Author Topic: Ethiopia Denies Pipeline Deal Trumpeted by Jubilee  (Read 1077 times)

Offline Simanova

• VIP
  • Enigma
Ethiopia Denies Pipeline Deal Trumpeted by Jubilee
« on: July 13, 2016, 04:41:24 PM »
In their hurry to save face from the Uganda snubbing, they opted to LIE. Ethiopia let the lie go on for a while and when serious inquiries were made let the cat escape from the gunia:

I do not expect the usual insulting round from Duale and company. They learned from trying to insult Magufuli and M7 that it is counter productive. For us in CORD we can't thank Maina Kamanda, Kimani Ichung'wa and other bigots enough. Let them keep up the good work.

contradicting an announcement on the matter by State House in Nairobi..

According to the minister, Kenya had presented the idea of a pipeline to his government, with Addis Ababa agreeing to assess its potential before committing to constructing it.

This contradicts what State House announced late last month when Ethiopia's Prime Minister Hailemariam Desalegn visited Nairobi.
http://www.nation.co.ke/news/ethiopia-denies-signing-deal-on-construction-of-pipeline/-/1056/3292406/-/svim3rz/-/index.html

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
Re: Ethiopia Denies Pipeline Deal Trumpeted by Jubilee
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2016, 01:53:21 AM »
If you look at the map, there is no good reason why Ethiopia would choose Kenya over Djibouti, for a pipeline.  I don't think it has anything to do with ill feelings or doubts against the current government in Kenya. 

The UG-TZ pipeline on the other hand says something about what currency Uganda places on Kenya's reliability.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2016, 07:43:34 AM »
Upstream (from exporting crude oil) -they are like to work with kenya--Oil is being explored in Omo valley which is near turkana - but for downstream (refined oil) -then it make senses to go Dijbouti route.
If you look at the map, there is no good reason why Ethiopia would choose Kenya over Djibouti, for a pipeline.  I don't think it has anything to do with ill feelings or doubts against the current government in Kenya. 

The UG-TZ pipeline on the other hand says something about what currency Uganda places on Kenya's reliability.

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2016, 08:02:05 PM »
Upstream (from exporting crude oil) -they are like to work with kenya--Oil is being explored in Omo valley which is near turkana - but for downstream (refined oil) -then it make senses to go Dijbouti route.

Then it makes sense.  If all they are doing is prospecting for oil in that region.  It just means that if they find it, then they will consider the pipeline.  I was just pointing out the weakness of looking at everything through CORD/Jubilant lens when there are better explanations.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman