Author Topic: Jubilee Falling Monuments  (Read 1626 times)

Offline Simanova

• VIP
  • Enigma
Jubilee Falling Monuments
« on: June 30, 2016, 12:24:51 PM »
Pundit

Explain how this much taunted white elephant is still analogue. I expected them to offer services online. Instead a badly designed website running a 286 machine meets you. With all the billions spent could they not afford a cheap server? How about asking to get it for free? I could donate one or two new ones with 2 years guarantee. 

I tell you what? I think Jubilee is all spin and no substance.

Offline Simanova

• VIP
  • Enigma
Re: Jubilee Falling Monuments
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2016, 01:15:30 PM »
A cholera patient in Tana River a few minutes ago.

Offline Simanova

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2016, 01:19:00 PM »
Four of these youth would suffer broken limbs after the officer bottom left was done with them. Resentment leads to more recruitment and then more repression. Poorly qualified policemen sent to fight something they don't understand end up profiling the youth.

Offline Simanova

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2016, 01:39:18 PM »

Cholera patient at the Garissa County Referral Hospital
Five people have been admitted at the Garissa County Referral Hospital following an outbreak of cholera in Boka village in neigbouring Tana River County. According to the nurse in charge of the hospital Hassan Abdullahi, 4 of the patients are in stable condition and will soon be discharged. the fifth patient is still admitted and receiving treatment.

Hassan said that Rabid Diagnosis test and stool culture had been carried out on the 5 patients and all of them turning positive of a cholera infection.

The hospital has since set aside a cholera isolation ward and also put in place infection control measures

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2016, 02:07:11 PM »
Health has been devolved. You should take it with each of those governors. Jubilee assisted those counties with a "brilliant" 38B worth of leasing agreement with some of the biggest medical equipment dealers like GM. If each of those counties had acquired those world class equipment -it would have been damn expensive. However govenors still have to do the basics...beds/linens..hire and retain medical staff...purchase medicine.

Offline Simanova

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2016, 04:40:39 PM »
Pundit

I know it is devolved and therefore the work of counties. But when did that stop Jubilee from beating their chests?

Could you please share the 38B agreement so I can look at the small print. I have never seen it.

Health has been devolved. You should take it with each of those governors. Jubilee assisted those counties with a "brilliant" 38B worth of leasing agreement with some of the biggest medical equipment dealers like GM. If each of those counties had acquired those world class equipment -it would have been damn expensive. However govenors still have to do the basics...beds/linens..hire and retain medical staff...purchase medicine.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2016, 05:24:44 PM »
I doubt you're interested in facts but mere shouting. But anyway!

Jubilee have done great job by first making maternity services free. Counties receive reimbursement for every delivery. This has had tremendous impact on child mortality. Uhuru wife has also chipped in with her personal mobile clinic thing that has been endorsed by Melinda Gates with funding recently.The 38B medical equipment leasing btw all counties and the best medical equipment (General electric & five others) mean in every county ; two hospitals have the latest state of art medical equipments like MRIs that are working...the deal include after-service and training.Other great jubilees ideas have been giving teachers, police and all civil servants medical cover.Jubilee have also expanded MTCs. 

It helped that Jubilee had a performer in Mr Macharia (formerly CEO of NIC bank) as the CS there.

Jubilee oversaw the transfer of health function to counties and generally most counties have done a good job.In the last 4yrs..counties have generally avail with Ambulances that are actually working. There has been serious challenges with staff...doctors and medical staff don't trust counties..and prefer the national gov.

I think overally Jubilee have been by far the best gov this country has had. Most counties are also doing good job compared to previously...most county ran hospitals appear to freshly painted and serving more people.

Machakos is good example of county that is on the right path...some counties of course...are busy stealing and stealing...and doing nothing and nothing.

Pundit

I know it is devolved and therefore the work of counties. But when did that stop Jubilee from beating their chests?

Could you please share the 38B agreement so I can look at the small print. I have never seen it.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2016, 05:40:11 PM »
Counties biggest jewel is the health sector and if they want more responsibilities & powers - they need to proof themselves WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAy better than national gov. Some of them seem to get these..others are mostly busy stealing.
http://www.nation.co.ke/news/Doctors-employ-teletechnology-to-treat-patient/-/1056/3246796/-/aoajvh/-/index.html

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2016, 06:13:42 PM »
It is a county function.  What's interesting about something like cholera.  I see it as more of an environmental function.  The health ministry should still prepare for it, but ultimately it's one of those things that simply don't happen if your environment is organized.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman