Author Topic: Why Africa is a mess  (Read 5564 times)

Offline Simanova

• VIP
  • Enigma
Why Africa is a mess
« on: June 21, 2016, 08:06:26 PM »

Offline Georgesoros

• Enigma
Re: Why Africa is a mess
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2016, 05:41:50 AM »
:):):)

Offline Simanova

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2016, 09:04:17 PM »

Offline Empedocles

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2016, 03:09:14 PM »

Offline Gumzo

• Superstar
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2016, 04:33:29 PM »
The way it works is like

if an African big man tied his own shoes, walked to church with family, used public transport, or pumped his own gas
the people he leads would be very disappointed with him "acting like a normal human" we like to think of our big men
as  gods.

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2016, 06:44:28 PM »
The way it works is like

if an African big man tied his own shoes, walked to church with family, used public transport, or pumped his own gas
the people he leads would be very disappointed with him "acting like a normal human" we like to think of our big men
as  gods.

To me, it boils down lack of responsibility.  Big men can do whatever they want.  But if there is always that expectation of help from outside when they break it,  it's a futile exercise. 
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2016, 09:02:37 AM »
Really? I see Obama spending millions of dollar moving with even larger staff than any African leader I know. You will not miss a picture showing a African leader in humble situation just the same way you'll find Obama once in a while acting like normal citizen. But on day to day basis...Obama has thousands of security and staff doing stuff for him.

• Enigma
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2016, 06:00:00 PM »
Really? I see Obama spending millions of dollar moving with even larger staff than any African leader I know. You will not miss a picture showing a African leader in humble situation just the same way you'll find Obama once in a while acting like normal citizen. But on day to day basis...Obama has thousands of security and staff doing stuff for him.
Yep...it's basically cheap propganda.

The beef I have with Obama.  The continued heavy involvement of the US military in other people's problems, not to mention creating new ones for them.  At a ginormous cost, at a time when disinvestment in public schools in the inner cities is at an all time high.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2016, 06:35:12 PM »
My biggest beef was the spring revolution he caused in Middle East that basically imploded fairly stable countries like Egypt, Libya, Tunisia, Yemen and Syria. He only stopped when this reached US buddies Saudi Arabia, Bahraini and the likes.Obama thought it was a brilliant idea to arm those "peaceful demonstrators" but everyone told him they were not peaceful; they were not democratic; they were ISLAMIC fundamentalist; they were and will never be the ALTERNATIVE; from where it started in EGYPT; it was the muslim brotherhood who were the engine of those "demos" -in reality -it was armed rebellion financed covertly and later overtly by CIA & Brits. Muslim brotherhood is a terrorist org that routinely massacre christians in Egypt. The same was repeated everywhere else in the MIDDLE EAST...which eventually morphed into ISIS.

Obama found Al qaeda on it's death bed but gave us ISIS.

Obama & clinton were very stupid not to realize that in middle east after  hundrends of years of dictatorship; the only alternative voice were the daredevil islamic fundamentalists; You don't make a bad situation worse. Middle east will need to be transformed very delicately...for instance..it enough if Obama was to pressure those countries to allow say freedom of press or worship or speech...sort of release the pressure valve slowly...than outrightly support the only opposition they could find....which 100% were terror organisations.

They should never have encouraged or aided that spring revolution. It was BIG mistake.

Nobody was dying because Libya or Egypt or Syria were not democratic. They just lacked political freedoms but generally they lived happier and better lives.

Anyway I am glad Russia's Putin eventually said to hell with these American fools and took charge...and now Syria and middle east is turning the corner on those Obama boys. In the meantime Obama continues to drops weapons to friendly rebels...who are just another name for ISIS..it like going to Somalia..and throwing weapons to a faction of Al Shabab.

The beef I have with Obama.  The continued heavy involvement of the US military in other people's problems, not to mention creating new ones for them.  At a ginormous cost, at a time when disinvestment in public schools in the inner cities is at an all time high.

• Enigma
« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2016, 06:41:19 PM »
My biggest beef was the spring revolution he caused in Middle East that basically imploded fairly stable countries like Egypt, Libya, Tunisia, Yemen and Syria. He only stopped when this reached US buddies Saudi Arabia, Bahraini and the likes.Obama thought it was a brilliant idea to arm those "peaceful demonstrators" but everyone told him they were not peaceful; they were not democratic; they were ISLAMIC fundamentalist; they were and will never be the ALTERNATIVE; from where it started in EGYPT; it was the muslim brotherhood who were the engine of those "demos" -in reality -it was armed rebellion financed covertly and later overtly by CIA & Brits. Muslim brotherhood is a terrorist org that routinely massacre christians in Egypt. The same was repeated everywhere else in the MIDDLE EAST...which eventually morphed into ISIS.

Obama found Al qaeda on it's death bed but gave us ISIS.

Obama & clinton were very stupid not to realize that in middle east after  hundrends of years of dictatorship; the only alternative voice were the daredevil islamic fundamentalists; You don't make a bad situation worse. Middle east will need to be transformed very delicately...for instance..it enough if Obama was to pressure those countries to allow say freedom of press or worship or speech...sort of release the pressure valve slowly...than outrightly support the only opposition they could find....which 100% were terror organisations.

They should never have encouraged or aided that spring revolution. It was BIG mistake.

His half-way involvement in Syria has also lengthened the carnage without any apparent result in the end.  He wouldn't let Assad wipe out the rebels, getting involved with just enough air-strikes to keep them alive without delivering victory.  Like I said, generally creating or worsening problems.  Back at home, he has not been useful to African Americans, other than as some sort of pride symbol.

Harriet Tubman

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2016, 06:49:22 PM »
He is still dropping weapons aimlessly in Syria with most of them ending in the wrong hands. It only Russia's Putin who have take ISIS to cleaners. And with that Putin has gained world respect. Obama is a failure. He want to pick the easy wins - CUBA? - but has done nothing for Africa or Africa Americans or anything that really matter. All talk. No show. He is the guy who is 50-50; wishy washy; he just listen to advisors; and go for middle ground; I doubt he has original ideas or guts to do anything.

Putin is the man who will help us fix Obama mess in Middle East.

His half-way involvement in Syria has also lengthened the carnage without any apparent result in the end.  He wouldn't let Assad wipe out the rebels, getting involved with just enough air-strikes to keep them alive without delivering victory.  Like I said, generally creating or worsening problems.  Back at home, he has not been useful to African Americans, other than as some sort of pride symbol.

Offline Simanova

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2016, 07:53:44 PM »
What a diatribe. It is so full of hateful comments and lacks objectivity.

What is wrong with the Muslim Brotherhood? The fact that Mubarak and other dictators labelled it a terrorist organization so they could attract rightwing American support does not make them terrorists. That school of thought was long dismantled.

Democracy in Egypt did not fail because of I.B. It failed because Saudi Arabia and the remaining Arab dictatorships decided to roll back democracy in those countries. Anybody accusing Morsi of dictatorship should now see what Al Sisi has set up as "democracy". My only beef with Obama on Egypt is that he did not stand up to Saudi Arabia

Offline Simanova

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2016, 07:55:24 PM »
Former Tz president Ali Hassan Mwinyi...this is the honor and pride of X president who didn't steal

Offline Real P

• Mega superstar
« Reply #13 on: June 30, 2016, 06:33:23 AM »
This brown noser got his head stuck so far up Museveni's ass  :D

"Christianity is not a religion, but a personal relationship with Christ".

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #14 on: June 30, 2016, 08:31:56 AM »
Muslims Brotherhood is a terrorist org. Pure and simple. International terror org. They support virulent strain of islam that advocate for violence. It doesn't mean I don't symapthize with them or other terror org..coz the dictatorship in middle east..have made the mosque the only place to political organize....but we cannot replace military dictatorship like egypt now...with international terror org! Egypt or Libya or Syria are better off with military dictatorship than Obama "democracy" where ISIS/Alqaeda/Mulism Brotherhood/ Hezbollah or Hamas win election...then begin a campaign of turning their country into islamic state with really archaic ideas.

What is wrong with the Muslim Brotherhood? The fact that Mubarak and other dictators labelled it a terrorist organization so they could attract rightwing American support does not make them terrorists. That school of thought was long dismantled.

Democracy in Egypt did not fail because of I.B. It failed because Saudi Arabia and the remaining Arab dictatorships decided to roll back democracy in those countries. Anybody accusing Morsi of dictatorship should now see what Al Sisi has set up as "democracy". My only beef with Obama on Egypt is that he did not stand up to Saudi Arabia

Offline Simanova

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #15 on: June 30, 2016, 09:36:03 AM »
I respect your declaration. It is not exactly by the roadside but very close. What if I refuse to ask for evidence of this so called self evident truth and say: It is NOT a terrorist organisation pure and simple?

Muslims Brotherhood is a terrorist org. Pure and simple. International terror org. They support virulent strain of islam that advocate for violence. It doesn't mean I don't symapthize with them or other terror org..coz the dictatorship in middle east..have made the mosque the only place to political organize....but we cannot replace military dictatorship like egypt now...with international terror org! Egypt or Libya or Syria are better off with military dictatorship than Obama "democracy" where ISIS/Alqaeda/Mulism Brotherhood/ Hezbollah or Hamas win election...then begin a campaign of turning their country into islamic state with really archaic ideas.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #16 on: June 30, 2016, 10:49:27 AM »
So what is it. It not a political party. It a religious org that support violence and want to impose Sharia. That sounds to me like a terror org. It clearly won't be registered here in Kenya or US where political parties cannot be religiously intolerant.MB were overthrown by the army because folks were fed up with their shariah nonsense...and they were killing lots of copts.

Egypt was doing well under Mubarak secular rule. It doing better now under Isis secular rule. Than under some religious fanatics clalled muslim brotherhood.

I respect your declaration. It is not exactly by the roadside but very close. What if I refuse to ask for evidence of this so called self evident truth and say: It is NOT a terrorist organisation pure and simple?

Offline Simanova

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #17 on: June 30, 2016, 11:05:43 AM »
Do you believe Moi was right to label Gitobu Imanyara a terrorist lawyer and communist? I don't think you do. You know that Moi was playing politics. In response to the signals from Washington (CIA) the enemy at the time was communism and the best way for a hyena to eat its young was to accuse them of smelling like communists.

Today that Hyena would label them as smelling of Islamism before devouring them.

Arab countries remain far in terms of democracy. Even our own imperfect democracy is far more advanced than anything you can find in Lebanon - the most advanced of the democracies. In fact Pundit, I can say there is no such thing as a democratic Arab country. It does not exist. Let us agree to that point at least.

Now how does a dictatorship react to an organized group? In the same way Kenyatta or Moi reacted to any organized groups. They either control them (Trade unions for example) or outlaw them (Opposition parties). This is something you know very well.

Is the Brotherhood innocent? Like all groups once oppression reaches a certain level they resist. It is a fundamental right of the oppressed to resist. The UN recognizes that partially when it allows resistance under occupation. The Brotherhood has offered various forms of resistance. Lately after the coup, some members have joined violent groups to fight Sisi's draconian state.

When it was legalized it functioned well as a welfare organization and it launched a political wing. The disorder there arose from Saudi money which overcame liberal voices.

In short, I cannot treat an organization as terrorist on the basis of the findings of an Arab dictator.
So what is it. It not a political party. It a religious org that support violence and want to impose Sharia. That sounds to me like a terror org. It clearly won't be registered here in Kenya or US where political parties cannot be religiously intolerant.MB were overthrown by the army because folks were fed up with their shariah nonsense...and they were killing lots of copts.
The Muslim Brotherhood is an Islamic organization that was founded in Ismailia, Egypt by Hassan al-Banna in March 1928 as an Islamist religious, political, and social movement.[1][2] The group spread to other Muslim countries but has its largest, or one of its largest, organizations in Egypt, where for many years it has been the largest, best-organized, and most disciplined political opposition force,[3][4][5] despite a succession of government crackdowns in 1948, 1954, 1965 after plots, or alleged plots, of assassination and overthrow were uncovered. Following the 2011 Revolution the group was legalized,[5] and in April 2011 it launched a civic political party called the Freedom and Justice Party (Egypt) to contest elections, including the 2012 presidential election when its candidate Mohamed Morsi became Egypt's first democratically elected president.[6][7] One year later, however, following massive demonstrations, Morsi was overthrown by the military and arrested. As of 2014, the organization has been declared a terrorist group by Russia, Egypt, UAE, Saudi Arabia and is once again suffering a severe crackdown.[8][9]
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_the_Muslim_Brotherhood_in_Egypt

Offline Simanova

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #18 on: June 30, 2016, 11:09:57 AM »
Note that Saudi Arabia is governed by Sharia. The country remains a key US ally as are Kuwait, Qatar, UAE, Bahrain etc. I just don't know when it became terrorist for people to use their religion to arbitrate legal and social issues. Do you know when that happened?

The West uses the Judaeo christian religious base for their laws.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #19 on: June 30, 2016, 11:20:13 AM »
We seem to agree. They have been forced to become terrorists. Now the question is simple. Would you rather we have the secular military dictatorship we have in Arab world or would you rather the only opposition - islam terror groups -were handed power. I say let keep the secular military dictatorship for some time. Let the USA and countries with leverage over these Arab nations demand over a long period some political reforms. It won't be easy. But it would be irresponsible to do what Obama did. Hand over power to terror groups that have been held hostage by islamic fundamentalist...just because it seem democratic to do so. In any case these terror group...like Ismalic Brotherhood or Hamas..use the same coercion tactic that military uses...to force people to vote for them.

Arab world journey into democracy is yet to start....and it will be a long journey. The option can never be islamic fundamentalist. They are the side-effects of the dictatorship. Not the solution.

Do you believe Moi was right to label Gitobu Imanyara a terrorist lawyer and communist? I don't think you do. You know that Moi was playing politics. In response to the signals from Washington (CIA) the enemy at the time was communism and the best way for a hyena to eat its young was to accuse them of smelling like communists.

Today that Hyena would label them as smelling of Islamism before devouring them.

Arab countries remain far in terms of democracy. Even our own imperfect democracy is far more advanced than anything you can find in Lebanon - the most advanced of the democracies. In fact Pundit, I can say there is no such thing as a democratic Arab country. It does not exist. Let us agree to that point at least.

Now how does a dictatorship react to an organized group? In the same way Kenyatta or Moi reacted to any organized groups. They either control them (Trade unions for example) or outlaw them (Opposition parties). This is something you know very well.

Is the Brotherhood innocent? Like all groups once oppression reaches a certain level they resist. It is a fundamental right of the oppressed to resist. The UN recognizes that partially when it allows resistance under occupation. The Brotherhood has offered various forms of resistance. Lately after the coup, some members have joined violent groups to fight Sisi's draconian state.

When it was legalized it functioned well as a welfare organization and it launched a political wing. The disorder there arose from Saudi money which overcame liberal voices.

In short, I cannot treat an organization as terrorist on the basis of the findings of an Arab dictator.