Author Topic: After all the CORD demos....nothing really changes in IEBC  (Read 12318 times)

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
Re: After all the CORD demos....nothing really changes in IEBC
« Reply #40 on: September 02, 2016, 12:09:42 PM »
The only change I am seeing here is the blocking of party hopping. This will work for strong parties. And the strongest of them will suddenly be Jubilee. The combined Jubilee now has close to 200Mps...with this blocking of party hoppers...the party might get more than 200k. ODM is hoping to improve it's 100mps at expense of smaller cord affliaties -pdps, fk and wiper.The biggest losers are the small parties who are hoping to attract rigged strong candidates.

Offline gout

• VIP
  • Enigma
I underestimated the heartbreaks visited by hasla revolution

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
« Reply #42 on: September 02, 2016, 05:12:51 PM »
Is Miguna still running for Nairobi governor?  If he is, then he is more delusional than advertised.  He probably should try his luck for MP in Nyando.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #43 on: September 02, 2016, 06:19:55 PM »
Is Miguna still running for Nairobi governor?  If he is, then he is more delusional than advertised.  He probably should try his luck for MP in Nyando.

Folks could actually elect Miguna MP just for the fun. If he had a working braincell he would know :D

I desire to go to hell and not to heaven. In the former place I shall enjoy the company of popes, kings, and princes, while in the latter are only beggars, monks, and apostles. ~ Niccolo Machiavelli on his deathbed, June 1527

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #44 on: September 02, 2016, 08:40:34 PM »
Good for UhuRuto, bad for Kenya. With high levels of corruption, tribalism, incompetence, etc we need swing parliament as a better check. Imagine stuff like draconian Security Act, or anti-press freedom act with mammoth monolith Jubilee. Raila with 50% Cord MPigs will halt Eurobond and such brazen theft. SWING parliament is the best deal Kenya can get until democracy is entrenched.

The only change I am seeing here is the blocking of party hopping. This will work for strong parties. And the strongest of them will suddenly be Jubilee. The combined Jubilee now has close to 200Mps...with this blocking of party hoppers...the party might get more than 200k. ODM is hoping to improve it's 100mps at expense of smaller cord affliaties -pdps, fk and wiper.The biggest losers are the small parties who are hoping to attract rigged strong candidates.
I desire to go to hell and not to heaven. In the former place I shall enjoy the company of popes, kings, and princes, while in the latter are only beggars, monks, and apostles. ~ Niccolo Machiavelli on his deathbed, June 1527

Offline Empedocles

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #45 on: September 03, 2016, 04:18:07 PM »

Yeah, he is. Just launched his website and he's engaging people. Quite interesting.

And here's his Facebook page, where he engages:

https://www.facebook.com/GovernorMigunaMiguna/?fref=ts

To be honest, although I find him somewhat (!) arrogant, it's somehow refreshing to have a politician who engages with people.

Offline Empedocles

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #46 on: September 03, 2016, 04:20:53 PM »
Miguna's take

https://www.facebook.com/GovernorMigunaMiguna/posts/541086029414115

Somehow seems to easy a "victory" for Jubilee.

RAO isn't that dumb.

Could CORD have orchestrated this to reject the elections next year?

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #47 on: September 04, 2016, 10:01:45 AM »
If CORD wante to reject the results; they won't do it when all their demands have just been accepted. Of course they' had no demands. Election rigging was a redherring to mask the hidding that UhuRuto gave Raila in 2013. It going to be hard to rig elections in 2017. I don't think Jubilee is sitting out there think about it. Election will be won by having the BEST strategy and executing it. Jubilee are already so far ahead they are nearly winning 2022..leave alone 2017.CORD are yet

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #48 on: September 05, 2016, 12:37:56 PM »
Interesting analysis, that no-party-hopping undermines the big PORK candidates.

http://www.the-star.co.ke/news/2016/09/05/no-party-hopping-negatively-affects-uhurus-2017-vote_c1414531

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #49 on: September 05, 2016, 01:15:40 PM »
I have heard 2M voted for PORK and didn't bother voting for others low rank candidate. That would disabuse Ngunjiri argument that people go to vote for MCA not PORK. The losers after nomination will be made to work hard for the party by being promised jobs. Therefore they will disband their personal campaigns and work for the party - for party leader so they can curry favour.
Interesting analysis, that no-party-hopping undermines the big PORK candidates.

http://www.the-star.co.ke/news/2016/09/05/no-party-hopping-negatively-affects-uhurus-2017-vote_c1414531