Author Topic: Focus on Tribalized Education  (Read 1053 times)

Offline Simanova

• VIP
  • Enigma
Focus on Tribalized Education
« on: June 20, 2016, 08:36:33 PM »
Here we go again. Does anybody really care who is a nilote anymore?:

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
Re: Focus on Tribalized Education
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2016, 09:49:03 PM »
In Kenya, a lot of people do.  It's a big deal.  Still I understand your where you are coming from.  The question is.  How do you teach about Kenyan peoples without identifying them?
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2016, 08:16:03 AM »
I don't see what is wrong with any of questions.The teaching of who is a nilote is part of curriculum in the best of universities and so why wouldn't we not teach our kids about our history.

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2016, 01:13:18 PM »
I don't see what is wrong with any of questions.The teaching of who is a nilote is part of curriculum in the best of universities and so why wouldn't we not teach our kids about our history.
It reminds a bit about PC culture in the US.  Instead of describing the lone black kid in a room as the black kid, people bend over backwards to describe the cheerful, chatty kid.  Delaying identification in the name of PC culture.

It happens in societies that got it wrong about different peoples and now find themselves trying to atone by overcorrecting.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman