismatched by PSC types who think hawking loans qualifies one to run public infrastructure. This is a technocrat job and a resume of A's is not everything.

33 years old...

Offline Omollo

• Enigma
  • http://www.omollosview.com
    • Omollosview
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2016, 02:30:51 PM »
Robina

It may come as a surprise to you but some of us attended very prestigious universities. I personally met mediocrity admitted there after the parents donated huge sums. They still managed to scrap through and now got high level jobs on account of that institution's reputation.

I was once offered a job in a past government. I declined because though I am a patriot of patriots I didn't think I should go down in pay and cause my dependants pain. I did ask my superiors at work whether I should go. In fact I got a pay rise so that I should never think of it again.

Now looks like Equity was more than willing to surrender this guy. And if he was as good as he claims (and you support) when did he even get the time to apply for the job?

Yes he has worked in all those places whose names he dropped. He is 33 probably 32 at the time of his departure from Equity. So he went to school at age six and managed 8 years making him 14 when he joined Starehe. If he survived being sodomized by Shaw, he made it to university at 19 ( KCSE in 2000). He would be 23 when he completed his Bachelors degree from , Deerfield Academy in Massachusetts, USA,( God only knows how he got the scholarship).

Now something I don't understand: "On completing his secondary education, he got a scholarship to Deerfield Academy in Massachusetts, USA, from which he earned another scholarship to Stanford University in 2003."

1. When did he obtain the scholarship to Stanford?
2. How long was his undergraduate degree? (if indeed he studied for it?)

Anyway, he " [graduated] from Stanford University in 2007". so if he went there in 2003 and left in 2007 ... his Masters took 4 years? Unless that was NOT a Masters.

Now this:

So he gets hired by Citi Bank in 2007 and gets laid off the following year.

On that extremely thin basis, he lands a big job in NIC:

" joined NIC Bank as the senior associate of NIC Capital Investment Bank in February 2009."

No sooner is he in than he starts to talk to Equity Bank about starting an Investment Bank. There are laws against that BTW and even less bright people know not to incriminate themselves so publicly.

Then the Roller Coaster begins:

"He rose to deputy general manager in July that year and in February 2010, he became the general manager of NIC Capital. Two years later, he was the managing director."

Now what meaningful work did he do to be promoted from one post to another? I would say Zilch

So he is a NIC for four years and one month before leaving:
"to work as the regional head of East and Southern Africa at Frontier Markets Fund Managers, Guarantco, between March 2013 and July 2014." = 1 year 4 months

Now this:

"Mr Nyakera later moved to Equity Bank where he helped start the Equity Investment Bank as managing director until his appointment to the government."

He left Equity in November 2015 after one year and 3 months. And for that he says Equity would take him back any time!!!!

I would say he worked longest in NIC because of his ethnicity. He was let go by Citi. Citi kept its best staff.

33 years old...

... [the ICC case] will be tried in Europe, where due procedure and expertise prevail.; ... Second-guessing Ocampo and fantasizing ..has obviously become a national pastime.- NattyDread

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2016, 05:42:25 PM »
Who made this clueless fellow PS? Even if tribe is the only qualification, give us please a fellow with a bit of idea of his job.

He lacks charisma but he makes an effort to answer the questions.  He seems competent.  I mean he is a bureaucrat.  He hasn't stolen anything as far as I can tell.  What more is required of him?
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline Georgesoros

• Enigma
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2016, 07:35:55 PM »
He can be brilliant as anything but runign govt is different. It requires formulating and implementing policy. How can he defend putting up bumps on a highway. Bumps should only be placed in 25mile road zones, otherwise they become killer barriers.

33 years old...