Author Topic: After all the CORD demos....nothing really changes in IEBC  (Read 12324 times)

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
After all the CORD demos....nothing really changes in IEBC
« on: August 17, 2016, 09:42:23 AM »
Except that we have to send innocent commissioners home with 200M golden handshake and replace them with exactly another crop of kenyans.

http://www.nation.co.ke/news/politics/New-polls-team-to-be-in-office-by-end-of-September/1064-3347260-a7m1p/index.html

Offline Simanova

• VIP
  • Enigma
Re: After all the CORD demos....nothing really changes in IEBC
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2016, 11:36:10 AM »
Let's be concrete and factual. What is it that CORD wanted and did not achieve?

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2016, 11:40:02 AM »
I am underwhelmed considering the destruction & death occasioned by those demos. Basically nothing has changed. The same process for hiring IEBC is being used here. The previous IEBC are going home with 200M cheques having been found suitable.In any case they were retiring and Jubilee knew they had to be out ...considering they couldn't conduct a run-off incase of one.

I was hoping for more - maybe we will get details - about how exactly CORD hope to stop rigging! Polling station final declaration?

Offline Simanova

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2016, 11:58:16 AM »
I am underwhelmed considering the destruction & death occasioned by those demos. Basically nothing has changed. The same process for hiring IEBC is being used here. The previous IEBC are going home with 200M cheques having been found suitable.In any case they were retiring and Jubilee knew they had to be out ...considering they couldn't conduct a run-off incase of one.

I was hoping for more - maybe we will get details - about how exactly CORD hope to stop rigging! Polling station final declaration?

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2016, 12:40:49 PM »
Great, now when CORD get beaten in 2017, please remember this great victory of today ! I was thinking CORD had some endgame to this; but seem they didn't and they go to 2017 expecting a drubbing of about 60%!

Offline patel

• Enigma
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2016, 01:11:26 PM »
Thanks Simanova for pointing out the obvious.  Next stop should be at supreme court where the mortician Githu mungai is determined to play some monkey business to have a Jubilee friendly CJ. In my opinion the whole supreme court should and must be reconstituted. 

Offline Simanova

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2016, 01:38:28 PM »
Sorry, CORD was NOT after nusu Mkate and had no other motives contrary to what William Ruto trampled the country preaching to deaf hearers. It was about the IEBC and fair elections as we said from the beginning.

As for Jubilee getting 60% I think you need to curb your enthusiasm:

1. Charles Nyachae and Onyonka were kicked out of a funeral by angry crowds and Obure made to sneak out. Kisii is out of bounds for Jubilee. You need it to make 40%
2. Ababu is neutralized and is a parody of damaged opera puppet. He recently held what he told his backers would be the mother of all rallies in Kilifi. Try as the media could, they could not avoid showing the empty chairs. Otuoma reneged on his departure and has denied leaving. In short Ababu is contained. Busia remains solidly CORD
3. Eunice has fled to Nairobi. Nothing to write about. You seem to think he will win over there: I know he couldn't become an MCA in his home area. Let's see who takes the Jubilee ticket in Nairobi between Sonko, Eunice, Wanjiru, etc
4. Did Uhuru get booed somewhere recently and the whole thing hushed up?

Please prepare for a long stay in opposition.
Great, now when CORD get beaten in 2017, please remember this great victory of today ! I was thinking CORD had some endgame to this; but seem they didn't and they go to 2017 expecting a drubbing of about 60%!

Offline Kichwa

• Enigma
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2016, 04:30:00 PM »
RV-Pundit,  I am shocked that you have reduced this into a Football game. "my team beat your team in 2013 and will beat your team again in 2017".  Raila's achievements in democratizing Kenya when soberly analyzed are quiet monumental and the current reformation of IEBC is just one of them in a long tradition.  1)presidential term limits 2) multi-party 3) new Katiba 4)devolution  and now 5) the reform of IEBC-just to mention a few.

"I have done my job and I will not change anything dead or a live" Malonza

Offline Simanova

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2016, 01:07:48 PM »
Isaack Hassan swore that he will never resign. Well I wonder if he will now "retire"

Offline Simanova

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2016, 01:08:39 PM »
Invalid Tweet ID

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2016, 05:47:07 PM »
Isaac is being paid all the money and dues till 2017 nov.I don't know what he has "LOST". The guy is working out of this with clean record and lots of money. They are going to beg him to leave. Maybe we have different criteria for failure.I see CORD here being the biggest failure.  Just like with OKOA. They hadn't thought through this. They were just keeping themselves busy. There was no end-game. Just lots of drama. Nothing fundamental.

In fact the way I see...Jubilee now as  monolithic KANU like party...just sneaked in their agenda in this agenda less CORD talks....and will make it hard for defectors to move around. CORD have accepted this...despite not being a party and having all these many affliates.... senility has set in on Raila and like Moi...he need to bow out.

The fact that talks were concluded in lightening speed without as much controversty tells you that CORD brought underwhelming demands.

And this after all investment in OKOA and DEMOS. If CORD get beaten by 60% next year; they should consider themselves very lucky. My rough MOAS is swinging to 65%.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2016, 05:53:41 PM »
You can attribute the sun shinning to Raila for all I care. Clearly Raila didn't do all that. Many kenyans are in the continous struggle to make Kenya a better place. From all sides.
RV-Pundit,  I am shocked that you have reduced this into a Football game. "my team beat your team in 2013 and will beat your team again in 2017".  Raila's achievements in democratizing Kenya when soberly analyzed are quiet monumental and the current reformation of IEBC is just one of them in a long tradition.  1)presidential term limits 2) multi-party 3) new Katiba 4)devolution  and now 5) the reform of IEBC-just to mention a few.

Offline veritas

• Enigma
« Reply #12 on: August 18, 2016, 05:53:58 PM »
why do they even bother with elections ? seriously just use some tic tac toe algorithm and determine the winner.. which will be rigged in favor of Uhuruto anyway.

Offline veritas

• Enigma
« Reply #13 on: August 18, 2016, 08:27:02 PM »
Good thing is they got rid of them though... probably pressure from USA, that's progress. Next step I suppose is consensus/consultation on how they pick the next crop. IEBC should equally represent each faction ie. govt side vs opposition.

Offline Kichwa

• Enigma
« Reply #14 on: August 18, 2016, 08:56:09 PM »
And you can dump on him for all I care.  I do not believe presidency is the only yard stick for success in this world. Even Idi Amin was president-just to mention a few.

You can attribute the sun shinning to Raila for all I care. Clearly Raila didn't do all that. Many kenyans are in the continous struggle to make Kenya a better place. From all sides.
"I have done my job and I will not change anything dead or a live" Malonza

Offline Georgesoros

• Enigma
« Reply #15 on: August 19, 2016, 06:17:30 AM »
Except that we have to send innocent commissioners home with 200M golden handshake and replace them with exactly another crop of kenyans.

http://www.nation.co.ke/news/politics/New-polls-team-to-be-in-office-by-end-of-September/1064-3347260-a7m1p/index.html
Nothing changes. EACC has gone thru the same since inception. Millions lost when contracts are broken.

Offline Omollo

• Enigma
  • http://www.omollosview.com
    • Omollosview
« Reply #16 on: August 19, 2016, 08:23:55 AM »
Could you list the underwhelming demands and contrast them against what CORD initially demanded. Id you can't do that then you are either spinning to assuage Ruto's ulcers or never understood what it was all about from the very beginning and are now just learning that you believed propaganda.

At no time did CORD want anymore than changes to the IEBC that would see free and fair elections. CORD never sought advantages for itself and certainly not for any other party.

Ruto went around claiming that Raila wanted to take away his (Ruto's) Nusu Mkate (which has turned in to Robo Mkate anyway).

I see you are shocked that CORD agreed to lock out defectors. Perhaps CORD knows its the Jubilee MPs who will throw it out of parliament and deny Jubilee the opportunity. Why should CORD stand in the way of a burning Jubilee.

Isaac is being paid all the money and dues till 2017 nov.I don't know what he has "LOST". The guy is working out of this with clean record and lots of money. They are going to beg him to leave. Maybe we have different criteria for failure.I see CORD here being the biggest failure.  Just like with OKOA. They hadn't thought through this. They were just keeping themselves busy. There was no end-game. Just lots of drama. Nothing fundamental.

In fact the way I see...Jubilee now as  monolithic KANU like party...just sneaked in their agenda in this agenda less CORD talks....and will make it hard for defectors to move around. CORD have accepted this...despite not being a party and having all these many affliates.... senility has set in on Raila and like Moi...he need to bow out.

The fact that talks were concluded in lightening speed without as much controversty tells you that CORD brought underwhelming demands.

And this after all investment in OKOA and DEMOS. If CORD get beaten by 60% next year; they should consider themselves very lucky. My rough MOAS is swinging to 65%.

... [the ICC case] will be tried in Europe, where due procedure and expertise prevail.; ... Second-guessing Ocampo and fantasizing ..has obviously become a national pastime.- NattyDread

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #17 on: August 19, 2016, 10:05:53 AM »
I read somewhere Mbadi (ODM chair) and Nyanza Mps are livid of the "deal". They want a fresh register. I see that results will be transmitted live from polling station ( Wasn't this already done?). The only real change that I'm seeing here is that 14 day part list to IEBC that would prevent party hopping.
Could you list the underwhelming demands and contrast them against what CORD initially demanded. Id you can't do that then you are either spinning to assuage Ruto's ulcers or never understood what it was all about from the very beginning and are now just learning that you believed propaganda.

At no time did CORD want anymore than changes to the IEBC that would see free and fair elections. CORD never sought advantages for itself and certainly not for any other party.

Ruto went around claiming that Raila wanted to take away his (Ruto's) Nusu Mkate (which has turned in to Robo Mkate anyway).

I see you are shocked that CORD agreed to lock out defectors. Perhaps CORD knows its the Jubilee MPs who will throw it out of parliament and deny Jubilee the opportunity. Why should CORD stand in the way of a burning Jubilee.

Offline Omollo

• Enigma
  • http://www.omollosview.com
    • Omollosview
« Reply #18 on: August 19, 2016, 05:19:20 PM »
I guess I will just have to post the entire deal so you don't speculate.

Of course we did not get an ideal situation. Like the IPPG, these are minimum reforms. The real reforms will come when we have power and set up a really independent IEBC.

1. We shall merge the Registration of persons, Passport office, Driving License issuer and the Voter register (Proper titles not used)
2. We shall allow the IEBC to issue own ID cards which will be as good as National ID
3. Private firms (especially banks)which can issue electronic / digital IDs for use in banks could also be used

These are among the proposals not feasible now but will be when we launch a proper digital revolution in Kenya not a PR digital campaign.
I read somewhere Mbadi (ODM chair) and Nyanza Mps are livid of the "deal". They want a fresh register. I see that results will be transmitted live from polling station ( Wasn't this already done?). The only real change that I'm seeing here is that 14 day part list to IEBC that would prevent party hopping.
... [the ICC case] will be tried in Europe, where due procedure and expertise prevail.; ... Second-guessing Ocampo and fantasizing ..has obviously become a national pastime.- NattyDread

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #19 on: August 19, 2016, 05:24:38 PM »
Raila is a bad negotiator. The endgame of all the demos was just getting a dialogue. This is now very clear. I see CORD appendix (civil society) are also crying foul. I ask one again - what was the endgame? I don't see any change! Some a reputable firm will clean the register - big deal - I think the register is pretty clean.

The biggest winner here are Jubilee and Kenyans..IEBC after CORD endless throwing of mud and chickengate were damaged goods and needed to go..and this talks may give us the same body with confidence of everyone..CORD cannot cry foul when they get a drubbing of their life next year.

Those like me that believe IEBC didn't rig the last election couldn't be any happier.

I guess I will just have to post the entire deal so you don't speculate.

Of course we did not get an ideal situation. Like the IPPG, these are minimum reforms. The real reforms will come when we have power and set up a really independent IEBC.

1. We shall merge the Registration of persons, Passport office, Driving License issuer and the Voter register (Proper titles not used)
2. We shall allow the IEBC to issue own ID cards which will be as good as National ID
3. Private firms (especially banks)which can issue electronic / digital IDs for use in banks could also be used

These are among the proposals not feasible now but will be when we launch a proper digital revolution in Kenya not a PR digital campaign.