Author Topic: Watching kenya athletic trials...5000m is 30 guys packed..stadium packed.  (Read 1243 times)

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
Being held in Eldoret's Kipchoge Keino stadium. The stadium is full capacity -and many more couldn't get in.The field is more competitive than Olympics in my view san the lack of Ethiopia rivals.I think kenya should organize with Ethiopia for the real Olympics of middle-long distance running.

Offline Simanova

• VIP
  • Enigma
Kenya should first of all face down Germany and other smear kings undermining the country's image. If I were the one I would take the doping allegations seriously and arrest those doping wazungus and drag them to court. The fact that one or two people have become lazy and refused to practice thus needed drugs should not mar the image of the entire country.

About 30, did you know may be ALL of them will meet the minimum Olympics qualifying time but will not go. We have talent unlimited.

Pity so much time and money is wasted on team games such as football where we are mediocre.

Being held in Eldoret's Kipchoge Keino stadium. The stadium is full capacity -and many more couldn't get in.The field is more competitive than Olympics in my view san the lack of Ethiopia rivals.I think kenya should organize with Ethiopia for the real Olympics of middle-long distance running.

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
That's kind of like ODM nominations in Nyanza.  They are tougher than the actual election.  To some extent the same thing with Jamaican sprints.

I hope Rudisha can repeat. 
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
Kenya should first of all face down Germany and other smear kings undermining the country's image. If I were the one I would take the doping allegations seriously and arrest those doping wazungus and drag them to court. The fact that one or two people have become lazy and refused to practice thus needed drugs should not mar the image of the entire country.

About 30, did you know may be ALL of them will meet the minimum Olympics qualifying time but will not go. We have talent unlimited.

Pity so much time and money is wasted on team games such as football where we are mediocre.

Kenyan soccer talent is not as mediocre as the national team would have you believe.  You just have to watch high school competitions.  The talent fizzles out somewhere between high school and adulthood.  It is down to poor management.  Team sports are probably more sensitive to that than individual sports.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
Totally agree. And it harder for soccer because it one very popular game and everyone is busy trying to play it. Strategically kenya gov has to think about investing in other sports that we can be competitive in....rugby, crickets, tennis, name all these games we can really get somewhere. Football is one toughie cookie. I wouldn't invest public money on it. It's popular and should be self-funding with competitive local leagues.
Kenyan soccer talent is not as mediocre as the national team would have you believe.  You just have to watch high school competitions.  The talent fizzles out somewhere between high school and adulthood.  It is down to poor management.  Team sports are probably more sensitive to that than individual sports.