Author Topic: Shocking Poverty in Nyeri Kenya  (Read 1392 times)

Offline Omollo

• Enigma
  • http://www.omollosview.com
    • Omollosview
Shocking Poverty in Nyeri Kenya
« on: August 19, 2016, 12:13:47 AM »
The photo below is not of Luo Kibera. It is of Kikuyu Nyeri.

Nyeri is the county from where Mwai Kibaki came from. It is the county that has produced a large number of billionaires who love to scorn Raila calling him "The Lord of Poverty". The suggestion being Raila not only causes poverty but presides over poverty and the poor in an Poor People Empire headquartered in what another Nyeri braggart - Kaguthi called Luo Nyanza.

Well it now looks like Raila's empire has expanded to Nyeri. See for yourself below. When I published photos of the poverty I had seen in Central at RCB it was deleted within seconds by a moderator. This however is from the Tribal Rag run by Kiboro.

Note that it is NOT one slum:

Witemere, Kiawara, Ngangarithi, Kangemi and Majengo slums have been classified as some of the favourite areas for armed criminals, most of them on police watch lists for criminal activities in parts of Nairobi and the central region.

A number of estates around Nyeri town, including Kamakwa and Skuta, have also been pointed out as hideouts for the criminals.

According to police sources, armed criminals operating in Nairobi and Kiambu counties usually escape to parts of Nyeri when police tighten the noose on armed criminals in the areas.

A source, who spoke to the Nation.co.ke on condition of anonymity, said that most of them are natives of Nyeri and were inducted into crime by local gangs.

On four separate occasions last month, three of the most wanted gun-wielding criminals managed to escape the grasp of police in operations organised by the Directorate of Criminal Investigations.
The many slums around Nyeri town, according to police, hinder police in their efforts to apprehend the suspects.
... [the ICC case] will be tried in Europe, where due procedure and expertise prevail.; ... Second-guessing Ocampo and fantasizing ..has obviously become a national pastime.- NattyDread

Offline Kadudu

• VIP
  • Enigma
Re: Shocking Poverty in Nyeri Kenya
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2016, 01:58:31 AM »
I thought poverty is only restricted to Nyanza :D :D :D

Kiawara slums in Nyeri

Offline Georgesoros

• Enigma
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2016, 06:14:50 AM »
poverty is as Kenyan as richness is to todays Kenya politicians. Look at those so called infrastructure!!!
SHOCKING???
No, Go Kericho its the same, Mandera, Kibera, Kisii, etc...

Offline hk

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2016, 08:12:49 AM »
First of all the above picture isn't of kiawara but majengo. Kiawara isn't a slum like majengo its a place where plots are going for 1m to 3m . Every town has a slum because the counties or the state hasn't issued title deeds to owners to put up proper structures. Ngangarithi the other place mentioned as slum is a peri urban place where landowners are uprooting coffee to put up buildings as nyeri expands. What's important is the companies (factories) being put up or expanding in nyeri. If only Nyeri had a half a competent governor it could be truly be one of the richest counties without the huge income disparities in kiambu or nakuru.

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2016, 04:30:05 PM »
But it's not shocking unless one thinks Nyeri is, er, a developed county.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline Omollo

• Enigma
  • http://www.omollosview.com
    • Omollosview
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2016, 06:18:38 PM »
Jubilee and Kikuyu Supremacists sell the image of Central as full of prosperity and affluence and cite Kibera and Luos as the contrast. Ngunyi and Kuria have been leading the tribal supremacy charge.

Does it matter what is behind a slum?

Kibera is surrounded by some of the poshest estates in Kenya; Lavington has Kawangware behind it. etc. We know and I have said it before: The Poorest Man in any country is found living a stone throw away from where the Richest man is found. Test it any day
... [the ICC case] will be tried in Europe, where due procedure and expertise prevail.; ... Second-guessing Ocampo and fantasizing ..has obviously become a national pastime.- NattyDread