Author Topic: Kagwanja nails it..UhuRuto have ushered a new post-colonial Kenya  (Read 4636 times)

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
Kagwanja nails it..UhuRuto have ushered a new post-colonial Kenya
« on: September 04, 2016, 12:32:01 PM »
From a presidency that was shackled by ICC and terror attacks from Alshabaab; they've turned this 360! What the duo have achieved in 3 short years is trully incredible. They've done exceptionally well in all spheres except for half-hearted graft/corruption (though the last 3yrs have been probably the most we have fought corruption).
http://www.nation.co.ke/oped/Opinion/Economic-diplomacy-transforming-Kenya-into-a-global-soft-power/440808-3368446-14rjrf0/index.html

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
Re: Kagwanja nails it..UhuRuto have ushered a new post-colonial Kenya
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2016, 05:42:33 PM »
They have made the best of a bad situation.

POLITICS... They need to let proper democracy reign instead of Kanu political stranglehold metality. The opposition has offered fair critique of their leadership and they have nothing to fear. Why the endless push for a mammoth party?

EDUCATION reform is another hard nut besides corruption. With economic fundamentals constantly improving, without proper manpower the opportunities, platforms and solutions will be underutilized.

I desire to go to hell and not to heaven. In the former place I shall enjoy the company of popes, kings, and princes, while in the latter are only beggars, monks, and apostles. ~ Niccolo Machiavelli on his deathbed, June 1527

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2016, 05:57:51 PM »
If you mean they need to let weaker politicians survive then that would make sense.Jubilee have been able to achieve all this because they've managed politics. From the NARA endless makelele - we've have had a fairly stable political enviroment - save for Raila's Okoa and demo nonsense.

We all need to realize that at any one point only one person can be pork, dpork, governor,senator,mp and mca.

POLITICS... They need to let proper democracy reign instead of Kanu political stranglehold metality. The opposition has offered fair critique of their leadership and they have nothing to fear. Why the endless push for a mammoth party?

EDUCATION reform is another hard nut besides corruption. With economic fundamentals constantly improving, without proper manpower the opportunities, platforms and solutions will be underutilized.

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2016, 07:13:48 PM »
I don't mean useless MaDVD should be cut sluck, no. UhuRuto are preaching US-like two-party state while angling for Kanu monopoly. They want to kill the opposition and alternative voices. I see their hand in troubles rocking Munya/PNU and such petty stuff, just because he won't join monolith Jubilee straightjacket. 60% of parliament is unnecessary. A HUNG parliament is more beneficial for immature democracy like Kenya due to psycophansy. How shall we know when the king is naked?

If you mean they need to let weaker politicians survive then that would make sense.Jubilee have been able to achieve all this because they've managed politics. From the NARA endless makelele - we've have had a fairly stable political enviroment - save for Raila's Okoa and demo nonsense.

We all need to realize that at any one point only one person can be pork, dpork, governor,senator,mp and mca.

I desire to go to hell and not to heaven. In the former place I shall enjoy the company of popes, kings, and princes, while in the latter are only beggars, monks, and apostles. ~ Niccolo Machiavelli on his deathbed, June 1527

Offline Empedocles

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2016, 10:07:45 PM »
I don't mean useless MaDVD should be cut sluck, no. UhuRuto are preaching US-like two-party state while angling for Kanu monopoly. They want to kill the opposition and alternative voices. I see their hand in troubles rocking Munya/PNU and such petty stuff, just because he won't join monolith Jubilee straightjacket. 60% of parliament is unnecessary. A HUNG parliament is more beneficial for immature democracy like Kenya due to psycophansy. How shall we know when the king is naked?

I think I mentioned this earlier; this is long term strategic planning for 2022. Now add to that blocking party hopping for nomination losers.....

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2016, 10:36:45 PM »
I think I mentioned this earlier; this is long term strategic planning for 2022. Now add to that blocking party hopping for nomination losers.....

Of course it is, with a Kagameesque  overlord. I wish Raila could man up and front a powerful surrogate pair. Jubilee has a totalitarian potential; with a strong competition they have to deliver and any evil schemes would be thwarted.

Offline Empedocles

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2016, 11:30:19 AM »
Of course it is, with a Kagameesque  overlord. I wish Raila could man up and front a powerful surrogate pair. Jubilee has a totalitarian potential; with a strong competition they have to deliver and any evil schemes would be thwarted.

I doubt RAO would do the right thing by endorsing others. While he's aiming for his fourth stab at the all elusive presidency, the Kenyatta's and Moi's are feverishly working towards perpetuating a dynasty in Kenya.

RAO running for PORK next year is the best news for Jubilee.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2016, 01:19:39 PM »
Whatever Raila does - Jubilee already have more than 50% of the vote. You cannot beat that.

Offline Empedocles

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2016, 03:42:47 PM »
Whatever Raila does - Jubilee already have more than 50% of the vote. You cannot beat that.

I think RAO could be a king (queen) maker next year, as long as he doesn't run himself.

But 2017, at least from the today's POV, is over and done with and UK is in for his second term.

The MKM + Moi are more interested in 2022.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2016, 04:18:37 PM »
What the big deal about 2022. It seem to me that UhuRuto are not going to drop the ball and Ruto will inherit PORK.

I think RAO could be a king (queen) maker next year, as long as he doesn't run himself.

But 2017, at least from the today's POV, is over and done with and UK is in for his second term.

The MKM + Moi are more interested in 2022.

Offline Empedocles

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2016, 05:17:35 PM »
What the big deal about 2022. It seem to me that UhuRuto are not going to drop the ball and Ruto will inherit PORK.

This is exactly where I have my serious doubts.

Proof?

Zilch.

Just a strong feeling that something about the whole handing over to Ruto in 2022 seems somehow way......off.

Let's just wait and see.

One of us is definitely wrong.  :)

Offline sitting bull

• Superstar
« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2016, 05:26:32 PM »

I still don't believe this is true.... just as it was told over & over about tyranny of numbers,  it's starting all over again as we approach the elections.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2016, 05:42:53 PM »
Let wait for those numbers....after the've been audited and registered closed. Kenya tribal maths is child play.
I still don't believe this is true.... just as it was told over & over about tyranny of numbers,  it's starting all over again as we approach the elections.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #13 on: September 05, 2016, 05:43:52 PM »
On the contrary everything is nicely falling into place. Jubilee party is Ruto ticket to 2022.
This is exactly where I have my serious doubts.

Proof?

Zilch.

Just a strong feeling that something about the whole handing over to Ruto in 2022 seems somehow way......off.

Let's just wait and see.

One of us is definitely wrong.  :)

Offline Empedocles

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #14 on: September 05, 2016, 10:22:09 PM »
On the contrary everything is nicely falling into place. Jubilee party is Ruto ticket to 2022.

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #15 on: September 05, 2016, 10:52:19 PM »

Exactly. Mammoth parties like Kanu and ODM tend to shatter due to diversity in brittle society. Choice of next DPORK will be Ruto's waterloo... can he keep Gema AND non-Gema? Herding people with tricks about party maturity can only fool a few. What is the common interest?

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
« Reply #16 on: September 06, 2016, 01:28:36 PM »
I am surprised anyone still takes Kagwanja seriously.  The man is a typical jubilant hack.  Delusional to the core.

The claims that kamwanas endless trips to save his hide were for the good of the country sounds like something one would say to a receptive jubilant audience.  Or a joke to a more rational audience.

SGR, wasn't the funding already a settled issue when the jubilant captured power?  Kenya a top ten UN contributor; what's this guy talking about?
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

• Enigma
« Reply #17 on: September 06, 2016, 01:31:56 PM »

A self imposed handicap.  Where they could be sprinting, they are limping.  And they are more than happy to learn all the wrong lessons from it.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #18 on: September 06, 2016, 02:28:54 PM »
SGR was already funded? Big lie. SGR was dead as dodo. NARA never even talked about it. Only person I heard talking about SGR after a long lull (NARC regime) was WSR late in 2012. WSR while he was still running alone..said he'll get the SGR in 3 yrs and I thought the guy was smoking some vodoo. And now he has done it.
SGR, wasn't the funding already a settled issue when the jubilant captured power?  Kenya a top ten UN contributor; what's this guy talking about?

• Enigma
« Reply #19 on: September 06, 2016, 03:17:47 PM »
SGR was already funded? Big lie. SGR was dead as dodo. NARA never even talked about it. Only person I heard talking about SGR after a long lull (NARC regime) was WSR late in 2012. WSR while he was still running alone..said he'll get the SGR in 3 yrs and I thought the guy was smoking some vodoo. And now he has done it.

I meant it was not necessarily seen as a bump in the road.  Any government would have secured it just as easily.

Harriet Tubman