Author Topic: Corruption; Uhuru absolves himself.  (Read 11924 times)

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
Re: Corruption; Uhuru absolves himself.
« Reply #40 on: October 19, 2016, 08:30:20 PM »
If Eurobond was put to good use it would not have been too difficult to find out. You erase records only when you are doing something bad. Eurobond was stolen and the thieves covered their tracks well-at least for now.

The problem is nobody seems to know what happened to Eurobond.  There isn't enough information to conclude whether there was collusion in anything.  Perhaps it was just put to good use.  AG's job is to find evidence for that.  He hasn't.

That is the real bother here.   Nobody knows.    Treasury can't give one straight story.   And the only guy trying to find out is laughed at and humiliated in public for doing his job.

Going back to corruption: Uhuru has basically  thrown in the towel.   He has done all he can, he says.  Everyone is independent, so he can't do anything about them, but they sure are letting him down.   That's his story.    He has basically announced that, contrary to what people think, the Kenyan presidency is a ceremonial one.    Maybe he should make Ruto Prime Minister or something.   Ruto at least works hard and feels that he must give back a small part of the "proceeds" .... tithe or something.

I am not too sure they did a good job of covering their tracks though.  Had they done that, the AG would have missed it.  It seems more like crude defiance than any sophisticated sleight of hand.

I haven't heard any official response from Treasury on the latest revelations from AG.  All they have are the responses they made to previous CORD allegations.  Maybe they just don't care anymore...time heals such things in Kenya.  After all it's only a billion in a country where maybe over 5 billion USD disappears every year.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline Kadudu

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #41 on: October 20, 2016, 12:30:53 PM »
When you see the president coming out and belittling a public official who is only trying to do his job, then know something is amiss. They should have left the man to do his job and now we will never hear about Eurobond again. They did the same with the Controller of Budget who after publicly decrying the Eurobond cash and had to make a hasty about turn.

Offline Georgesoros

• Enigma
« Reply #42 on: October 20, 2016, 06:11:41 PM »
The whole truth will never be know as long as these people are in office - starting witht he president.
Thats why he is patronizing the AG for doing his job - what a loser.

When you see the president coming out and belittling a public official who is only trying to do his job, then know something is amiss. They should have left the man to do his job and now we will never hear about Eurobond again. They did the same with the Controller of Budget who after publicly decrying the Eurobond cash and had to make a hasty about turn.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #43 on: October 22, 2016, 07:56:48 AM »
Nobody has yet to identify what Uhuru should have done better on this war. I think for me there was disapointment when he appointed some people that were still under investigation or prosecution for graft...can't recall their exact names..but that send mixed signals.

Outside there I think we need to fire Tobiko or at least put pressure on his office to show what they are doing on prosecution end.

Offline Gumzo

• Superstar
« Reply #44 on: October 22, 2016, 02:54:57 PM »
The surest way to know when Kenya has a president who is really serious about fighting corruption
Is when the president himself orders a complete re write of the anti corruption laws.

The current anti corruption law is deliberately designed not to work and is actually just a series
of legal loopholes to allow the thieves to escape justice.

Thats because it was written under the close supervision of the thieves it was supposed to apprehend.
Thieves like Saitoti hired lawyers to look into and make changes to the corruption laws before they
were published.

Offline Gumzo

• Superstar
« Reply #45 on: October 22, 2016, 03:04:57 PM »
This is what Uhuru is really talking about:

Uhuru finds it very difficult to take maybe one or even two or more cards (i.e. thugs) out without bringing the whole deck crashing.
The only way out is to start with the top most cards.

This is the best and most appropriate/acurate description of Uhuru's dilemma that I have seen so far

• Enigma
« Reply #46 on: October 22, 2016, 06:10:00 PM »
Nobody has yet to identify what Uhuru should have done better on this war. I think for me there was disapointment when he appointed some people that were still under investigation or prosecution for graft...can't recall their exact names..but that send mixed signals.

Outside there I think we need to fire Tobiko or at least put pressure on his office to show what they are doing on prosecution end.

If he is that clueless about his work, actually reading the Auditor General's report would be a good place for kamwana to start. 
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #47 on: October 22, 2016, 06:30:06 PM »
Interesting. Yes as CEO of the executive wing; he need to take Auditor General report seriously; and the AG himself need to take himself seriously if Uhuru was to take him seriously. We know he is Kibadinga appointee and Raila villagemate so that may mean he need to be above board.
If he is that clueless about his work, actually reading the Auditor General's report would be a good place for kamwana to start. 

Offline MOON Ki

• Enigma
« Reply #48 on: October 22, 2016, 06:39:35 PM »
Did anything actually come out of Uhuru's summit?   The only thing I've read of is his misguided #CryBabyPresident rant.
MOON Ki  is  Muli Otieno Otiende Njoroge arap Kiprotich
Your True Friend, Brother,  and  Compatriot.

• Enigma
« Reply #49 on: October 22, 2016, 10:36:49 PM »
Did anything actually come out of Uhuru's summit?   The only thing I've read of is his misguided #CryBabyPresident rant.

He apparently called it to absolve himself.  To say that corruption would go away if the EACC, judiciary, DDP did their job.  And especially if the Auditor General could just zip it.

Harriet Tubman

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #50 on: October 23, 2016, 08:40:26 AM »
I think Uhuru made specific accusation.On judiciary - there is big issue on backlog - cases taking 5yrs plus - like the Gichuru/Okemo extradation. How is Uhuru responsible for that. Judiciary has to ensure backlog on serious cases like corruption is dealt with. Then AG investigating the Fed Reserve Bank of US is just waste of time and money.

EACC claims to have 800 corruption cases yet to be determined. The balls squarely lies with Magara. He need to set up anti-corruption courts that will sit long hours and conclude each of these cases. If he need more resources to hire judges and set up courts...i think Uhuru should be able to provide that.

Overally Uhuru has dealt with insecurity and corruption remain the only blemish on his momentous 4yrs tenure where he has done so much in so short time with so little drama. Uhuru should use the next year to fight graft  and his legacy will be secured.

He apparently called it to absolve himself.  To say that corruption would go away if the EACC, judiciary, DDP did their job.  And especially if the Auditor General could just zip it.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #51 on: October 23, 2016, 12:56:01 PM »
Uhuru apparently had invited the biggest loud makers - Githongo and Ndii --to Corruption summit -where they could head to head with Executive- and they chicken out -apparently the invite didn't sufficently reconginse their big status as the foremost gov loud mouths . Maybe they should be appointed to be our corruption czar for a week.
http://www.nation.co.ke/oped/Opinion/440808-3425502-10quusu/index.html
Dr Ndii turned it down like he turned down UON's invite to public debate Eurobond coz it obvious he is like many civil society type running on empty and cannot match the brains of UhuRuto.

These are the kind of idiots who have been running empty for quite some time and whom them media should not given the free license to write baseless nonsense week in week out.

It upto NationMedia to turn the switch off these charlatans. They are doing a great injustice to country that need to attract foreign debts to deal with a serious infra backlog.

UhuRuto have not only manage to silence the envoy type from EU-US but seem to even their few lackeys still in business are scared of facing Uhuru or Ruto.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #52 on: October 23, 2016, 01:09:17 PM »

• Enigma
« Reply #53 on: October 23, 2016, 05:47:38 PM »
I think Uhuru made specific accusation.On judiciary - there is big issue on backlog - cases taking 5yrs plus - like the Gichuru/Okemo extradation. How is Uhuru responsible for that. Judiciary has to ensure backlog on serious cases like corruption is dealt with. Then AG investigating the Fed Reserve Bank of US is just waste of time and money.

EACC claims to have 800 corruption cases yet to be determined. The balls squarely lies with Magara. He need to set up anti-corruption courts that will sit long hours and conclude each of these cases. If he need more resources to hire judges and set up courts...i think Uhuru should be able to provide that.

Overally Uhuru has dealt with insecurity and corruption remain the only blemish on his momentous 4yrs tenure where he has done so much in so short time with so little drama. Uhuru should use the next year to fight graft  and his legacy will be secured.

You'll keep parroting kamwana if you can't be bothered to read the AG's report.

The rest is basically an argument for kamwana's resignation on the grounds of ineptitude.  The AG's report alone should give him plenty of targets to work on.

Harriet Tubman

Offline MOON Ki

• Enigma
« Reply #54 on: October 23, 2016, 07:25:12 PM »
Here is Kariuki (Uhuru advisor on governance) robust reply
http://www.nation.co.ke/oped/Opinion/sorry-ndii-felt-unable-to-honour-state-house-invitation/440808-3426242-y12hd4/index.html

I read it.  I saw a highly personal attack on Ndii.   What I did not see: anything on what the summit was really about---no, the vague remark on "discussion" doesn't count---and anything at all on what the summit accomplished.     This is Uhuru's advisor on governance?

Offline MOON Ki

• Enigma
« Reply #55 on: October 23, 2016, 07:29:06 PM »

Yes, people will certainly take him seriously when he says he is concerned with, and is fighting, corruption; and they will accordingly mend their ways.   

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #56 on: October 24, 2016, 10:37:31 AM »
Is the AG report now the gold standard for measure of our corruption levels. I think AG report is useful for parliament and senate & eacc to further question those that have audit queries. It not something that is actionable without further investigation.

The rest is basically an argument for kamwana's resignation on the grounds of ineptitude.  The AG's report alone should give him plenty of targets to work on.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #57 on: October 24, 2016, 10:42:49 AM »
So Ndii is free to personally attack anyone and everyone -like he did on saturday - but Kariuku cannot respond. Ndii and Githongo were invited to have face to face conversation with president, judiciary and all the key actors in the fight against graft - and they chicken out -knowing they cannot defend their baseless foreign funded propaganda .The sooner the taps ran dry from the donors - the sooner they'll engage in some real constructive cricitism - right now they are not any different from politician mouthing propaganda in some rally.

I read it.  I saw a highly personal attack on Ndii.   What I did not see: anything on what the summit was really about---no, the vague remark on "discussion" doesn't count---and anything at all on what the summit accomplished.     This is Uhuru's advisor on governance?

Offline Kichwa

• Enigma
« Reply #58 on: October 24, 2016, 04:12:13 PM »
"I have done my job and I will not change anything dead or a live" Malonza

• Enigma
« Reply #59 on: October 24, 2016, 04:16:36 PM »
Is the AG report now the gold standard for measure of our corruption levels. I think AG report is useful for parliament and senate & eacc to further question those that have audit queries. It not something that is actionable without further investigation.

The AG report is where you can see what he actually said about the Fed Reserve Bank.  It is where you can learn that kamwana is spewing nonsense - talking about things that only exist in his imagination - and quit repeating the same.  The report is a better standard than the ramblings of a drunk at State House.

The report is useful for kamwana too if he is serious about fighting corruption.  There is nothing stopping him from looking through it and launching independent investigations and actions.  He would not be breaking any law known to man by going after the fellows in charge of the suspect ministries. 

Harriet Tubman