Author Topic: 65% of Kenyans Want Raila to Stay in Politics  (Read 2078 times)

Offline Simanova

• VIP
  • Enigma
65% of Kenyans Want Raila to Stay in Politics
« on: August 04, 2016, 01:20:16 PM »
While 35% want him to quit. Of the 35% a whooping 60% are Jubilee supporters.

I see no reason why Wolf should be vilified for such good news for us.

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
Re: 65% of Kenyans Want Raila to Stay in Politics
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2016, 02:02:06 PM »
I want Raila to stay politically active because:

1. keep Jubilee on their toes. I see no mega-stadia, combined harvesters, etc promised by Jubilee
2. shout about Jubilee's corruption - Eurobond, NYS, EACC mess, etc
3. make crybaby small fish like Ababu fight their way up instead of whining about their "turn"
4. Raila will not win anyway - at least his competition is good sport. See point 1 above

I desire to go to hell and not to heaven. In the former place I shall enjoy the company of popes, kings, and princes, while in the latter are only beggars, monks, and apostles. ~ Niccolo Machiavelli on his deathbed, June 1527

Offline Simanova

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2016, 02:29:27 PM »
Prepare for either shock (like Pundit and the rest) or joy because President Raila Amolo Odinga is real.

I want Raila to stay politically active because:

1. keep Jubilee on their toes. I see no mega-stadia, combined harvesters, etc promised by Jubilee
2. shout about Jubilee's corruption - Eurobond, NYS, EACC mess, etc
3. make crybaby small fish like Ababu fight their way up instead of whining about their "turn"
4. Raila will not win anyway - at least his competition is good sport. See point 1 above

Offline Georgesoros

• Enigma
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2016, 03:49:37 PM »
He can be effective even on the outside. Doesnt have to be president.

Offline Empedocles

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2016, 10:20:58 PM »
Prepare for either shock (like Pundit and the rest) or joy because President Raila Amolo Odinga is real.

And what if he gets legitimately thrashed due to poor strategy on his part?

Will you acknowledge it?

Offline Georgesoros

• Enigma
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2016, 11:57:59 PM »
In all due respect Raila has not displayed elective leadership as an opposition leader. With corruption, ineffective judiciary, ineptitude, poor educational standards. An ineffective parliament are some of the things he should have been holding weekly press conferences about. Waiting till the last minute to run around gathering votes is not effective.

Offline Simanova

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2016, 12:38:16 AM »
I can only say you have not been paying attention.

Who blew the whistle on the NYS scandal and saw demonstrations sponsored by Waiguru and led by MPs and mama mbogas against him if not Raila?

Who is on the Eurobond case? Did not Raila demand a meeting with the CBK governor which was turned down with questions remaining unanswered? I think on corruption there is nobody in Kenya today that can question or beat his record.

Raila is NOT in parliament. There is a Minority Leader for the National Assembly and another for the Senate. Both have been performing their jobs amid a massive paid blackout from the Compromised Media. Both leaders have articulated their views on the various scandals that have hit Jubilee. Again I assume you have not been paying attention.

Is not Raila the leader of the Kenyans that sought reform through OKOA Kenya which Hassan rigged claiming the signatures are fake without showing us the repository of signatures he compared the Referendum signatures to? That having failed, he turned to the People of Kenya who are the owners of sovereignty to seek the ouster of the IEBC - something that is nearly in the box?

I think you are being grossly unfair especially when you ignore the fact that Jubilee and its media allies seek to prescribe to the Opposition and Raila how to oppose them. For Raila they simply want him out of the way.

Note also that the massive bribery of opposition MPs with money, jobs and tenders has decimated the ranks and forced many of them off the grid. We have turncoats like Mungaro, Mwashetani, Ababu and Rege etc who earn their upkeep from wrecking the opposition. When a president bribes the Deputy Chief Whip of the opposition to defect it should lead to impeachment but not with Jubilee voting machines dominating Parliament.

We have governors like Mutua who defected and see nothing wrong with violating the mandate granted to them by voters.
In all due respect Raila has not displayed elective leadership as an opposition leader. With corruption, ineffective judiciary, ineptitude, poor educational standards. An ineffective parliament are some of the things he should have been holding weekly press conferences about. Waiting till the last minute to run around gathering votes is not effective.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2016, 10:28:53 AM »
Legitimate question. Raila is essentially competing with younger generation. He has been there and done that. It is time he considered retiring.

Offline Kichwa

• Enigma
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2016, 03:50:55 PM »
I think Kenyans are now ready to appreciate an experienced and mature presidency after witnessing inexperience and utoto since 2013. Youth, foolhardy and inexperience  has always been qualities preferred for warriors and soldiers under mature leadership and not in the presidency of any serious country.  Only in Kenya do people cheer inexperienced, childish leaders. They know most Kenyans would prefer mature and experienced leadership and that is why the constant polls to brainwash and to rubbish commonsense and wisdom.
"I have done my job and I will not change anything dead or a live" Malonza

Offline Empedocles

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2016, 09:14:41 AM »
Mutahi Ngunyi...sorry...Professor Mutahi Ngunyi has a way to retire Raila.  :D :D :D :D

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2016, 07:58:48 PM »
I don't think he has it in him to call it a day.  Even if 100% of Kenyans wanted.  To be fair, he is the only counter balance to a thoroughly criminal element in power.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2016, 08:41:31 PM »
I don't think he has it in him to call it a day.  Even if 100% of Kenyans wanted.  To be fair, he is the only counter balance to a thoroughly criminal element in power.

Why would he call it quits? It's up to the young turks and voters to unseat him. No free lunch... nature of the beast. I see noone nearly up to the task.

I desire to go to hell and not to heaven. In the former place I shall enjoy the company of popes, kings, and princes, while in the latter are only beggars, monks, and apostles. ~ Niccolo Machiavelli on his deathbed, June 1527

Offline Simanova

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2016, 10:48:14 AM »
It has become so cheap to be a Professor in Kenya it no longer matters. It now resembles the corrupt promotions in the civil service. As of today, I cannot think of any greater stigma than to be a "professor" in a Kenyan university.

Mutahi Ngunyi...sorry...Professor Mutahi Ngunyi has a way to retire Raila.  :D :D :D :D

Offline Simanova

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2016, 11:50:32 AM »
Mutua is copying the Uhuru Ruto script. Is it not illegal to peddle such crap as opinion polls? A landmark ruling was delivered in UK where a labour MP had to lose her seat when her opponent proved that she told lies to the electorate: