Author Topic: "Chinese fish" imports hit kes. 1B  (Read 2002 times)

Offline RVtitem

• VIP
  • Enigma
"Chinese fish" imports hit kes. 1B
« on: September 20, 2016, 12:04:23 PM »
The BBC in July reported that Chinese
fishing vessels operate illegally off the coast of Guinea, depleting its fish
population. It has been suggested that the Chinese are selling some of the illegally caught fish to countries like Kenya.

It has been suggested that the Chinese are selling some of the illegally caught fish to countries like Kenya.

www.businessdailyafrica.com/Corporate-News/China-fish-exports-to-Kenya-hit-Sh1bn-as-appetite-grows/539550-3387898-item-1-145e48g/index.html

Offline Empedocles

• VIP
  • Enigma
Re: "Chinese fish" imports hit kes. 1B
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2016, 12:26:45 PM »
population. It has been suggested that the Chinese are selling some of the illegally caught fish to countries like Kenya.

It has been suggested that the Chinese are selling some of the illegally caught fish to countries like Kenya.

www.businessdailyafrica.com/Corporate-News/China-fish-exports-to-Kenya-hit-Sh1bn-as-appetite-grows/539550-3387898-item-1-145e48g/index.html

I hope KEBS are really on their toes inspecting the fish.

I mean, the Chinese are infamous for sh!t like this:

Offline MOON Ki

• Enigma
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2016, 04:24:38 PM »

Surely, the employees of KEBS should, like all others, eat their share of of our great country.     In fact, things are going so well the iFong-style business is one area where our services sector is proving that it is indeed the best in the region:

Kenya is ranked among the largest markets for counterfeit goods in East Africa, and serves as the distribution point to the region.
http://www.nation.co.ke/news/Kenya-Counterfeit-Goods-Imports-India-China/1056-2678866-2iayl0z/index.html
MOON Ki  is  Muli Otieno Otiende Njoroge arap Kiprotich
Your True Friend, Brother,  and  Compatriot.

Offline Georgesoros

• Enigma
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2016, 06:09:25 PM »
Lake Victoria and Tanganyika have fresh Tilapia, right?
Why arent the Railas and Coast Mps complaining about this since it affects the people of the region most.

Offline veritas

• Enigma
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2016, 05:10:16 PM »

Give me ifong over iphone any day.

When it comes to famous brand electronic gadgets, imitation is better. They tend to be leftovers from the warehouse where they manufacture it, but upgraded a bit, without the logo and security parts (Apple etc. have tracking devices in their hardware and have done so for years despite the lies concocted by their PR dept, hence why I don't support Apple products, I once worked for Apple corporation) so it can sell. I guess one needs to be discerning about where the imitation comes from. If it's a warehouse in Shenzhen, chances are it's from the actual factory.

Offline Empedocles

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2016, 09:53:40 PM »
Give me ifong over iphone any day.

When it comes to famous brand electronic gadgets, imitation is better. They tend to be leftovers from the warehouse where they manufacture it, but upgraded a bit, without the logo and security parts (Apple etc. have tracking devices in their hardware and have done so for years despite the lies concocted by their PR dept, hence why I don't support Apple products, I once worked for Apple corporation) so it can sell. I guess one needs to be discerning about where the imitation comes from. If it's a warehouse in Shenzhen, chances are it's from the actual factory.

Thanks for that...errr...interesting story but I still ain't eating any iFish.

Offline veritas

• Enigma
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2016, 08:03:17 AM »
it's not a "story," facts from my experience. However let me reiterate, NOT for electrical goods like bulbs, cables, security etc. must be from Germany, USA etc. or else the whole premise will most definitely burn down. AND definitely NOT for food. Cancer in China is skyrocketing, epidemic proportions. Lots of fake food, diseases etc. What was it 1 in 3 Chinese nationals have cancer likely caused from food.

Offline RVtitem

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2016, 03:09:31 PM »
There's a remedy to china-kenya trade imbalance. There's a huge shortage of donkeys in china!

"China is now increasingly looking to
Africa to boost its stocks, and imports
donkeys from countries across the
continent. But flourishing trade has hit
several roadblocks."

http://edition.cnn.com/2016/09/29/africa/china-african-donkeys/

Offline veritas

• Enigma
« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2016, 05:55:41 PM »
Animal rights mate.

How would you like being cargoed for a month in some dingy dodgy shipping box chained to the floor to arrive starving then forced into forced labor. Have mercy on the common donkey. Donkeys deserve as much right to roam free as we humans.