Author Topic: The Media's Sponsored War Against Raila  (Read 1552 times)

Offline Simanova

• VIP
  • Enigma
The Media's Sponsored War Against Raila
« on: July 23, 2016, 02:04:43 PM »
They have started printing close up photos of him sweating or in less than pleasant shape. They ignore new photos and dredge old ones that push the narrative. While this is an old practice we got used to, the new one where they outrightly LIE has reached new lows.

Its starts with them ignoring anything that might place him in positive light. Then the resort to lying. Here is an example:
Below is the itinerary as sent to the media a week to the start of his tour;

Raila addressed ALL these meetings. Yet the Nation claims he cancelled meetings after riots. They have a staged "riot" involving six boys who fled the scene after staging the "riot" for Nation. In another instance another half a dozen boys (believed to the same group) started burning tires on the road and the Nation journalist just happened to be there!!! The boys fled leaving the burning tires to be removed by villagers who kicked them out. The whole riot scene was botched and never appeared in their outlets.

While this is going on:
1. Uhuru's every minute action is headlined Moi style. He makes Nation headlines for going to the loo. Soon we shall hear "President Uhuru Kenyatta will be going to the toilet, Nation TV will carry it live"
2. Jubilee is at war. Over positions in JAP, Mashinani revolt in Bomet, KANU revolt led by Gideon, Baringo revolt, Trouble in Pokot and unrest in Nandi Hills. Kikuyus are besieging Ruto with hostile statements by two governors and a senator. Yet the Kenyan media led by The Nation has gone blind. They only see "ODM Rebellion". They give publicity to people who do not deserve it.
3. Mungaro has left ODM as has Ababu. So why are they still treated as ODM?

Offline Simanova

• VIP
  • Enigma
Re: The Media's Sponsored War Against Raila
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2016, 04:51:10 PM »
Jubilee Rebellion: Isaac Ruto opening another Mashinani Party office

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2016, 06:06:37 PM »
Cry baby. Gema and RV own most of the media. Most journalists are Gema. Are you suggesting this private media should conform to some regional balance reporting? That is analogous to Raila or Kalonzo praising Uhuru.

We know Isaac Ruto, some New FORD K and APK (Mbus) members have revolted against monolith Jubilee aka KANU 2.0. We know about Maendeleo Chap Chap, Ababu and Mung'aro... same media!

Ruto is behind united JAP and has been battling to take over western, Kisii, coast, etc since 2013. Why is Raila only touring western now? Why is he not camping in the coast and North Eastern? How about MATUSA counties since Kajiado Central by-elections? Is he serious?

Instead of whining, Raila should ensure
1) MATUSA, coast, Kisii and Somali are with him 100%
2) his supporters get IDs and register to vote 100%

He has been sleeping on the job big-time.

I desire to go to hell and not to heaven. In the former place I shall enjoy the company of popes, kings, and princes, while in the latter are only beggars, monks, and apostles. ~ Niccolo Machiavelli on his deathbed, June 1527

Offline Empedocles

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2016, 06:13:32 PM »
RAO and his boys must have managed to permanently "borrow" some spare change from government coffers during 2008-2013.

Maybe they set up their own media?

In all seriousness, ODM sucks royally when it comes to employing the media to their own advantage. Imaginary forces really don't need to do anything to portray RAO in a bad light.

Simanova, you guys are killing yourselves.

As @Robina says, stop crying about it and WORK TO WIN!

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2016, 06:25:29 PM »
Exactly.

In URP MATUSA (Ethuro) and Somali (Duale), hold seniormost positions only beneath Ruto. In ODM there is noone outside the strongholds in a significant position. The Luhya to Raila are like the Meru to Uhuru: cut and dry. A shame this is now a swing block.

The media only highlights the ground scenario, not create it. It's a free market.

RAO and his boys must have managed to permanently "borrow" some spare change from government coffers during 2008-2013.

Maybe they set up their own media?

In all seriousness, ODM sucks royally when it comes to employing the media to their own advantage. Imaginary forces really don't need to do anything to portray RAO in a bad light.

Simanova, you guys are killing yourselves.

As @Robina says, stop crying about it and WORK TO WIN!
I desire to go to hell and not to heaven. In the former place I shall enjoy the company of popes, kings, and princes, while in the latter are only beggars, monks, and apostles. ~ Niccolo Machiavelli on his deathbed, June 1527

Offline Simanova

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2016, 10:00:47 PM »
I take it Robina was otherwise engaged during Raila's recent visits to Coast and Ukambani.

Note also that ODM is in an alliance with Wiper which limits ODM activities in Ukambani unless Wiper walks out of CORD.

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2016, 10:19:12 PM »
Raila has ignored Somali (North Eastern) and MATUSA. Also Kisii. Ukambani kuna wenyewe.

I take it Robina was otherwise engaged during Raila's recent visits to Coast and Ukambani.

Note also that ODM is in an alliance with Wiper which limits ODM activities in Ukambani unless Wiper walks out of CORD.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2016, 09:03:39 AM »
Why worry about mainstream newspaper which are not read by anybody. I think UhuRuto have had the ongoing "beef" with the newspapers. I don't see any conspiracy against CORD - I see media trying to find news that can sell -

Offline Simanova

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2016, 02:07:31 PM »
The radio and lately the TV is a major source of news for Kenyans. When such media lies, it takes long to set the record straight.

I agree that Jubilee has had a bad patch with them. However lately it has been getting a pass on the same issues that they fry CORD over.
Why worry about mainstream newspaper which are not read by anybody. I think UhuRuto have had the ongoing "beef" with the newspapers. I don't see any conspiracy against CORD - I see media trying to find news that can sell -

Offline Simanova

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2016, 06:24:29 PM »
Look at some of the blatant lies