Author Topic: Delusional Makua Mutua applies for CJ  (Read 4837 times)

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
Delusional Makua Mutua applies for CJ
« on: July 06, 2016, 09:09:52 AM »
His open aggression towards Jubilee disqualifies him but the guy seem boneheaded to realize this.

http://www.nation.co.ke/news/Race-for-CJ-job-on-as-deadline-is-extended/-/1056/3281602/-/ys3up3z/-/index.html

Offline Kadudu

• VIP
  • Enigma
Re: Delusional Makua Mutua applies for CJ
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2016, 11:09:28 AM »
Is he really serious or just calling a bluff?

His open aggression towards Jubilee disqualifies him but the guy seem boneheaded to realize this.

Offline Simanova

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2016, 01:05:53 PM »
Then why not appoint Murkommen or one of the Jubilee honchos since the post is a party position to be dished out based on loyalty. This is more proof that Jubilee is out to wreck the country and that the fact of a new constitution did not sink in to its supporters at all.

Would you like to name some instances of this "aggression" so we can deliberate on it?

http://www.nation.co.ke/news/Race-for-CJ-job-on-as-deadline-is-extended/-/1056/3281602/-/ys3up3z/-/index.html

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2016, 01:14:26 PM »
You just have to read many of his past articles in Nation and Standard to realize the guy is disqualified before he applies. I think we all want a supreme court bench that is at the very least appear neutral. Njoki Ndungu has a political history but you'd be hard pressed to find her conduct while serving as nominated MP unbecoming.

The delusional Mutua is going nowhere.

Then why not appoint Murkommen or one of the Jubilee honchos since the post is a party position to be dished out based on loyalty. This is more proof that Jubilee is out to wreck the country and that the fact of a new constitution did not sink in to its supporters at all.

Would you like to name some instances of this "aggression" so we can deliberate on it?

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2016, 01:17:53 PM »
I think after being fired as SUNNY's dean he is desperate to land a gig..and he would love to be the CJ..so he can drive this country into chaos...something he has been trying to do without much luck. His many articles will come to haunt him..can't wait for his interview.

Offline Empedocles

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2016, 01:37:00 PM »
You just have to read many of his past articles in Nation and Standard to realize the guy is disqualified before he applies. I think we all want a supreme court bench that is at the very least appear neutral. Njoki Ndungu has a political history but you'd be hard pressed to find her conduct while serving as nominated MP unbecoming.

This will never endear him to Jubilee:

Can you call Uhuru Kenyatta-President Uhuru Kenyatta, or will you forever stick to your normal Mr Uhuru Kenyatta?

I believe Uhuru Kenyatta's gender is male. That's why I address him as Mr Kenyatta. I don't call him Uhuru or Kenyatta, but Mr Kenyatta, which is what proper educated protocol requires. I have never disputed that the IEBC declared Mr Kenyatta President of the Republic of Kenya, a declaration that was affirmed by the Supreme Court. In that sense, Mr Kenyatta was declared by those two bodies the de jure and de facto the President of the Republic of Kenya. I publicly stated and tweeted after those declarations that "As a matter of freedom of conscience and thought, I can't accept Uhuru Kenyatta as President of Kenya. I can't and I won't." My views haven't changed, and won't change. That's because I believe the election was compromised and not free or fair.

Does that mean that you do not recognise him as your president?

The question of my recognising Mr Kenyatta as President doesn't arise. There's no constitutional predicate that requires a citizen to bow down to Mr Kenyatta just because the IEBC and the Supreme Court declared him the validly elected President. That's the opinion of those institutions, with which I disagree with all due respect to them. Citizens must obey their conscience and my conscience tells me that the election was so flawed that I would be untruthful to my self and abusive to my conscience, if I was to refer to Uhuru Kenyatta by any other salutation except Mr Kenyatta.

Source: http://www.standardmedia.co.ke/evewoman/article/2000144842/prof-makau-mutua-why-i-won-t-refer-to-uhuru-kenyatta-as-the-president?pageNo=2

Offline Simanova

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2016, 02:19:10 PM »
She authored the infamous MoU. What did she have to say about it?

You missed the concerns expressed about Njoki when she was being considered. She has since become consigliere advising the Jubilee Kitchen mafia at night and presiding over their affairs in the day to the disadvantage of justice. Her actions on the bench are worse than anything Mutua has written. She wrote a judgment granting prayers not sought twice. First she made comments in favor of Rawal case that was then at the High Court and then gave relief to Tunoi who had not asked for it.

Offline Simanova

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2016, 02:26:00 PM »
He was not fired. Serious allegations were made against him and he stepped aside (resigned) as he sought to clear his name. He was fully exonerated and in fact the advocate who instigated the action was cited for disciplinary action and he was restored to his position. Here is wikipedia:
In December 2014, Mutua stepped down as Dean of the University at Buffalo Law School after a seven-year term. He remains a SUNY Distinguished Professor and the Floyd H. & Hilda L. Hurst Faculty Scholar at the Law School. He was the first professor in the history of the Law School to be named SUNY Distinguished Professor.[1] He is a member of the Council on Foreign Relations.[2] In October 2015, he joined the World Bank in Washington D.C to work on governance and human rights. In December 2012, Mutua was appointed to a four-year term on the recommendation of the Obama Administration to the Board of Advisors of the International Development Law Organization or IDLO which is based in Rome, Italy.[3]
I do not believe he wants to drive the country to chaos:
In 2003, he was appointed by Kenya's President Kibaki to chair a task force that eventually led to the establishment of the Truth, Justice and Reconciliation Commission in 2008
I think after being fired as SUNNY's dean he is desperate to land a gig..and he would love to be the CJ..so he can drive this country into chaos...something he has been trying to do without much luck. His many articles will come to haunt him..can't wait for his interview.

Offline Simanova

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2016, 02:28:58 PM »
In 2003, he was appointed by Kenya's President Kibaki to chair a task force that eventually led to the establishment of the Truth, Justice and Reconciliation Commission in 2008

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2016, 02:30:54 PM »
Everyone is political. That is given. Even Dr Mutunga was Chief campaigner or something close to that during NARC era in 2002. But there is a fine line that Mutua has crossed so many times I just don't see how he will become CJ. He must be regretting his many articles in Nation & Standard where he basically behave like a rogue political nut case whom will NOT be allowed to become CJ.  He can cry or do everything but one think is very clear to me...there is no way Mutua is becoming the CJ...unless JSC all want to go home.

Mutua is wasting time thinking he can become CJ.

She authored the infamous MoU. What did she have to say about it?

You missed the concerns expressed about Njoki when she was being considered. She has since become consigliere advising the Jubilee Kitchen mafia at night and presiding over their affairs in the day to the disadvantage of justice. Her actions on the bench are worse than anything Mutua has written. She wrote a judgment granting prayers not sought twice. First she made comments in favor of Rawal case that was then at the High Court and then gave relief to Tunoi who had not asked for it.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2016, 02:34:56 PM »
That clearly is the man who given such a huge responsibility would drive the country to abyss. I am suprised he even entertain this thought. He must be beyond senile. Why would a country appoint such a reckless anarchist to become the president of judiciary...unless the country was on a suicide mission.
This will never endear him to Jubilee:

Can you call Uhuru Kenyatta-President Uhuru Kenyatta, or will you forever stick to your normal Mr Uhuru Kenyatta?

I believe Uhuru Kenyatta's gender is male. That's why I address him as Mr Kenyatta. I don't call him Uhuru or Kenyatta, but Mr Kenyatta, which is what proper educated protocol requires. I have never disputed that the IEBC declared Mr Kenyatta President of the Republic of Kenya, a declaration that was affirmed by the Supreme Court. In that sense, Mr Kenyatta was declared by those two bodies the de jure and de facto the President of the Republic of Kenya. I publicly stated and tweeted after those declarations that "As a matter of freedom of conscience and thought, I can't accept Uhuru Kenyatta as President of Kenya. I can't and I won't." My views haven't changed, and won't change. That's because I believe the election was compromised and not free or fair.

Does that mean that you do not recognise him as your president?

The question of my recognising Mr Kenyatta as President doesn't arise. There's no constitutional predicate that requires a citizen to bow down to Mr Kenyatta just because the IEBC and the Supreme Court declared him the validly elected President. That's the opinion of those institutions, with which I disagree with all due respect to them. Citizens must obey their conscience and my conscience tells me that the election was so flawed that I would be untruthful to my self and abusive to my conscience, if I was to refer to Uhuru Kenyatta by any other salutation except Mr Kenyatta.

Source: http://www.standardmedia.co.ke/evewoman/article/2000144842/prof-makau-mutua-why-i-won-t-refer-to-uhuru-kenyatta-as-the-president?pageNo=2

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2016, 02:36:08 PM »
That may as well be his last public appointment. His conduct seen then falls short of chapter six. I hope he gets to "live" interview phase...and he can finally be made to answers to all the reckless talk and ramblings he has done for the last few years...as he sought notoriety every sunday.

Offline Simanova

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2016, 03:35:27 PM »

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #13 on: July 06, 2016, 04:19:46 PM »
Gutter press with possibly gutter proffesor backing a gutter bound Mutua Makau who has snowball chance in hell of becoming the CJ. He should continue writting his nonsense in Standard. He won't be allowed to cheapen the CJ job. And that is my crystal ball.
Mutua backed for Chief Justice Post
http://ebruafricatvke.blogspot.no/2016/07/mutua-backed-for-chief-justice-post.html

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
« Reply #14 on: July 06, 2016, 04:54:59 PM »

I don't know about his aggression.  But his temperament, IMO, disqualifies him.  Not everybody with a law degree is qualified to be a judge.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #15 on: July 06, 2016, 05:20:03 PM »
Sorry the CJ is not just a judge. Mutua indeed cannot qualify to become even a magistrate based on his temperament. But as CJ he is even more least qualified because his main job is probably to arbitrate election disputes btw Jubilee and the opposition come next year. He doesn't hide his disdain for UhuRuto and Jubilee -the President and party of majority of Kenyans. His overt aggression against Jubilee  is all over print media. How is he expected to decide on say presidential election. How is he expected to select a fair bench whenever contentious issues arise. His open bias is way overboard.

This is a reckless man who has no business trying to become our CJ and could easily screw up the country like the reckless former ECK chairman Kivuitu who was stoking fires...without the intention of resolving anything. One minute the "election are being rigged"..the next minute he swears Kibaki in..the next he doesn't know who won...and that is the guy who is entrusted with a heavy responsibility to oversee transition of power.

I don't know about his aggression.  But his temperament, IMO, disqualifies him.  Not everybody with a law degree is qualified to be a judge.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #16 on: July 13, 2016, 09:00:40 AM »
The delusional fool with 72 page CV and truck load of garbage papers did not make the first cut.That got to be very good news for us and really bad news for Prof Makau --he can now concentrate on being his hateful self. Seem the short listed guys are strong safe pair of hands. Enough of eccentric Mutunga crap. Let us have a steady pair of hands for a change.