Author Topic: CCM - Chama Cha Mashinani Expanding  (Read 4536 times)

Offline Simanova

• VIP
  • Enigma
CCM - Chama Cha Mashinani Expanding
« on: July 23, 2016, 09:55:48 PM »

Offline Simanova

• VIP
  • Enigma
Re: CCM - Chama Cha Mashinani Expanding
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2016, 04:48:02 PM »
Ruto expands his party

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2016, 05:06:35 PM »
There used to be this saying a picture is worth a thousand words.  Simanova is threatening to turn it upside down inside out.  :)

While the pictures are interesting.  A commentary about what's going on wouldn't hurt.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline Simanova

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2016, 06:30:47 PM »
Ruto has been expanding his party. I think he landed in Kuresoi with Zakayo Cheruiyot, Johana Ng'eno and many MCAs.

The thing with small parties is that before you know it, they have inflicted maximum damage. I am sure Jubilee has ignored Isaac as has the media. Both are focused on ODM and how they can divide CORD. They believe that is how they retain power.

The entry of Mashinani could cut their votes seriously and relegate Uhuru to second position occasioning a runoff. Which is why I am paying attention to Isaac. All he needs to do to damage Uhuru and land a seat at the table of CORD or Jubilee is destroy like 600K votes.

It is possible. I will return to demonstrate how he can do it.

There used to be this saying a picture is worth a thousand words.  Simanova is threatening to turn it upside down inside out.  :)

While the pictures are interesting.  A commentary about what's going on wouldn't hurt.

Offline yulemsee

• VIP
  • Superstar
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2016, 08:41:23 PM »
Will Mashinani field a presidential candidate, if they don't they can win all the mca, mp, women Rep seats from here to Timbuktu but the same voters would then vote for Uhuruto in the presidential race. And if they do, will that candidate have enough clout to swing 600k votes away from uhuruto

Offline Simanova

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2016, 11:31:00 PM »
YM

What makes you sure they will vote for Uhuru yet the reason they are leaving is exactly that Jubilee with William Ruto in? Kindly share your logic.

Offline Georgesoros

• Enigma
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2016, 01:04:38 PM »
It's an anti Ruto pro decentralization of power party.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2016, 01:11:01 PM »
It a party designed for those that know won't make it in nomination under Jubilee.

Offline Simanova

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2016, 02:59:30 PM »
The way I see it, ignore Isaac at your own peril. He's found a niche in Kalenjin discontent with Jubilee and is exploiting it. He's appealing to Kalenjin nationalism and it seems to be catching on. Once he has set up base in Kipsigis (Bomet and Kericho) I see him crossing to Keiyo / Marakwet. May be an alliance with Biwott is not ruled out.

He then descends on Nandi through Tugen areas and knocks out WSR.

It a party designed for those that know won't make it in nomination under Jubilee.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2016, 03:04:21 PM »
He is wasting bomet county money in his deluded political show. The fool has NOTHING to show for 15B shs that Bomet has received. Meanwhile UhuRuto have about 100kms of new tarmac in Bomet, Bomet university, medical equipment of 2 hospitals, electrification, free maternity, laptops for kids and several other goodies. If this was Dr Mutua of Machakos - with tangible development record - maybe people will listen to his mashinani. But this is a fool who is using county money to campaign and he'll still be beaten like a luhya isukuti drum.Kericho county governor who has done a fair job has abandon this fool - and now he is left with two confused Mps.Do politics all day but more importantly deliver something - WSR record for the last 4 yrs compared to Isaac is as dark and night. Kalenjin are not about to be like Luos whom Raila have taken for a ride for generations.

Offline Simanova

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2016, 03:09:01 PM »
You do know that quite a number of people including MPs and senators will lose nominations in Jubilee. Some  - lets face the truth about our country - will be rigged out. WSR has already sought to plug KANU so that it is not an avenue for such elements.

That is where Mashinani comes in. It will be independent so the "CORD" label will not stick.

I say this guy will give you a nasty headache
He is wasting bomet county money in his deluded political show. The fool has NOTHING to show for 15B shs that Bomet has received. Meanwhile UhuRuto have about 100kms of new tarmac, Bomet university, medical equipment of 2 hospitals, electrification, free maternity, laptops for kids and several other goodies. If this was Dr Mutua of Machakos - with tangible development record - maybe people will listen to his mashinani. But this is a fool who is using county money to campaign and he'll still be beaten like a luhya isukuti drum.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2016, 03:17:10 PM »
He is giving me headache coz he is spending our county money busing and paying fools to attend his rallies. He was deflated in Kericho senate election and has now restricted himself to Bomet. Thankfully we are just waiting to make Dr Joyce Labose the governor. I don't think he can give WSR headache - he is nothing compared to Mois, Biwotts, Kosgeys, Franklin and others who had some development record to speak of. The guy is panicked because he has done zero for Bomet and Mashinani will not be touched by 10 feet by any Kalenjin. He is claiming Mashinani will back Uhuru for PORK but not Ruto. If people get rigged out -- they will resort to running in other JAP friendly parties - or as independent - although to be honest --very few will make it outside Jubilee.

You do know that quite a number of people including MPs and senators will lose nominations in Jubilee. Some  - lets face the truth about our country - will be rigged out. WSR has already sought to plug KANU so that it is not an avenue for such elements.

That is where Mashinani comes in. It will be independent so the "CORD" label will not stick.

I say this guy will give you a nasty headache

Offline Kichwa

• Enigma
« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2016, 08:53:43 PM »
There is something going on in Kenya about democracy that is interesting to watch because its developing naturally and becoming uniquely Kenyan.  It started a long time ago when the liberation forces came together to defeat Kanu.  We then had Kanu and NDP and then NARC which finally ousted KANU from power.  After that it has been one coalition after the other and any attempt to have big political parties have failed.  Raila tried to get everyone to join one party in 2007 to get rid of Kibaki and that led to the decision or the excuse  by Uhuru and Kalonzo to leave.  In 2013 there was no attempt to have everyone belong to one party but instead we managed to form two major umbrella political coalitions, CORD and Jubilee.  I think this is the future of Kenya's democracy.  Its going to be like Israel. There will be many small political parties who are fiercely independent but ready to form a ruling coalition either before or after the elections. This is why I think JAP is a bad idea and will not work.  The era of big political parties is over.  The trend seems to be towards small parties who do not really require internal democracy.  I think ODM should break up and let people like Ababu form their own  political parties and then when the time for election, comes, try to form a coalition with them. Maintaining major political parties like ODM is becoming to expensive and too much hard work to hold together.  Ruto will realize that he cannot hold JAP together once Uhuru is nolonger president and therefore all these money, and political capital spent putting it together is a waste of time.  This is the era of small parties and I think Rutto is on the right track with his CCM.
"I have done my job and I will not change anything dead or a live" Malonza

Offline Simanova

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #13 on: July 28, 2016, 01:46:10 AM »
Apart from Moi and Raila no politician has been able to manage one big party. We all saw how Uhuru mismanaged KANU eventually dumping it and running for a briefcase party.

Ruto formed URP. Almost five years to the day, there is nothing to show for it. No officials no elections and no party. Just a name. He's now killing it to start yet another briefcase outfit called JAP.

Kenyans like all democratic minded people know the value of political parties. <they also know briefcase parties whose aim is to be a Mbus to elected office. That is why Kenyans identify with ODM. Others are finding new parties like Mashinani. Anything that resembles a legitimate and functioning party

I in no way ignore the strength of JAP. It has the provincial administration and NSI as the backbone. They will help it organize and rig nominations in accordance with money flow and instructions from State House and Ruto. But by 2022 members (=Kikuyus and Kalenjins) would have found new vehicles. I am not even sure Ruto will run along with Uhuru in 2017. We listen to what he tells his confidants and wonder.

Namwamba is not sure if he has left ODM. He knows its suicide and even he would shake at the suggestion of political harakiri. MPs are looking for money to finance campaigns. Hence none has publicly declared defection apart from Mung'aro who is lining up his pockets to finance his lavish debauchery in tourist hotels amid calling press conferences to say how the Coast is getting more and more jubilee. Few outside wishful-thinking Jubilee adherents listen to his drunken rants or take them seriously anymore (apart from Eurobond journalists)
There is something going on in Kenya about democracy that is interesting to watch because its developing naturally and becoming uniquely Kenyan.  It started a long time ago when the liberation forces came together to defeat Kanu.  We then had Kanu and NDP and then NARC which finally ousted KANU from power.  After that it has been one coalition after the other and any attempt to have big political parties have failed.  Raila tried to get everyone to join one party in 2007 to get rid of Kibaki and that led to the decision or the excuse  by Uhuru and Kalonzo to leave.  In 2013 there was no attempt to have everyone belong to one party but instead we managed to form two major umbrella political coalitions, CORD and Jubilee.  I think this is the future of Kenya's democracy.  Its going to be like Israel. There will be many small political parties who are fiercely independent but ready to form a ruling coalition either before or after the elections. This is why I think JAP is a bad idea and will not work.  The era of big political parties is over.  The trend seems to be towards small parties who do not really require internal democracy.  I think ODM should break up and let people like Ababu form their own  political parties and then when the time for election, comes, try to form a coalition with them. Maintaining major political parties like ODM is becoming to expensive and too much hard work to hold together.  Ruto will realize that he cannot hold JAP together once Uhuru is nolonger president and therefore all these money, and political capital spent putting it together is a waste of time.  This is the era of small parties and I think Rutto is on the right track with his CCM.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #14 on: July 28, 2016, 08:18:45 AM »
I think parties in kenya are just a tool or a strategy. Raila and Ruto want to have strong parties for their own strategy. Raila want strong ODM so he can negotiate from position of strength with CORD partners or even stake a ran on his own & come 2nd. Ruto is looking at 2022 and he wants a united party. The former pro-ODM fellows who think Raila will not win or will not ran fair nomination want to form parties they can negotiate post-election deal with the winner - this is true for coast, gusii and western brigage. Then you have Munya & Isaac who are afraid of Jubilee nomination and wants their own parties.

Offline Kichwa

• Enigma
« Reply #15 on: July 28, 2016, 12:14:56 PM »
That is exactly my point.  The political parties are for negotiations but do not have to big enough to win national elections on their own.  When one tries to form political parties big enough to win National elections one is bound to fail.  Ruto's URP was good enough for Ruto and Raila should let ODM shrink a little bit so that its manageable.  Its going to happen anyway.  There is really no need to have a big political party, just big enough so that one can use it to form a coalition with smaller political parties without the responsibility and the headache of managing a huge unworkable national political party.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #16 on: July 28, 2016, 12:51:25 PM »
Yeah having a national party is an illusion in a country where ethnicity drives politics. The future of kenya is small tribal or regional parties forming coalition to form gov.
That is exactly my point.  The political parties are for negotiations but do not have to big enough to win national elections on their own.  When one tries to form political parties big enough to win National elections one is bound to fail.  Ruto's URP was good enough for Ruto and Raila should let ODM shrink a little bit so that its manageable.  Its going to happen anyway.  There is really no need to have a big political party, just big enough so that one can use it to form a coalition with smaller political parties without the responsibility and the headache of managing a huge unworkable national political party.

Offline Kichwa

• Enigma
« Reply #17 on: July 30, 2016, 03:11:59 PM »
My advise to ODM is to focus more on the internal democracy to retain strong candidates in the "main party", instead of trying to expand the party.  To retain national progressive voters outside its stronghold, it should  encourage the formation of  subsidiary friendly political parties to absorb those who progressive but are not happy with the party  or are defeated in the ODM primaries.  So long as the political parties are all progressive members of CORD, there is really no need to fight them.  Ababu can form his own small briefcase political party if he wants so long us he understand that if he affiliates with JAP then he will loose his seat.

Ruto should have done the same with URP instead of breaking it up to form humongous unmanageable political party.   

Offline Simanova

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #18 on: August 04, 2016, 09:31:31 PM »
Ruto's big mistake is to dissolve URP and join TNA (which is what JAP is). He has inadvertently created an opportunity for KANU and CCM.

Unlike Pundit, I see CCM sweeping seats in Kipsigis and Maasai areas especially Narok. They may get an odd seat here and there in Nandi areas but the area to watch is Baringo, Elgeyo Marakwet where CCM will fill a huge vacuum left by the ineptitude of KANU

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #19 on: August 05, 2016, 10:15:32 AM »
Dream on. Ruto is on the verge on unveiling kenyan's biggest ever party since KANU of the 80s and someone is running around with some dead on arrival party - like other unpopular governors fearing Jubilee nomination are forming left and right.

There is time for everything. Ruto already decoupled Kalenjin from ODM and consolidated them in URP. Why click to it? It time for Ruto to go national and he can only do that as party leader of Jubilee.

Why don't you advice Raila to go back to NDP?

Ruto's big mistake is to dissolve URP and join TNA (which is what JAP is). He has inadvertently created an opportunity for KANU and CCM.

Unlike Pundit, I see CCM sweeping seats in Kipsigis and Maasai areas especially Narok. They may get an odd seat here and there in Nandi areas but the area to watch is Baringo, Elgeyo Marakwet where CCM will fill a huge vacuum left by the ineptitude of KANU