Author Topic: More on Ababu Namwamba  (Read 2860 times)

Offline Simanova

• VIP
  • Enigma
More on Ababu Namwamba
« on: July 14, 2016, 10:54:51 AM »
1. He chickened out of Jeff Koinange when he realized he will face Edwin Sifuna. JFL succumbed to pressure to allow a second person. Ababu could not accept to face opposition on live air. He chose flight
2. Jirongo has provided the real details of his so called "rebellion". He was so cheap that he allowed himself to be bought for 200 M. A SG of a leading political party cannot move on such peanuts unless he considers himself cheap. 200 M is what you pay an SG to for example stay off IEBC Demos for a day but not defect.
3. Worse he thinks he can buy a party from an old corrupt grandma like Julia for 20 Million. She knows the price of things from the Moi era. She was minister before Ababu left a testicle to become a sperm. She knows 20 M of corruption is not refundable. He actually expects Julia to refund the 20 M!
4. Ababu then thinks he can keep some of the remaining 60 million (after giving Otuoma 20 - he promptly flew to London to buy some new suits) and then buy MPs with the same.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
Re: More on Ababu Namwamba
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2016, 11:10:43 AM »
I doubt Ruto would spend 200M on non-starter like Ababu. He is worth way less.
ODM have this tabia mbaya of bad mouthing folks when they choose to leave and yet it has democracy in it's name.
Ababu was close to Ruto all the way to 2010 constitution referendum and then chicken out of No Campaign & went back to Raila & mainstream ODM leaving some of us as "rebels".
I didn't see Ruto bad-mouthing Ababu then for abandoning him. Btw 08-2010 Ruto had invested in Ababu. Yet when he left it was cordial. Uhuru and Ruto have left each other twice and yet they've remained friends.

Let Ababu be. He is free to try any idea however "stupid". If Ruto had not tried stupid ideas he won't be DPORK.

ODM have to stop this tabia mbaya of zero sum game. Ababu may change his mind and become Raila lieutenant like he did in 2010.

If Ababu want a shell party--there are so many he can buy cheaply--why pay 20M for moribund party like LPK.

Offline Empedocles

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2016, 11:23:16 AM »
ODM have this tabia mbaya of bad mouthing folks when they choose to leave and yet it has democracy in it's name.
Ababu was close to Ruto all the way to 2010 constitution referendum and then chicken out of No Campaign & went back to Raila & mainstream ODM leaving some of us as "rebels".
I didn't see Ruto bad-mouthing Ababu then for abandoning him. Btw 08-2010 Ruto had invested in Ababu. Yet when he left it was cordial. Uhuru and Ruto have left each other twice and yet they've remained friends.

Let Ababu be. He is free to try any idea however "stupid". If Ruto had not tried stupid ideas he won't be DPORK.

ODM have to stop this tabia mbaya of zero sum game. Ababu may change his mind and become Raila lieutenant like he did in 2010.

If Ababu want a shell party--there are so many he can buy cheaply--why pay 20M for moribund party like LPK.

True.

Ababu is one of the most wishy washy politicians I've ever had the displeasure of seeing.

Offline Simanova

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2016, 11:40:52 AM »
I think we are forgetting some small facts here:

1. It is Ababu Namwamba who is bad mouthing ODM. The party has chosen to ignore but members like me are responding to him
2. The attachment is clearly written by Cyrus Jirongo who is not an ODM Member. He like many Luhya Leaders - Khangati, Khalwale etc are reacting to some of the outlandish claims by Ababu which are strangely given wide and unjustified mainstream media publicity. He has claimed that he controls half of the Luhya vote and we have pro-establishment paid intellectuals writing to trumpet that while the Nation is getting multiple orgasms over the same. Ababu cannot even keep his own seat and you can count the boda boda in his rallies
3. In case you missed out, the chorus from ALL those who commented on this even when Ababu was hoodwinking us that he had not left or was breastfeeding etc was if you want to leave, kindly "Go in Peace". Nobody asked him to stay or insulted him. He then held a press conference to LIE he was firmly in ODM and as soon as he held a meeting with WSR he changed tune and started hurling insults: "Raila betrayed me"; ODM is undemocratic; Raila refused to let me keep the oDM registration certificate. Now the last one we think is the reason he came to ODM. He wanted to grab it and then sell it.

Ruto left ODM as a gentleman. When he made his attacks they were mature and in the right context. He rarely became personal (he has broken than lately). He joined or formed his own party and minded his own business. ODM responded in kind - perhaps saying such things like you were better off in ODM etc. Some louder noise may have come from those who could not stomach it. The worst I heard was traitor and that was one person.

For my part (not that I count) I steadfastly held that Raila had made a blunder by rewarding MaDVD with DPM instead of Ruto. All Kenya had seen his contribution and the number of votes and MPs was self evident. I did not relent on that and you know it.

For Ababu my approach is simple: 20 Pounds of flesh for a drop of blood. Because he has made his mission to besmirch ODM. He openly says he is out to ruin ODM not to do as Ruto - go on an perform better. We would be absolutely stupid to ignore him.

Offline Simanova

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2016, 12:23:00 PM »
Just to add that we know that Babu is a distraction. We are also sure that it is WSR behind him. We know that this is part of the following tactics:

1. Keep CORD busy chasing mirages while Uhuru remains "Presidential"
2. Drain CORD finances using by elections, court cases and the courts
3. Engineer defections and internal strife
4. Aim to get Wetangula out - dead or alive
5. Launch a hostile media campaign against CORD and present an image of a divided party

The last part involves targeting Raila personally and presenting him as "violent" and anti-Kikuyu.

Offline Simanova

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2016, 12:49:58 PM »
Political commentators high on Eurobond. What are the chances of Alfred Keter threatening Ruto in RV? Or Kiunjuri threatening Uhuru in Central? This guy wring this garbage knows. But then he was paid and has to deliver.

Offline Simanova

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2016, 12:56:46 PM »
ODM Meeting: National Executive Council in Orange House, Nairobi.

Offline Simanova

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2016, 12:59:03 PM »
Raila arrives

Offline Empedocles

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2016, 01:08:06 PM »
Just to add that we know that Babu is a distraction. We are also sure that it is WSR behind him. We know that this is part of the following tactics:

5. Launch a hostile media campaign against CORD and present an image of a divided party

The last part involves targeting Raila personally and presenting him as "violent" and anti-Kikuyu.

Well, the way you're going on and on about this, it looks like it's working quite well, wouldn't you say?

CORD has seemingly forgotten all about the IEBC, their political platform for "change", and getting their supporters ready to register (whenever that will be).

Offline Simanova

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2016, 01:23:25 PM »
On IEBC the matter is NOT forgotten unless you expected demonstrations to continue even after Jubilee agreed to talks. The talks are ongoing and we shall await the outcome.

Well, the way you're going on and on about this, it looks like it's working quite well, wouldn't you say?

CORD has seemingly forgotten all about the IEBC, their political platform for "change", and getting their supporters ready to register (whenever that will be).

Offline Simanova

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2016, 02:29:46 PM »
One More Ababu LIE: He claimed that Raila had never stepped in Budalang'i for 9 years. Well turns out he forgets what he posts on Facebook:

Offline Simanova

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2016, 02:36:37 PM »
Raila confers with Minority Whip in the National Assembly Thomas Mwadeghu on the sidelines of NEC meeting. Note that Mwadegu took this post after Gideon Mungaro like Babu used it to try to sell ODM. Like Munga'ro Ababu now claims its because ODM - the only party in Kenya to ever hold elections - is undemocratic.   

Offline Empedocles

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2016, 02:44:28 PM »
One More Ababu LIE: He claimed that Raila had never stepped in Budalang'i for 9 years. Well turns out he forgets what he posts on Facebook:

You see, this is exactly what I don't get.

Is CORD (truthfully, ODM) feeling so threatened by Ababu resignation and what it means for 2017?

Ababu has proven to be a very dishonest and completely untrustworthy person. Not a leader in any sense of the word and I imagine even Jubilee will ever trust a guy who secretly records confidential meetings.

So why is ODM still carrying him, giving him exposure?

Offline Simanova

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #13 on: July 14, 2016, 02:48:25 PM »
Senator Dr. Agnes Zani becomes acting SG of ODM, Ababu Namwamba given 7 days to formally notify the party

Offline Simanova

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #14 on: July 14, 2016, 02:51:18 PM »
Let me frank: Ababu was in ODM because of Raila. I believe Raila must be feeling very betrayed. I can place my right hand on my heart and swear I know 99% of the senior officials, MPs and even persons from Busia could not stand Namwamba. But Raila bulldozed him through

I know for a fact that Otuoma protested at being bypassed for the SG post. I also heard from Khaniri about the cabinet post. He is now trying to recruit the very people who thought he did not deserve the posts.

Now he is gone.

I am still trying to confirm that Otuoma either attended or sent apologies.
Ababu has proven to be a very dishonest and completely untrustworthy person. Not a leader in any sense of the word and I imagine even Jubilee will ever trust a guy who secretly records confidential meetings.

So why is ODM still carrying him, giving him exposure?

Offline Simanova

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2016, 05:52:29 PM »

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
« Reply #16 on: July 14, 2016, 06:48:33 PM »
I have been a bit out of touch with recent happenings in Kenyan siasa.  Even then, it is laughable that anyone takes Ababu's moves as anything with more impact than someone looking out for his stomach.  Even if one subscribes to the idea that Raila is history, Ababu might not even convince his own wife to vote against the man.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline Simanova

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #17 on: July 14, 2016, 07:02:15 PM »
The position you hold on Ababu is pretty much universal. I have ydet to meet anybody who seriously thinks otherwise.

However note that it is a combination of factors. His so called rebellion is widely covered by the media. Tendentious headlines from The Nation go:
"The Divided Orange"
"Raila in fight of his life"
"Ababu checkmates Raila"
"ODM dead in Western"

And such crap. It was choreographed to give the impression that ODM / CORD was dead and only Jubilee was alive.

At the time of his so called defection (without defecting) NEW FORD Kenya announced it was breaking up to join JAP. Sitting at the state house table were Eunice Wamalwa and Gumo - some of the most greedy and stomach minded politicians living today. The idea was to create the impression (which one newspaper trumpeted before silently taking down the lie) that FORD Kenya of Wetangula had decamped from CORD.

It appears to have failed and we shall wait for new schemes.

In the meantime, I just learned how Ababu went missing after searching all over the offices for the ODM certificate. He wanted to do a Shikuku on ODM. Its like he waqs promised money if he produced the original certificate.

That game ended a long time ago. One would simply proceed to the high court and declare and gazette the certificate lost and a new one issued.

I have been a bit out of touch with recent happenings in Kenyan siasa.  Even then, it is laughable that anyone takes Ababu's moves as anything with more impact than someone looking out for his stomach.  Even if one subscribes to the idea that Raila is history, Ababu might not even convince his own wife to vote against the man.

Offline Simanova

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #18 on: July 14, 2016, 07:03:55 PM »
The western region top management committee of ODM led by Governor Oparanya met today for planning #RailaInWestern