Author Topic: Shrill opposition voice - they cannot seem to counter Jubilee in any details.  (Read 1896 times)

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
Generic claims of corruption and lack of development. Zero on specifics. Most importantly you cannot compare 13-16 (Jubilee) with NARA era. It's like day and night.
http://www.nation.co.ke/news/politics/Cord-and-Jubilee-leaders-in-verbal-war-over-development-record/1064-3369708-14punqoz/index.html

Offline Empedocles

• VIP
  • Enigma
Generic claims of corruption and lack of development. Zero on specifics. Most importantly you cannot compare 13-16 (Jubilee) with NARA era. It's like day and night.
http://www.nation.co.ke/news/politics/Cord-and-Jubilee-leaders-in-verbal-war-over-development-record/1064-3369708-14punqoz/index.html
the Mafia Kenyan Politicians) a code of silence about criminal activity and a refusal to give evidence to authorities.

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
I desire to go to hell and not to heaven. In the former place I shall enjoy the company of popes, kings, and princes, while in the latter are only beggars, monks, and apostles. ~ Niccolo Machiavelli on his deathbed, June 1527

Offline Empedocles

• VIP
  • Enigma
CORRUPTION should be eliminated 100% as an government objective... Complete police, judicial and other reforms. D/PORK and governors must declare their wealth before end of each term. INTERITY/chapter 6 should be a government policy, not wished away

There is plenty of room for the Opposition pledge better than Jubilee but they are not doing it properly. It is one thing to compare Jubilee with NARA forced marriage, but has Jubilee adequately leveraged the platform set by new katiba and more advanced world? I think NARA is a poor standard, let us use Rwanda, TZ or Ethiopia instead. Actually Kenya as the regional hub should be compared to SA, Nigeria, Morocco or Egypt.

Given the circumstances and opportunities, Jubilee's performance is suboptimal and average at best.

Just out of curiosity, how many of the leading (and lesser) lights of both coalitions would be ineligible for any office if chapter 6 were to be faithfully implemented?

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
CORRUPTION should be eliminated 100% as an government objective... Complete police, judicial and other reforms. D/PORK and governors must declare their wealth before end of each term. INTEGRITY/chapter 6 should be a government policy, not wished away

There is plenty of room for the Opposition pledge better than Jubilee but they are not doing it properly. It is one thing to compare Jubilee with NARA forced marriage, but has Jubilee adequately leveraged the platform set by new katiba and more advanced world? I think NARA is a poor standard, let us use Rwanda, TZ or Ethiopia instead. Actually Kenya as the regional hub should be compared to SA, Nigeria, Morocco or Egypt.

Given the circumstances and opportunities, Jubilee's performance is suboptimal and average at best.

Just out of curiosity, how many of the leading (and lesser) lights of both coalitions would be ineligible for any office if chapter 6 were to be faithfully implemented?

Too many to count. It ought to be a going forward issue. Wealth declaration for EXECUTIVE office holders should be a minimum, open to public scrutiny.
I desire to go to hell and not to heaven. In the former place I shall enjoy the company of popes, kings, and princes, while in the latter are only beggars, monks, and apostles. ~ Niccolo Machiavelli on his deathbed, June 1527

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
Cord job includes to pledge a better value proposition. Especially on inequality between counties they can really hammer Jubilee. Okoa referendum should be the new ICC. Minimum 30% allocation from national BUDGET.

How about intercounty link - road/rail connection all round the country? Raila amezeeka, he needs to retread to a sharp edge like '07. We need guys like Mutua to counter UhuRuto's average dressed as excellence.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
Now you're taking Robina. Those are the kind of issues CORD should be raising. That would elevate the debate and people can start taking CORD seriously.

Anyway I think you got county allocation wrong. Gov cannot share it total budget - it can only share taxes collected by KRA. Otherwise it would have to share uncommitted borrowings, loans and others. Counties totally budget will also include their own borrowing, donor fundind, collection from internal revenue (same as gov AIA),etc.

Last year KRA collected about 1.2B - and GoK gave counties out about 300B. That works out to 40% of the allocation. Not 15%.The constitution defines the formulae as the percentange of  the 'last audited kra collection". The idea being gok can only share what is really has..it cannot share projected kra collections neither can it share projected borrowings or donor funding.

Counties can easily raise another 300B if they were serious - some of them like Nairobi have some many other levies, all of them run hospitals that generate fair amount of money, some of them have game reserves, all of them can borrow money with nod of treasury and can seek own donor funds.

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
I agree on counties but Cord should ignore that detail... 2.2T is what he should scream about. If I was him I would be promising 45% US/Germany std. Plus the US-style intercounty, equalization and a million goodies.

Opposition is CARTE BLANCHE... promise miracles and Jubilee should be playing defense. I can't believe the shrill speech too. Young turks like Mutua and Joho need to take over from old guard otherwise Jubilee will run with this unchallenged. Bad for Kenya.

Now you're taking Robina. Those are the kind of issues CORD should be raising. That would elevate the debate and people can start taking CORD seriously.

Anyway I think you got county allocation wrong. Gov cannot share it total budget - it can only share taxes collected by KRA. Otherwise it would have to share uncommitted borrowings, loans and others. Counties totally budget will also include their own borrowing, donor fundind, collection from internal revenue (same as gov AIA),etc.

Last year KRA collected about 1.2B - and GoK gave counties out about 300B. That works out to 40% of the allocation. Not 15%.The constitution defines the formulae as the percentange of  the 'last audited kra collection". The idea being gok can only share what is really has..it cannot share projected kra collections neither can it share projected borrowings or donor funding.

Counties can easily raise another 300B if they were serious - some of them like Nairobi have some many other levies, all of them run hospitals that generate fair amount of money, some of them have game reserves, all of them can borrow money with nod of treasury and can seek own donor funds.