Author Topic: ODM in Busia - Budalangi  (Read 4688 times)

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
Re: ODM in Busia - Budalangi
« Reply #40 on: July 20, 2016, 06:32:03 PM »
ODM is offspring of KANU - minus NDP. The problem I see with old parties is that it prevent new alliance. Some people have invested too much hate into it. I don't see how Kalenjin would have supported Uhuru in PNU. There are people who have a problem supporting ODM in places like western, gusii, eastern and even central. Starting a new party is way to reset the button.
Parties can renew themselves. KANU had a chance to renew itself and pose real competition to NARC / PNU but thanks to inept Uhuru, It lost it.

The Labour Party (UK) lost successive elections but in 1997 won one of the largest victories ever after it renewed itself.

Pundit wants to tell me that Ruto forming another party means he becomes a different person from the one we know? Let's face it ODM has one attraction and that is Raila Odinga. We need him.

As for a CORD Party, it is also possible to merge Wiper and FORD K in to ODM. However that would be wrong. We need more parties not fewer. FORD Kenya has a clear identity that need to remain. Wiper is the former ODM-K.  ALL those parties (ODM, ODM-K and FORD-K) are offsprings of FORD.

I pass my condolences to JAP or Jubilee. I will be watching as it disintegrates after the 2017 defeat. Without County Commissioners and NSI money there is no such thing as Jubilee. Hence they sell Uhuru - who by the way their paid Mzungu says he is the most popular politician in Western. Soon he will be more popular in Nyanza too. Raila is selling his party. Ruto sells government projects as part of the campaign.

Offline Simanova

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #41 on: July 20, 2016, 06:50:12 PM »
Governor Hassan Joho ?@HassanAliJoho  now1 minute ago
In ODM we stand for ideology. ODM brings all Kenyans together under the umbrella of Social Democracy.

Offline Simanova

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #42 on: July 20, 2016, 06:58:03 PM »
You can go further back in time and say ALMOST all political parties came from KANU. Yes Ruto and Raila came from KANU but Raila had emerged from NDP which had broken from FORD Kenya.

My experience is that people dislike certain individuals in those parties. I can tell you for free that there are many of us who walked out of KANU in 2002 when MaDVD turned up. We would later walk out of ODM (before you actually) when Raila brought him in to be VP. I returned after he left (as I expected). If he comes back you will see me move out. There is nothing you can do to convince me otherwise. The man lacks any principles and has no bearings. He just wants people to give him things and wants to be president so he can make more money.

No I do not think we should start new parties. Uhuru has done Kenya a great disservice by destroying the Political Parties Act just so he can easily poach MPs. That is what kills parties. He should have done the opposite and left the law intact for some time, until Kenyans are of "age" when such things would be frowned upon as it is in decent democracies.
ODM is offspring of KANU - minus NDP. The problem I see with old parties is that it prevent new alliance. Some people have invested too much hate into it. I don't see how Kalenjin would have supported Uhuru in PNU. There are people who have a problem supporting ODM in places like western, gusii, eastern and even central. Starting a new party is way to reset the button.
Parties can renew themselves. KANU had a chance to renew itself and pose real competition to NARC / PNU but thanks to inept Uhuru, It lost it.

The Labour Party (UK) lost successive elections but in 1997 won one of the largest victories ever after it renewed itself.

Pundit wants to tell me that Ruto forming another party means he becomes a different person from the one we know? Let's face it ODM has one attraction and that is Raila Odinga. We need him.

As for a CORD Party, it is also possible to merge Wiper and FORD K in to ODM. However that would be wrong. We need more parties not fewer. FORD Kenya has a clear identity that need to remain. Wiper is the former ODM-K.  ALL those parties (ODM, ODM-K and FORD-K) are offsprings of FORD.

I pass my condolences to JAP or Jubilee. I will be watching as it disintegrates after the 2017 defeat. Without County Commissioners and NSI money there is no such thing as Jubilee. Hence they sell Uhuru - who by the way their paid Mzungu says he is the most popular politician in Western. Soon he will be more popular in Nyanza too. Raila is selling his party. Ruto sells government projects as part of the campaign.

Offline Simanova

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #43 on: July 20, 2016, 08:56:26 PM »

Offline Simanova

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #44 on: July 20, 2016, 09:13:07 PM »

Offline Simanova

• VIP