Author Topic: Pundit Dinkas are Brothers of Kalenjins  (Read 4123 times)

Offline Simanova

• VIP
  • Enigma
Pundit Dinkas are Brothers of Kalenjins
« on: July 11, 2016, 02:35:37 PM »
Not Luos as some claim. Luos relatives are the Shilluk whose role is minimal

The Dinkas and Nuers are closely related. That means the trouble-makers are all "Kalenjin".

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
Re: Pundit Dinkas are Brothers of Kalenjins
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2016, 02:50:23 PM »
Dinka and Nuer are more related to Luos than Kalenjin. Kalenjin are very different from other nilotes. The reason is coz Kalenjin moved out of Nile very long long time ago. Maasai are related to turkana, teso, karamojong, toposa and the guys in Juba (maasai cousin lotuko) --so I would say whole of eastern equitorial - is turkana-maasai-teso like people. The western part is Kuliak (Amin people) -- all the way to congo--and northern is Luo and their cousin Nuer & Dinka.

Kalenjin are totally different from any  south sudanase tribe --and the nearest I've come close to Kalenjin like people are maybe the omotic people who speak cushitic language.

I think the reason why Kalenjin are different is because they were 1)northmost of nilotes while living in Sudan and 2) move out of area around Khartoum earliest 2,000-4,000 years before the next nilotic group would move out--and they moved together with proto-cushitic people---way before Islam even arrived in Sudan...so Kalenjin got cut off, lived in Ethiopia, Kenya and Tazania...with cushites and Khoisan (okiek-dorobo).

Maasai and eastern nilotes (turnaka, teso, toposa) would move 2,000 yrs after Kalenjin have to East Africa...spreading pure pastoralism and fighting like crazy and kicking everyone out of their way.

Luos moved recently...500 yrs ago to Uganda and Kenya....I think running away from islamic/arabic slave traders and after conflicting with their cousins shilluk...seem they followed  river nile till it sources in Lake victoria...leaving their people along the nile river in most of uganda.

When Luo next found themselves near the other nilotes in Kenya..it was the Kalenjin...who they reffered to as Lango -- which is what I reckon they would 'cousin'...but the re-union was a long one -maybe 4,000 yrs being apart.

Not Luos as some claim. Luos relatives are the Shilluk whose role is minimal

The Dinkas and Nuers are closely related. That means the trouble-makers are all "Kalenjin".

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2016, 04:46:15 PM »
I always think the Kalenjin cousins in South Sudan are the Murle.  Dinkas and Nuers are distant cousins of Shilluk and ultimately Luo. 

The Luo in Kenya are comparatively Bantuised, having a large genetic overlap with the Luhya, even though they are in different linguistic groups.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline murle

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2016, 04:56:49 PM »

The Larim are popularly known as Boya or Langorim. They are related linguistically to the Didinga, Tenet, Murle in Upper Nile and the Pokot in Kenya. 

http://www.gurtong.net/Peoples/ThePeopleandDemographicsofSouthSudan/LarimBoya/tabid/205/Default.aspx#sthash.3B45eoFz.dpuf

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2016, 06:18:39 PM »
I once investigate the murle (sudanic) angle and it came unstuck. Yes Kenya luos are 50% bantus. Thanks to heavy Luhya and Gusii influence. They also must have ran into many bantus in uganda on their long strek to lake victoria.

I always think the Kalenjin cousins in South Sudan are the Murle.  Dinkas and Nuers are distant cousins of Shilluk and ultimately Luo. 

The Luo in Kenya are comparatively Bantuised, having a large genetic overlap with the Luhya, even though they are in different linguistic groups.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2016, 06:20:13 PM »
I am not sure the pokots are related to Murle. Pokot is admixture of Kalenjin(proper) and Turkana.Murle seem closer to Nubians? Kalenjin is admixture of proto-cushites and proto-nilotes.

The Larim are popularly known as Boya or Langorim. They are related linguistically to the Didinga, Tenet, Murle in Upper Nile and the Pokot in Kenya. 

http://www.gurtong.net/Peoples/ThePeopleandDemographicsofSouthSudan/LarimBoya/tabid/205/Default.aspx#sthash.3B45eoFz.dpuf

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2016, 08:39:18 PM »
I once investigate the murle (sudanic) angle and it came unstuck. Yes Kenya luos are 50% bantus. Thanks to heavy Luhya and Gusii influence. They also must have ran into many bantus in uganda on their long strek to lake victoria.

For me, the Murle have an uncanny resemblance to at least the Pokot side.  Though it makes sense what you say, because I realize the Hamar in Ethiopia have an even stronger physical resemblance to Kalenjins. 
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2016, 09:33:50 AM »
Yeap I think Murle is more like turkana -pokot; admixture of nilotes (nuer-dinka for example -who seem to have 90% of nilotic blood) and sudanic (nubains for example). As for Kalenjin proper--the nearest you'll find I think is omo valley of Ethiopia and few scattered tribes in TZ.Kalenjin have a very old admixture with oromo/galla...maasai admxiture is very recent.
For me, the Murle have an uncanny resemblance to at least the Pokot side.  Though it makes sense what you say, because I realize the Hamar in Ethiopia have an even stronger physical resemblance to Kalenjins.