Author Topic: The Real Tyranny of Numbers  (Read 4809 times)

Offline Simanova

• VIP
  • Enigma
The Real Tyranny of Numbers
« on: August 01, 2016, 02:18:35 PM »

Offline Simanova

• VIP
  • Enigma
Re: The Real Tyranny of Numbers
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2016, 04:45:31 PM »
And here is confirmation that the so called defections and support for Jubilee arising from "revolt" in CORD is State Sponsored.

Remember he is another political reject finding a way through betrayal and undermining the interests of his own people. He lost heavily when he bribed to get an ODM ticket in a FORD K area  thus almost compromising CORD in Trans Nzoia. Jubilee is welcome to him anytime. I see they have cleared the way for him by sending Eunice ona wild goose chase in Nairobi:

Offline Simanova

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2016, 04:59:39 PM »
Here you can see Jubilee is cornered. They can't find a cohesive explanation why they are against announcing binding Presidential Election results at the polling station. They now claim that would lead to violence:

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2016, 05:28:20 PM »
Here you can see Jubilee is cornered. They can't find a cohesive explanation why they are against announcing binding Presidential Election results at the polling station. They now claim that would lead to violence:

It would only lead to violence if the overall tally does not correspond to what was announced at the polling stations.  But that is the whole point.  Right?

Until we get the basic elections right, I am highly skeptical of tyranny of numbers theories.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline Pajero

• Enigma
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2016, 05:30:32 PM »
CORD has the numbers only if their supporters come out and vote and IEBC does not rig.They have to insist on presidential results being announced at the polling stations and live screening of election results by media houses.

Offline Simanova

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2016, 05:39:29 PM »
This is where Jubilee comes out in its true colors.

1. They are against polling station results
2. They are against Wananchi staying at polling stations until the results are announced and transmitted in their presence
3. They are against the list of published at every polling station and the National register accessible at least three months to election and throughout the election
4. They do not want a paper trail for all electronic activity
5. They do not want a stipulation that persons not identified electronically cannot vote
6. Are against the use of other ID cards
CORD has the numbers only if their supporters come out and vote and IEBC does not rig.They have to insist on presidential results being announced at the polling stations and live screening of election results by media houses.

• Enigma
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2016, 06:47:44 PM »
This rarely seems to concern Kenyans, but I believe IEBC should also be periodically reviewing constituency boundaries.  To maintain a level of equality of the vote.  What is their strategy?
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline MOON Ki

• Enigma
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2016, 07:06:47 PM »
Simanova:

What are those numbers, and where do they come from?
MOON Ki  is  Muli Otieno Otiende Njoroge arap Kiprotich
Your True Friend, Brother,  and  Compatriot.

• Enigma
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2016, 07:45:25 PM »
Simanova:

If I hazard a guess, it's one of those numbers each side seems to have access to.  Pro-tyranny or pro-rigging.  Coincidentally agreeing with whatever narrative is out there. 

I don't buy the CORD nor the Jubilant line simply because neither are trustworthy.  It doesn't help that IEBC itself doesn't seem to have a handle on the numbers. 

It's a mess that those responsible have shown little interest in quelling.

Harriet Tubman

Offline Empedocles

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2016, 08:35:00 PM »
Simanova:

These numbers have been circulating for months on FB and other social media.

Looked for the source and, not surprisingly, didn't find it.

Doubt that anybody knows where they came from.

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2016, 08:42:56 PM »
These numbers would only occur with Nithi-style turnout. They are voodoo. If only they were real.
I desire to go to hell and not to heaven. In the former place I shall enjoy the company of popes, kings, and princes, while in the latter are only beggars, monks, and apostles. ~ Niccolo Machiavelli on his deathbed, June 1527

Offline Simanova

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2016, 10:53:20 PM »
Simanova:

From the corrupted IEBC register of 2013

Offline Simanova

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #12 on: August 01, 2016, 10:55:46 PM »
These numbers would only occur with Nithi-style turnout. They are voodoo. If only they were real.
Which areas do you know for a fact cannot produce the "Nithi-style" voting pattern. The idea of the tyranny of numbers is based on registered voters. Mutahi Ngunyi spread the propaganda and it was swallowed whole by the media. He has since been asked to explain it and has bulked. It was a lie from the start.

Offline MOON Ki

• Enigma
« Reply #13 on: August 01, 2016, 11:23:26 PM »

If I were you, I'd be focusing on the numbers for next year.     What do those look like?

[Ngunyi Tyranny] It was a lie from the start.

What did CORD do at the time to counter the "lie"?   It all seems a bit late now.

Offline Simanova

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #14 on: August 01, 2016, 11:26:42 PM »
You might be aware that the IEBC as currently constituted is a gang of fraudsters. I need not explain why we will concentrate on figures by a new commission.

If I were you, I'd be focusing on the numbers for next year.     What do those look like?

Offline MOON Ki

• Enigma
« Reply #15 on: August 01, 2016, 11:30:48 PM »
You might be aware that the IEBC as currently constituted is a gang of fraudsters. I need not explain why we will concentrate on figures by a new commission.

It's been 4+ years since the last elections.    Did the commissioners suddenly become fraudsters, or did CORD just now realize that they are fraudsters?

People have already registered for 2017.   What do those current numbers look like, regardless of whether the commissioners are fraudsters?      And how will changing the IEBC affect those numbers? 

Offline Higgins the genius

• VIP
  • Superstar
« Reply #16 on: August 01, 2016, 11:42:11 PM »

This is BS!  Central alone was 2.9m.. Eastern is 50-50! Three ukambani counties countered by Embu,  Meru and Tharaka,  Isiolo and Marsabit 50-50!

Nairobi is 50-50!

Now compute again

Offline MOON Ki

• Enigma
« Reply #17 on: August 01, 2016, 11:56:49 PM »

Red: Wouldn't that just encourage another variation on ballot-stuffing?  There are several other reasons why this is a bad idea, especially in a place like Kenya, and I am astonished that anyone serious would propose it.

• Enigma
« Reply #18 on: August 02, 2016, 12:07:32 AM »

Red: Wouldn't that just encourage another variation on ballot-stuffing?  There are several other reasons why this is a bad idea, especially in a place like Kenya, and I am astonished that anyone serious would propose it.

TBH I don't know how this would be enforced.  But the idea itself, I think it's a reasonable one.  The authoritative result should at the polling station.  That was in fact the rationale behind electronic transmission of the results.  Minimize or eliminate chances of altering results; except that it simply never got to work, whether by design or accident.

It may not prevent ballot stuffing.  But that is something EVID ought to eliminate.  Again, EVID, by design or accident, never got to see the light of day.

Harriet Tubman

Offline Simanova

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #19 on: August 02, 2016, 12:13:23 AM »
It is a well proven anti-rigging method. For starters there iare thousands of these polling stations as opposed to one so called "tallying center". To stuff ballots one would need to transport them and this apart from being a huge and logistical nightmare would be easy to detect and stop.

Mexico ended the 100 years' of Institutional Party rigging through this method.

I am all ears ready to listen to the many reasons against it. For instance Khalwale recounts an incident in Kakamega where the polling officer refused to transmit genuine results and only did so late at night after getting the figures to transmit from the IEBC.  This and many other incidents were contained in the affidavit the Supreme Court threw out. Needless to add that the figures she transmitted were highly inflated. This would not have happened if the results were read at the station in public view. The riots referred to can now be placed in the right context whereby citizen protest the tinkling with genuine results.

Plus why is it the results come to Nairobi three days after fact. I would propose some sanctions against officials who fail to announce the results within an hour of completing the counting aware that most stations have just about 2000 voters.