Author Topic: Eurobond at work-Ruto donates 18 million in 2 days  (Read 4829 times)

Offline Kichwa

• Enigma
Eurobond at work-Ruto donates 18 million in 2 days
« on: October 08, 2016, 06:03:24 PM »
This is obscene.
"I have done my job and I will not change anything dead or a live" Malonza

Offline Empedocles

• VIP
  • Enigma
Re: Eurobond at work-Ruto donates 18 million in 2 days
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2016, 07:00:46 PM »
This is obscene.

It's common sense.

He has to steal as much as he can (and even more).

Offline Kichwa

• Enigma
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2016, 12:10:43 AM »
Its only common sense if you believe that being in government is not public services but "kukula Nyama". If only we could  mobilize voters based on 'Wala Nyama"  vs.  "Wameza Mate" that would be the real tyranny of #'s.

Offline MOON Ki

• Enigma
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2016, 08:29:20 PM »
It's common sense.

He has to steal as much as he can (and even more).

A president is the largest beneficiary of theft from the public.   The wealth is inherited by his kid, who in turn becomes president.  In such a country, it seems only natural that a deputy president should similarly aspire to reach greater heights and also seek to put something aside for his progeny.

All that also inspires the youth, who are "the future of our great country"

http://www.nation.co.ke/news/Kenyan-youth-have-no-qualms-with-corruption-survey-shows/1056-3038800-pb8ydw/index.html

as well as others ... who on being fired for theft take it as a signal that it is time to run for high political office.

Nyama
or mate?   Your choice.
MOON Ki  is  Muli Otieno Otiende Njoroge arap Kiprotich
Your True Friend, Brother,  and  Compatriot.

Offline Empedocles

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2016, 09:59:53 PM »
Its only common sense if you believe that being in government is not public services but "kukula Nyama". If only we could  mobilize voters based on 'Wala Nyama"  vs.  "Wameza Mate" that would be the real tyranny of #'s.

What I believe in is, unfortunately, irrelevant.

Just try picturing this: Ruto in government as the DP living only on his salary of about ~1m per month and not willing to condone corruption around him (haha).

Then answer this: what are his realistic his chances of becoming PORK (or even remaining as the DP) without dishing out cash to his hombres for political (tribal) support?

In short, Jomo founded a society which demands absolute corruption from politicians to be considered "succesfull". So long as Ruto wants to remain succesfull in politics (and he does, you know), he must steal and allow to be stolen as much as is possible.

Oh, and you can freely replace Ruto's name with Uhuru, Weta, RAO, Kalonzo, etc., doesn't change a single thing. They all know what make sense.

Offline Georgesoros

• Enigma
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2016, 06:07:31 PM »
Even Warren Buffet doesnt donate that much!!!

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2016, 08:00:20 PM »
Really? Warren Buffet has donated billions of dollar together with Bill Gates.I think when it come to kenya political donation...it not that Ruto has more dirty money than say Raila or Uhuru or Kibaki...it more his belief that donating money pays off politically. This is akin to Moi strategy. I guess Jomo's harambee is to "blame". Raila thinks attending every funeral does the job and donating as little stingy kibaki is smart politics.Harambee in Kenya is a political prequisite. How many harambees you've attended or contributed is probably one of biggest reason voters will elect or reject you.

Kenya has really institutionalized harambee...whose good side is our great cooperative system (saccos, farmer co-op, etc) and whose side-effect is political handout culture.

Some of these harambees have help build schools, churches and such small projects...so it not all bad. CDF and counties will probably eventually fill this void...but for now...harambees of all forms are being conducted every day in kenya.

Offline Empedocles

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2016, 08:28:50 PM »
Really? Warren Buffet has donated billions of dollar together with Bill Gates.I think when it come to kenya political donation...it not that Ruto has more dirty money than say Raila or Uhuru or Kibaki...it more his belief that donating money pays off politically. This is akin to Moi strategy. I guess Jomo's harambee is to "blame". Raila thinks attending every funeral does the job and donating as little stingy kibaki is smart politics.Harambee in Kenya is a political prequisite. How many harambees you've attended or contributed is probably one of biggest reason voters will elect or reject you.

Kenya has really institutionalized harambee...whose good side is our great cooperative system (saccos, farmer co-op, etc) and whose side-effect is political handout culture.

Some of these harambees have help build schools, churches and such small projects...so it not all bad. CDF and counties will probably eventually fill this void...but for now...harambees of all forms are being conducted every day in kenya.

So where's Ruto getting the millions he's generously donating  to help build schools, churches and such small projects?

Offline Kichwa

• Enigma
« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2016, 08:31:43 PM »
We are talking about theft not the virtues of giving.  We also know where Warren Buffet,  Bill Gates and Ruto got their monies.

Offline MOON Ki

• Enigma
« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2016, 08:55:25 PM »

So where's Ruto getting the millions he's generously donating  to help build schools, churches and such small projects?

Kenya is a funny place.   The public is robbed, and the robbers are then praised for handing back a little of the loot.

Offline yulemsee

• VIP
  • Superstar
« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2016, 09:47:54 PM »
Ruto should start worrying about his reputation if he wants to run in 2022

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2016, 09:43:22 AM »
Mmh..Ruto hadn't had the "reputation" from ab initio and has gone to become DP at young age. I think he should continue with Harambee. There are two venues..you can use to politick regularly..funeral or harambee. Or well launching and inspecting gov project. Rallies? Or well staying in statehouse like Kibaki did.
Ruto should start worrying about his reputation if he wants to run in 2022

Offline Kadudu

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #12 on: October 11, 2016, 10:12:10 AM »
How can one even dare to mention the name Warren Buffet and William Ruto in one breath?
Warren Buffet has worked hard for decades and the other is a hustler with a well documented record.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #13 on: October 11, 2016, 10:53:18 AM »
You've have a problem with comprehension. Warren Buffet donates alot more than Ruto. Of course the source of their wealth is different. Ruto has worked hard in political rent seeking business. Warren in investing smartly in companies. Both are donating for totally different reason. Ruto is donating to buy political support.
How can one even dare to mention the name Warren Buffet and William Ruto in one breath?
Warren Buffet has worked hard for decades and the other is a hustler with a well documented record.

Offline Kadudu

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #14 on: October 11, 2016, 12:16:04 PM »
Comprehension my friend was not my main field in school.
My problem is not in the amount the two contribute, but the way the two made their money.
It is good that you admit that Ruto is a hustler.

You've have a problem with comprehension. Warren Buffet donates alot more than Ruto. Of course the source of their wealth is different. Ruto has worked hard in political rent seeking business. Warren in investing smartly in companies. Both are donating for totally different reason. Ruto is donating to buy political support.

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
« Reply #15 on: October 11, 2016, 04:14:25 PM »

Kenya is a funny place.   The public is robbed, and the robbers are then praised for handing back a little of the loot.

Even more curious, the robbery victims will put their lives on the line to defend them from being held to account.  I know kichwa-mmeza mate will disagree.  But the Kenyan in particular, and the African in general, with few exceptions, wants nothing different than what he is getting.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #16 on: October 11, 2016, 04:32:09 PM »
Superficial view of a complex issue. US top 1% continue to rip off the 99% but they continue to dominate the political landscape, don't they? The same is true here and in any democracy - money will buy you support, media, pr and name it. Where the US and developed world excels is in strong justice system and more thorough vetting...although Trump and Clinton are not any less criminal than our politicians here.
Even more curious, the robbery victims will put their lives on the line to defend them from being held to account.  I know kichwa-mmeza mate will disagree.  But the Kenyan in particular, and the African in general, with few exceptions, wants nothing different than what he is getting.

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
« Reply #17 on: October 11, 2016, 04:44:28 PM »
Superficial view of a complex issue. US top 1% continue to rip off the 99% but they continue to dominate the political landscape, don't they? The same is true here and in any democracy - money will buy you support, media, pr and name it. Where the US and developed world excels is in strong justice system and more thorough vetting...although Trump and Clinton are not any less criminal than our politicians here.

Actually if Hillary or Trump broke the law they would be held to account.  Anyhow, no point bringing it up, since you've just admitted it.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #18 on: October 11, 2016, 04:51:32 PM »
Emoji icons like this :) :( are not a substitute to a sound argument.
I believe Pundit's first sentence is meant to refer to his sentences that follow it.    :D

Offline MOON Ki

• Enigma
« Reply #19 on: October 11, 2016, 04:52:57 PM »
Emoji icons like this :) :( are not a substitute to a sound argument.

Sound argument?   RV Pundit?    :D :o :D