Author Topic: Police Involvement in Politics Widens  (Read 2548 times)

Offline Simanova

• VIP
  • Enigma
Police Involvement in Politics Widens
« on: June 28, 2016, 08:10:17 PM »

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
Re: Police Involvement in Politics Widens
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2016, 11:23:32 AM »
Poor Muthama. Look like he'll be back in Pangani soon. That should be enough to make him a law abiding citizen.

Offline Simanova

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2016, 07:43:23 PM »
It's your man behind it. He wants to prevent Muthama's big rally which will eclipse his Plan D with Mutua as running mate.

Have they not learned anything. Imprisoning a politician is a direct loss to the authorities and a gain for the prisoner and his party. Let them knock themselves out. We need a strong symbol to augment Kalonzo. His influence has been largely in Machakos and Makueni. With more persecution it will be heard in Kitui as well.
Poor Muthama. Look like he'll be back in Pangani soon. That should be enough to make him a law abiding citizen.

Offline Georgesoros

• Enigma
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2016, 11:28:45 PM »
Police need to know the country's law, not the law of the power hungry.
When the executive branch does not hold law enforcement accountable, they become marauders ready to kill kill kill.
They will kill any one who is on the way, or even make them disappear
http://www.standardmedia.co.ke/mobile/article/2000207020/lawyers-stage-protest-outside-ig-boinnet-s-office-over-missing-lawyer-client-and-taxi-driver-civil-societies-condemn-disappearance?pageNo=1

Offline Simanova

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2016, 01:21:05 PM »

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2016, 02:11:41 PM »
Good job. CORD without any clear path to victory should be watched keenly. I hope Muthama will be taken back to Pangani and kept over the weekend. Or maybe the magistrate can lock him up until the case is heard.

Offline Simanova

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2016, 02:25:11 PM »

Offline Simanova

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2016, 02:43:30 PM »
Let me get it right: Jubilee people can utter criminality and get away with it. However if a CORD politician repeats the same word for word, then he / she is offending?

Ruto said watakaangwa. Muthama repeated it. It is Muthama being charged and not Ruto?  Is Ruto above the law?

So Pundit when you say the police are right and cheer, are you addressing fairness or just playing URP youthwinger?

Offline Simanova

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2016, 02:44:33 PM »
It will only help us to mobilize. Trumped up charges never harmed a politician.

Good job. CORD without any clear path to victory should be watched keenly. I hope Muthama will be taken back to Pangani and kept over the weekend. Or maybe the magistrate can lock him up until the case is heard.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2016, 02:50:59 PM »
As long as due process is followed I am okay. Ruto stayed in ICC for nearly 10yrs yet he hadn't done it. Muthama will have his day at NCIC,Police, DPP and the court of law. Muthama is well known loose mouth...even before Jubilee came in..he had issues with NCIC.

Ruto is careful with his words.

Let me get it right: Jubilee people can utter criminality and get away with it. However if a CORD politician repeats the same word for word, then he / she is offending?

Ruto said watakaangwa. Muthama repeated it. It is Muthama being charged and not Ruto?  Is Ruto above the law?

So Pundit when you say the police are right and cheer, are you addressing fairness or just playing URP youthwinger?

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2016, 03:15:55 PM »
NCIC, EACC.  These should both be scrapped.  They serve no purpose.

Tobiko is a competent bureaucrat and a completely ineffective prosecutor.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline Simanova

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2016, 04:34:47 PM »
The word is Kukaranga. Muthama used it in the same context. So if Muthama's usage is of offensive, it follows logically that Ruto's is equally if not more offensive. Why has Ruto not been placed under investigation
As long as due process is followed I am okay. Ruto stayed in ICC for nearly 10yrs yet he hadn't done it. Muthama will have his day at NCIC,Police, DPP and the court of law. Muthama is well known loose mouth...even before Jubilee came in..he had issues with NCIC.

Ruto is careful with his words.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2016, 05:37:08 PM »
Obviously DPP and Police and NCIC will have watched the whole video..and will know which is offensive.
The word is Kukaranga. Muthama used it in the same context. So if Muthama's usage is of offensive, it follows logically that Ruto's is equally if not more offensive. Why has Ruto not been placed under investigation

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
« Reply #13 on: June 30, 2016, 06:22:23 PM »
Obviously DPP and Police and NCIC will have watched the whole video..and will know which is offensive.
What's their criteria?
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline Simanova

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #14 on: June 30, 2016, 07:57:25 PM »
I would love to split hairs for you after we defeat Uhuru next year.

We know and Ruto knows these Kangaroo charges will not stick and cannot pass the constitutional threshold. They are preferred by a compromised police and allowed to pass by a hapless DPP whose term is coming to an end. They are meant to harass.