Author Topic: Breaking: Brexit is a reality now, exit polls show  (Read 2596 times)

Offline GeeMail

• VIP
  • Enigma
Breaking: Brexit is a reality now, exit polls show
« on: June 24, 2016, 07:51:25 AM »
Other news, David Cameron planning to resign. One wonders why he didn't call IEBC for help.
Celebratory violence: 2017 crime invented to justify killings to prevent Raila from becoming PORK. http://www.nipate.com/download/file.php?id=4244

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
Re: Breaking: Brexit is a reality now, exit polls show
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2016, 08:01:41 AM »
Interesting. Seem the blue collar britons voted to exit. That should worry Clinton across the Altantic shores.

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2016, 02:48:33 PM »
Interesting. Seem the blue collar britons voted to exit. That should worry Clinton across the Altantic shores.
People voted overwhelmingly according to age.  The older, over 50, folks choosing to walk.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

• Enigma
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2016, 03:14:37 PM »
Scotland voted to remain.  At this rate they may have second thoughts about independence.

The sterling is plunging.  Economic turmoil on the way.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2016, 03:17:27 PM »
Maybe? But clearly the areas that had blue collars (white least educated blue collars) voted to exit (over fears of immigrants taking their jobs or welfare) compared to richer more educated areas. The same is going to happen in the US. Thanks to globalisation...the guys getting the hit as more jobs move to Asia....are the bottom feeders...and they don't like it.
People voted overwhelmingly according to age.  The older, over 50, folks choosing to walk.

Offline Georgesoros

• Enigma
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2016, 03:36:51 PM »
I always say dont go to the grocery store when hungry. The British have a reaction to a temporary problem and theywill  heavily pay for it in the long term.
USA is different. There are many more factors that come into play, with business taking the front stage. Trump cant use this to his advantage. It will backfire.

• Enigma
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2016, 03:49:53 PM »
Maybe? But clearly the areas that had blue collars (white least educated blue collars) voted to exit (over fears of immigrants taking their jobs or welfare) compared to richer more educated areas. The same is going to happen in the US. Thanks to globalisation...the guys getting the hit as more jobs move to Asia....are the bottom feeders...and they don't like it.
Trump will need divine intervention stateside.  A Clinton indictment or something.  He is on autopilot to defeat in November.

It's hard to make blue collar white collar arguments when the youth, upto 49, overwhelmingly voted to stay.  I think this vote was driven by sentimentalism of independence than a protest against globalization.  They just dislike being run from Brussels.

Britain's is a truly aging population.  I don't see anything more than a contrived resemblance to the current election campaign in the US.

Harriet Tubman

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2016, 06:51:07 PM »
Ok. We will be here. The fact that trump is still there...strong enough...despite making all those "blunders" for years...tell you something is going on that you don't grasp. If Brits had been rational; they' would have voted for EU; EU like EAC is good for everyone...but clearly rationality doesn't explain this..the misplaced anger that some people are feeling. Lots of angry people in Europe and US just want to have the good old days back.
Trump will need divine intervention stateside.  A Clinton indictment or something.  He is on autopilot to defeat in November.

It's hard to make blue collar white collar arguments when the youth, upto 49, overwhelmingly voted to stay.  I think this vote was driven by sentimentalism of independence than a protest against globalization.  They just dislike being run from Brussels.

Britain's is a truly aging population.  I don't see anything more than a contrived resemblance to the current election campaign in the US.

Offline Simanova

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2016, 07:41:52 PM »
I have a more simple explanation for all this drama.

Cameron obtained the support of various factions in the Conservative party to run for office for one term. He wanted a second term which nobody believed he would win. He made deals including one with Boris Johnson. Cameron would relinquish power to him towards the end of the first year. DC appeared to be reneging on the promise.

If he had won, he would stay on for the full term, change his mind about a third term and continue. BJ could not take it.

Labour could have just sat aside and let this play out.

In my view they will renegotiate a new deal and go to another vote around 2019. The grace period will be extended until the Brits forget this. In the meantime the common man will be taught a lesson. Failures by government will be blamed on the NO vote. Come 2019 and the Brits will overwhelmingly return to the fold for good.

BJ is my opinion will never be PM. Most likely a third candidate from Cameron's side and faction will win the contest. BJ brought down Cameron but in good old British tradition will not be rewarded as he is a killer not statesman. Mike Heseltine learned this after bringing down Thatcher. Major was roped in and won.

Ok. We will be here. The fact that trump is still there...strong enough...despite making all those "blunders" for years...tell you something is going on that you don't grasp. If Brits had been rational; they' would have voted for EU; EU like EAC is good for everyone...but clearly rationality doesn't explain this..the misplaced anger that some people are feeling. Lots of angry people in Europe and US just want to have the good old days back.

• Enigma
« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2016, 08:30:59 PM »

To be honest, the Brits, I find them totally alien.  I don't know what makes them tick.  I am just going by the breakdown of the numbers.  The wazees decided what is good for the youth.  They would be the ones with hangups and dim memories of the glorious old days.

Trump went as far demagoguery can take you in a party that runs on subtle appeals to racism.  Some people will buy that.  The same people will want nothing to do with open racism.  The Republicans underestimated his appeal to a large plurality of the party.  He ended up running away with it, even though majority voted against him.

Even if we ignore the polls and battle-ground mechanics; you have to remember Trump is struggling to bring the regular Republican on board.  At present, I would be impressed if he just managed the usual Republican numbers in the general.

Harriet Tubman

Offline Georgesoros

• Enigma
« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2016, 08:42:11 PM »
Scotland is planning a referendum to QUIT!!
Reality will strike hard...

• Enigma
« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2016, 06:48:14 PM »
Brexit grants a new lease of life to Biafraexit.  I know for a fact other Nigerians would very happily let Biafra go, if it wasn't for oil.  There is no love lost between the East, especially Igbos and the Northerners and Yorubas.

http://www.news24.com.ng/National/News/brexit-inspires-calls-for-independence-of-biafra-20160628

Harriet Tubman

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2016, 06:53:09 PM »
What is the beef with biafra. Always though the beef was btw muslims and christians. South versus North. Not this east versus the rest.
Brexit grants a new lease of life to Biafraexit.  I know for a fact other Nigerians would very happily let Biafra go, if it wasn't for oil.  There is no love lost between the East, especially Igbos and the Northerners and Yorubas.

• Enigma
« Reply #13 on: June 29, 2016, 06:57:05 PM »
What is the beef with biafra. Always though the beef was btw muslims and christians. South versus North. Not this east versus the rest.
It's usually presented that way.  As something religious.  It's really tribal.  Igbos happen to be overwhelmingly Christian.  Yorubas are like 50-50 Christian Muslim.  Hausas are Muslim.

But Igbos are hated throughout Nigeria, not just the North.  In fact Yorubas might have more issues with them than Northerners.

Harriet Tubman