Author Topic: Tunoi Tribunal Drama  (Read 6876 times)

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
Tunoi Tribunal Drama
« on: February 18, 2016, 02:48:23 PM »
Kamwana says he is missing something unspecified.  That he has asked Mutungaroo for whatever it is.  Mutungaroo says they have given kamwana everything and kamwana is lying about requesting anything from them.

Tunoi of si umeona sasa ni mimi fame may just get the last laugh. 
http://www.capitalfm.co.ke/news/2016/02/weve-given-uhuru-everything-he-needs-on-tunoi-jsc/
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline Globalcitizen12

• VIP
  • Enigma
Re: Tunoi Tribunal Drama
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2016, 02:51:10 PM »
it is in the interest of Uhuru to protect Tunoi. It is in the interest of JAP to have a weakened supreme court going into 2017 election. In case of rigging JAP will have leverage.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2016, 03:05:17 PM »
That is AG mandate. Githu belong to execute and JSC to do that exactly. I think it just some minor confusion. A storm in the tea cup.

The real battle for now is how to mend the reputation of supreme court.  The whole lot need to get somehow fired and new lot brought forward.

Offline Gumzo

• Superstar
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2016, 05:05:13 PM »
That is AG mandate. Githu belong to execute and JSC to do that exactly. I think it just some minor confusion. A storm in the tea cup.

The real battle for now is how to mend the reputation of supreme court.  The whole lot need to get somehow fired and new lot brought forward.

Now I think you are being outright dishonest
ati just some minor confusion......A storm in the tea cup

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2016, 05:29:32 PM »
Yeap. This is something that AG should sort. He was part of JSC committee and he is the principal legal advisor to president. Uhuru wants the investigation file forwarded together with other documents. I don't see any problem here.
Now I think you are being outright dishonest
ati just some minor confusion......A storm in the tea cup

Offline Gumzo

• Superstar
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2016, 06:38:58 PM »
Yeap. This is something that AG should sort. He was part of JSC committee and he is the principal legal advisor to president. Uhuru wants the investigation file forwarded together with other documents. I don't see any problem here.

Pundit,

Ati AG should sort  !!!!!

Kwani what happened to you since you left nipate ?
You seem to be reasoning at the level of a mama mboga at some rural market
How can you not know that Githu Muigai's roll in all this is to scuttle the
tribunal process  on behalf of ruling bunch of criminals  ?

The SC is compromised and the ruling criminals want it to stay that way
The Tunoi tribunal has the potential to force the whole SC  to be re constituted
with clean judges which would be a major potentially game changing disaster for the criminals in power. 

• Enigma
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2016, 06:39:43 PM »
They don't seem to have an idea what they are missing.  I think it is the beginning of saving Tunoi's skin. The next step may be the creation of a useless tribunal.  In the end, kamwana has a judge beholden to him on the SC.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2016, 06:46:39 PM »
Give it time. It not even a week. Seems like some minor confusion. President in any case has 14 days to act. I am not the guy to easily buy into conspiracy theories and controversies. And I haven't changed.

Pundit,

Ati AG should sort  !!!!!

Kwani what happened to you since you left nipate ?
You seem to be reasoning at the level of a mama mboga at some rural market
How can you not know that Githu Muigai's roll in all this is to scuttle the
tribunal process  on behalf of ruling bunch of criminals  ?

The SC is compromised and the ruling criminals want it to stay that way
The Tunoi tribunal has the potential to force the whole SC  to be re constituted
with clean judges which would be a major potentially game changing disaster for the criminals in power. 

Offline Georgesoros

• Enigma
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2016, 08:16:42 PM »
Nothing new here. Jubilee has taken over and turned it into a show. If Uhuru was serious he could have expedited this.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2016, 01:58:57 PM »

• Enigma
« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2016, 05:00:58 PM »
Look like AG Githu is indeed upto some monkey business.
http://www.nation.co.ke/news/Uhuru-Kenyatta-declines-to-form-tribunal-to-probe-Tunoi/-/1056/3087810/-/p7tt8xz/-/index.html
They have no shame.  There is even no wiggle room for this in the constitution.  Any concerns they raise, the Tribunal should be competent to deal with them.

Harriet Tubman

Offline Kadudu

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2016, 05:19:01 PM »
Does that mean if Justice Tunoi agrees to retire we will never know about the saga pf Sh200 million from Kidero?

Offline MOON Ki

• Enigma
« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2016, 05:19:14 PM »
At least this second go is better (i.e. less insulting to basic intelligence) than the first one of "files are missing".   
MOON Ki  is  Muli Otieno Otiende Njoroge arap Kiprotich
Your True Friend, Brother,  and  Compatriot.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2016, 05:23:56 PM »
I think this is an illegal and suspicious move. The president has 14 days to form a tribunal without iffs and butts. He has no discretion to say No. If AG Gitu could not convince JSC to wait over for other rulling this is complete nonsense.

The constitution expect a petition to JSC then a tribunal is formed by PORK. I am sure there is no room for president to engage JSC in ping-pong.

Form the tribunal and if mid-way Tunoi is ruled over-aged or dies; then tribunal dies.

• Enigma
« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2016, 05:26:17 PM »
I think this is an illegal and suspicious move. The president has 14 days to form a tribunal without iffs and butts. He has no discretion to say No. If AG Gitu could not convince JSC to wait over for other rulling this is complete nonsense.

The constitution expect a petition to JSC then a tribunal is formed by PORK. I am sure there is no room for president to engage JSC in ping-pong.

Form the tribunal and if mid-way Tunoi is ruled over-aged or dies; then tribunal dies.

In any case, if the offence was carried out, should it matter that the man is now retired?  Wouldn't that actually affect his eligibility for retirement benefits and the likes?

Harriet Tubman

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2016, 05:35:39 PM »
The tribunal is not a criminal process. It just for sake of removing him as a judge. The standard being very low...remember Lady Justice Baraza...being kicked out for misbehavior. Tribunal will kick out Tunoi if they can proof he had contacts with any of the litigants while the case was going on...they don't need to worry about 200M dollars.

Now for criminal part...DPP Tobiko and Police should already have launched their parrellel investigation...with a view of bringing criminal proceedings on Tunoi and Kidero. The same thing happened to Baraza who was investigated by police for assault. Police nonsensically later chose to let her go scotfree after she was fired...which was injustice to Moraa as a person.

If we had our institution working, all these are seperate processes, with even civil proceedings kicking in from interested parties.

In any case, if the offence was carried out, should it matter that the man is now retired?  Wouldn't that actually affect his eligibility for retirement benefits and the likes?

• Enigma
« Reply #16 on: February 22, 2016, 05:49:29 PM »
The tribunal is not criminal process. It just for sake of removing him as a judge. The standard being very high...remember Lady Justice Baraza...being kicked out for misbehavior. Tribunal will kick out Tunoi if they can proof he had contacts with any of the litigants while the case was going on...they don't need to worry about 200M dollars.

Now for criminal part...DPP Tobiko and Police should already have launched their parrellel investigation...with a view of bringing criminal proceedings on Tunoi and Kidero. The same thing happened to Baraza who was investigated by police for assault. Police nonsensically later chose to let her go scotfree after she was fired...which was injustice to Moraa as a person.

If we had our institution working, all these are seperate processes, with even civil proceedings kicking in from interested parties.

That makes sense.  So if he is already out, then the tribunal should be competent to establish this without input from kamwana.

Harriet Tubman

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #17 on: February 22, 2016, 05:55:27 PM »
Kamwana is engaging in speculation. Without a tribunal, then Tunoi is free to return to his job. Tunoi and Rawal are still serving as judges as their over-age case goes on. Kamwana action is nothing but illegal move meant to shield the corrupt forces from being exposed.

Kamwana probably think supreme court can be saved...I think it beyond salvage..it need to be reconstituted afresh.

That makes sense.  So if he is already out, then the tribunal should be competent to establish this without input from kamwana.

Offline Gumzo

• Superstar
« Reply #18 on: February 22, 2016, 07:31:56 PM »
Kamwana is engaging in speculation. Without a tribunal, then Tunoi is free to return to his job. Tunoi and Rawal are still serving as judges as their over-age case goes on. Kamwana action is nothing but illegal move meant to shield the corrupt forces from being exposed.

Kamwana probably think supreme court can be saved...I think it beyond salvage..it need to be reconstituted afresh.

Now you seem to be getting it

I was telling someone at nipate...........

No use speculating how its going to go from here.
The Tunoi tribunal manenoz are officially over and done with kabisa kabisa
The only thing remaining is the usual noise from the anti-development ODM Jaconist's

hapa ni Kenya.......hivo ndivo kunaendanga

Respectfully;

Next......

Offline Georgesoros

• Enigma
« Reply #19 on: February 22, 2016, 11:30:50 PM »
Uhuru has a very narrow mind. He thinks that Kenyans will continue to "akaa hivyo hivyo". This tyranny by numbers is anti development. An excellent judiciary is better that an excellent president.