Author Topic: Makau Mutua - A lesson on forecasting  (Read 1899 times)

Offline gout

• VIP
  • Enigma
Makau Mutua - A lesson on forecasting
« on: September 14, 2016, 11:07:30 AM »
Listening to him being sober, great insights on broad range of issues but his past juvenile reckless rants have ensured no chance for him. He has fallen on the same sword Miguna has definitely fallen despite their quite good brains.

https://citizentv.co.ke/tv/

In such a volatile, fluid and dynamic world and more so Africa where resources and opportunities are limited and viciously fought for, one has to forecast consequences of reckless moments especially if one has dreams of being employed to a big public or corporate office. What he calls 'speaking robustly' means things would easily stall as you offer no compromises.
I underestimated the heartbreaks visited by hasla revolution

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
Re: Makau Mutua - A lesson on forecasting
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2016, 11:37:17 AM »
Yeap, another Miguna Miguna, who nobody can trust with serious stuff.Way too mercurial.

Offline RVtitem

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2016, 04:00:03 PM »
Guy has a 100 page cv. Going through it now :)

http://www.law.buffalo.edu/content/dam/law/restricted-assets/pdf/faculty/cv/mutua_makau_cv.pdf

CV ought to be 1-2 pages....anything else is a book.

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2016, 04:07:40 PM »
Guy has a 100 page cv. Going through it now :)

http://www.law.buffalo.edu/content/dam/law/restricted-assets/pdf/faculty/cv/mutua_makau_cv.pdf

CV ought to be 1-2 pages....anything else is a book.

Most of it is just padding with awards, news reports and opinions written about or by himself.  His actual CV is about 4 pages.  Padding can be used to compensate for shortage of oomph in the quality and challenge of actual work and experience summary.  But it could also betray an element of uncertainty and doubt in self.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline RVtitem

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2016, 04:19:39 PM »
Highly doubt if he will get it...
-he is pro gayism (very ardent gay activist)
-he is anti-putin
-he is a member of CFR (he is owned by Rothchilds/Rockefellers)
-he is anti-china
-he is pro somalia war
-he claims to be a proud member of evil society

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2016, 04:36:55 PM »
Highly doubt if he will get it...
-he is pro gayism (very ardent gay activist)
-he is anti-putin
-he is a member of CFR (he is owned by Rothchilds/Rockefellers)
-he is anti-china
-he is pro somalia war
-he claims to be a proud member of evil society

Mutunga also had a few of those.  Those shouldn't really matter.  Everyone has views; his views are not off kilter.  I think Makau Mutua's scant legal experience might be his undoing.  He has a lot of academic and activism experience.  But little to zero courtroom and management experience.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline veritas

• Enigma
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2016, 05:51:38 PM »
Impeccable individual. Academic type though. No experience in politics or the workforce outside academia.

Problem is he's too American and seems to express limited knowledge or experience on Kenya's political dynamics.

I remember him on Facebook or was it Twitter because he's a friend of friends whom I went to school with who works in the same faculty Buffalo and they were campaigning for the Democrats at the time.

I couldn't relate much to what he was saying and my friend thought me more Kenyan than him, because his views were simply too white.

I hadn't quite figured out if this was because he was one of those privileged coconut Kenyans Americanized thoroughly, or if he was keeping up appearances- out of arrogance or just too out of touch with common wananchi.

Offline veritas

• Enigma
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2016, 06:10:29 PM »
Past juvenile rants is a good thing. Loud mouthed buffoonry characterizes Kenyan politician. Moi, Kibaki, Raila, Uhuru, Ruto even Nelson Mandela, Martin Luther King, Obama Snr, Obama Potus were reckless loudmouths passionate about things revoked by society as "terrorists" to mischief makers. So long as it doesn't go too right like Trump, Palin, Hitler etc.

Big corporate/public office usher in populous reckless loud mouths who of course can double speak and preach at the same time and only backtrack errors when confronted with it by graciously topping it up with more double speak. I personally don't know any mute/employee types become managers let alone occupy corporate chair/public office.

Listening to him being sober, great insights on broad range of issues but his past juvenile reckless rants have ensured no chance for him. He has fallen on the same sword Miguna has definitely fallen despite their quite good brains.

https://citizentv.co.ke/tv/

In such a volatile, fluid and dynamic world and more so Africa where resources and opportunities are limited and viciously fought for, one has to forecast consequences of reckless moments especially if one has dreams of being employed to a big public or corporate office. What he calls 'speaking robustly' means things would easily stall as you offer no compromises.