Author Topic: Pundit, Explain Fazul to Me  (Read 1973 times)

Offline Simanova

• VIP
  • Enigma
Pundit, Explain Fazul to Me
« on: July 20, 2016, 12:02:16 PM »
I need to know upon what basis Fazul remains hired despite having no academic qualifications for the job as well as having criminally uttered forged documents.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
Re: Pundit, Explain Fazul to Me
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2016, 12:04:57 PM »
I don't know who hired him and who should fire him. He looks like a crook to me. Maybe he is under protection of Gen Ali - who seem to be the chair?

Offline Simanova

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2016, 12:24:20 PM »
These are the traps and snares of being in government. Small things that give the appearance of defying the people. He presents himself as a Jubilee man and therefore is seen as acting at the behest of the highest office in the land.

Anyway, he's your guy. When we take power in 2017 he will be in my cross hairs once the dust has settled. :D
I don't know who hired him and who should fire him. He looks like a crook to me. Maybe he is under protection of Gen Ali - who seem to be the chair?

Offline MOON Ki

• Enigma
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2016, 03:28:45 PM »
Anyway, he's your guy. When we take power in 2017 he will be in my cross hairs once the dust has settled. :D

Why wait until then?   If your team is serious, you'd have been in the courts by now.
MOON Ki  is  Muli Otieno Otiende Njoroge arap Kiprotich
Your True Friend, Brother,  and  Compatriot.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2016, 03:34:50 PM »
Precisely. It will take before pple realize they've got powers in their hands. I certainly don't work for gov. So Omollo giving me this guy is quite something.
Why wait until then?   If your team is serious, you'd have been in the courts by now.
e]

Offline Simanova

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2016, 03:54:12 PM »

And spoil a good campaign issue? Nah. Courts are somewhere between the first year upto year three or early fourth. We are soon starting year five. No courts. We will just highlight it. If he remains he is a perfect example of Jubilee Ills; If they drop him, we take the credit for it, and they lose.

Removing him after they lose and we take over is also done in style. Not on a day after a coup in Turkey. Not on a day when there has been a mega accident with all media houses occupied. No not on those days. You pick a good day. A quiet day. When journalists have no "news". You fire him spectacularly. Hound him from office. In full view.

Offline MOON Ki

• Enigma
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2016, 06:17:10 PM »
And spoil a good campaign issue? Nah. Courts are somewhere between the first year upto year three or early fourth. We are soon starting year five. No courts. We will just highlight it. If he remains he is a perfect example of Jubilee Ills; If they drop him, we take the credit for it, and they lose.

Removing him after they lose and we take over is also done in style. Not on a day after a coup in Turkey. Not on a day when there has been a mega accident with all media houses occupied. No not on those days. You pick a good day. A quiet day. When journalists have no "news". You fire him spectacularly. Hound him from office. In full view.

I see.   So it is all about campaign games.   Even then, the plan is faulty: A court case would take some time, during which you and your friends could milk it 24/7 (in the media you mention), and at the end you could all claim it as proof that you are genuinely fighting for the wananchi, righting wrongs, etc.     Instead, you present your side as being after no more than power and some drama once it is in power.     

Offline Simanova

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2016, 12:50:57 PM »
I see.   So it is all about campaign games.   Even then, the plan is faulty: A court case would take some time, during which you and your friends could milk it 24/7 (in the media you mention), and at the end you could all claim it as proof that you are genuinely fighting for the wananchi, righting wrongs, etc.     Instead, you present your side as being after no more than power and some drama once it is in power.   

MK

Do you really imagine Uhuru and Ruto are not aware of Fazul? Do you really think the matter has never been discussed?

There is something they want CORD to do so they can exploit it.

Offline MOON Ki

• Enigma
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2016, 03:36:58 PM »
MK

Do you really imagine Uhuru and Ruto are not aware of Fazul? Do you really think the matter has never been discussed?

None of my suggestions above depend on what Uhuru and Ruto know; but to simplify things, let us just assume that they do.

The case, as you put it, against the man seems quite straightforward.   My suggestions too are quite straightforward.  If CORD is afraid that there is something to be exploited should they act, then CORD should make less noise and gather more information.   In any case, I would encourage CORD types to try and and be more  courageous in all matters; expressing fear in small matters is not the sort of thing that will impress voters.

Your first story on how CORD plans to make hay of this one is shaky, but it is way superior to this new angle you have taken.   

This might be a good time to ask: what exactly was your goal in starting this thread and putting up all that information?

Offline Simanova

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2016, 01:29:45 AM »
MK

We are fighting a powerful enemy. Right now the goal is to alert people about their nefarious activities. It is also the time - we are aware - when a little tokenism on their part can easily sway our - there is no other word - gullible public. We know from before this is a government that looks at the Opposition's as similar to an unpaid Think Tank to help them govern. So be sure you will hear of this and other issues associated with ethnic hiring etc.

My first suggestion - a slip of the tongue really - remains; We shall bundle all of them amid maximum publicity! Fazul is among those who will assuage the usual cries of "they are finishing us" as the De-Kikuyunization swings far and deep.

We know a year or two in power they will attempt a coup or something based on their control of the military. We shall be sitting hoping they give us the opportunity to undertake a deeper purge.

That said, CORD would like to see civil service salaries and perks reduced to make public jobs less attractive. We have robust plans to strengthen the private sectior while reducing corruption in the public sector so that public jobs return to their original constitutional purpose - SERVICE not enrichment. Kenya has reached the stage and level where individuals should serve in the public service while preparing for a career outside.

One of the provisions we are pushing for is legislation to bar anybody above the retirement age from working in the civil service or other non political engagement in the State. We shall stipulate that any decisions or acts taken by such a person who knows he should have retired will make him / her personally liable. We hope this additional measure will encourage pensioners to stay away from the civil service and state jobs (call them parastatal if you like). This will open doors to youth and especially women. CORD will undertake a comprehensive mapping of the extent of perverseness of this habit of over-retirement age employees and weed them out.

Additionally, persons who have held political office shall be barred from serving in the Civil service to prevent the appearance of bias. Look at Ole Kaparo and understand what I mean.

Parallel with this as has been adumbrated  by the Party Leader, Devolution will be fully implemented. The idea is to reduce the positions now dished out to political hangers on and proteges. We shall be thorough in looking at such entities like Kenya ferry services, Kenya Forest Services even KPA etc. Where some of them cannot be fully devolved, we shall go for a joint management/ administration / ownership with the National government or State.

Ministries like Health and Devolution will largely be in charge of policy and legal affairs.

The position of County commissioner will be changed and not just the name. He will head a legal department as a kind of appeal instance on final administrative decisions of the County as far as they affect INDIVIDUAL citizens. We hope this will be backed by a robust Public Administration Act. The purpose would be to provide an administrative legal mechanism before the Courts but will not in any way denigrate the universal jurisdiction of the High court or the subordinate courts. Again this will be done on consultation with County governments as a way of getting the moribund "Provincial Administration" out of their hair.

Governors will have a role to play in Security such as declaring emergencies in cases of humanitarian disasters etc.  In short we shall implement the constitution in a manner expected by wanainchi and the framers of the Basic Law.

Sorry I veered off. But I hope you get the idea that we are preparing and are advanced in planning.
MK

None of my suggestions above depend on what Uhuru and Ruto know; but to simplify things, let us just assume that they do.

The case, as you put it, against the man seems quite straightforward.   My suggestions too are quite straightforward.  If CORD is afraid that there is something to be exploited should they act, then CORD should make less noise and gather more information.   In any case, I would encourage CORD types to try and and be more  courageous in all matters; expressing fear in small matters is not the sort of thing that will impress voters.

Your first story on how CORD plans to make hay of this one is shaky, but it is way superior to this new angle you have taken.   

This might be a good time to ask: what exactly was your goal in starting this thread and putting up all that information?