Author Topic: Isaac Ruto Teargassed By Police  (Read 1241 times)

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
Isaac Ruto Teargassed By Police
« on: November 07, 2016, 06:21:00 PM »
He showed up at the scene.  Approached them in a mob.  They lobbed teargas at him.  He was airlifted to Nairobi for treatment.

PS: If health is devolved why didn't he go to a hospital in Bomet?   Where does all the mashinani money go?

http://www.standardmedia.co.ke/article/2000222535/governor-ruto-airlifted-to-nairobi-after-being-injured-by-teargas-canister
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline Empedocles

• VIP
  • Enigma
Re: Isaac Ruto Teargassed By Police
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2016, 08:12:06 PM »
He showed up at the scene.  Approached them in a mob.  They lobbed teargas at him.  He was airlifted to Nairobi for treatment.

PS: If health is devolved why didn't he go to a hospital in Bomet?   Where does all the mashinani money go?

http://www.standardmedia.co.ke/article/2000222535/governor-ruto-airlifted-to-nairobi-after-being-injured-by-teargas-canister

Guess how many hundreds of thousands KES that bandage gonna cost?

That's where.

Offline Georgesoros

• Enigma
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2016, 08:49:07 PM »
I think Kenya has gone back to being a police state. If they arrested the youth they should have charged them immediately. Ruto turned it tinto a political thing to his advantage.

Offline Globalcitizen12

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2016, 04:34:07 AM »
This type of hooliganism should be nipped in the bud. Find the cop who did this and have them punished. The man is a governor not a ruffian and should be treated as a governor .our democracy must give space to everyone to participate without threat of violence

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2016, 08:26:22 AM »
Don't blame the cops. Those who know Isaac like me knows the police and wananchi had exercise lot of restraint dealing with ruffian like him. He is no governor. Just a common thug who stormed a stadium wanting the police the release suspects (his goons) arrested and locked for starting trouble.

Offline Kichwa

• Enigma
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2016, 06:08:02 PM »
This matter should be investigated further.  There is a claim that a police officer was about to hit him with a police button and that Ruto's bodymen intervened right on time.  Then they retreated and lobbed the tear gas canister right on his face.  The danger of supporting such unprofessional action by the police is because the police has a lot of powers to use violence and those powers can be very easily abused.  Power will shift and change hands all the time and that is why you have to keep the police powers in check.  William Ruto maybe powerful now but sooner or later things may change and Isaac will be in power. 

Don't blame the cops. Those who know Isaac like me knows the police and wananchi had exercise lot of restraint dealing with ruffian like him. He is no governor. Just a common thug who stormed a stadium wanting the police the release suspects (his goons) arrested and locked for starting trouble.
"I have done my job and I will not change anything dead or a live" Malonza

Offline Georgesoros

• Enigma
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2016, 06:16:50 PM »
Police are the govt. Politicians come and go. If he did wrong the right thing was to arrest not shoot his face. Its not only Isaac, many have died needlessly at the hands of these so called professionals. There is no compensation once they cause damage.

This matter should be investigated further.  There is a claim that a police officer was about to hit him with a police button and that Ruto's bodymen intervened right on time.  Then they retreated and lobbed the tear gas canister right on his face.  The danger of supporting such unprofessional action by the police is because the police has a lot of powers to use violence and those powers can be very easily abused.  Power will shift and change hands all the time and that is why you have to keep the police powers in check.  William Ruto maybe powerful now but sooner or later things may change and Isaac will be in power. 

Offline Georgesoros

• Enigma