Author Topic: Whistleblower Anne Waiguru Partook in the Feast  (Read 13097 times)

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
Whistleblower Anne Waiguru Partook in the Feast
« on: February 15, 2016, 11:05:13 PM »
If Josephine Kaburu is to be believed.  Josephine was apparently an unsuspecting mule.  Does this story explain why EACC would not touch Josephine with a ten foot pole, even as her flamboyant companies were placed right at the heart of the scandal?  EACC confirmed recently that they have nothing on Anne Waiguru.
http://www.nation.co.ke/news/I-shared-NYS-loot-with-Anne-Waiguru/-/1056/3078300/-/uge7ev/-/index.html
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline Georgesoros

• Enigma
Re: Whistleblower Anne Waiguru Partook in the Feast
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2016, 01:00:01 AM »
She is crooked to the hilt.

• Enigma
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2016, 06:42:44 AM »
She is crooked to the hilt.
Josephine's appears to be quite an interesting case.  A CS sets her up with a legitimate business.  Money is flowing in and she has no idea how; Waiguru's sister is apparently delivering the products; it's raining money; how does one then turn around and accuse her of defrauding wanjiku?  Is there anything illegal in that arrangement?  She has no influence on who gets the tenders.  The client is happy why should she stop?  What is she guilty of?

What about the CS?  In a more serious country, even without the corruption, I see her running into trouble with conflict of interest and related problems.  In EACC's defence, they never really interviewed Josephine Kaburu from the little I can gather.  It took a special effort and they made it. 
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline MOON Ki

• Enigma
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2016, 06:45:45 AM »
I read the lady's affidavit.   The newspapers do not appear to be reporting this in a completely accurate manner, and it seems that Kenyans are about to get hoodwinked some more.    Basically she is stating that the Sh. 791 million was paid to her companies for legitimate services, that all those supposedly involved in any fraud have few or any connections to her, that is there is any fraud it has nothing to do with her, etc. etc. etc.    Some of the statements she makes that seem incriminating of others are not really so on a careful reading.    Her goal appears to be to keep whatever money she got and to muddy the waters in the chase after others involved.
MOON Ki  is  Muli Otieno Otiende Njoroge arap Kiprotich
Your True Friend, Brother,  and  Compatriot.

Offline MOON Ki

• Enigma
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2016, 06:49:33 AM »
In EACC's defence, they never really interviewed Josephine Kaburu from the little I can gather.  It took a special effort and they made it. 

This is what her affidavit says:

94.THAT 791m was paid to my companies after delivering Road Construction Materials using valid NYS LPOs and
payments made properly .
99.THAT I have never been interrogated by the EACC in connection with the 791m worth of NYS contracts.

Here:

https://www.scribd.com/doc/299339430/210071-pdf

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2016, 07:33:05 AM »
It credible. You don't just siphon 790M without the top guy (lady). Now Tobiko and EACC have the smoking gun they need to get Waiguru.

Offline Kadudu

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2016, 02:07:14 PM »
EACC "cleared" Waiguru without even interrogating the main suspect Josephine Kabura.
What a scam.

It credible. You don't just siphon 790M without the top guy (lady). Now Tobiko and EACC have the smoking gun they need to get Waiguru.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2016, 03:04:11 PM »
I want to give them the benefit of doubt. Without Kaburu confession, there was nothing criminally linking Waiguru to this until now. Suspicion is NOT enough for EACC and Tobiko. Lots of people were similarly cleared in other investigations. We should not get into this defeatist mentality that nothing can be done by EACC, Tobiko or our courts.

Ngilu,Kamau(CS) are facing criminal charges and so are many others...EACC are now more swift and Tobiko for me has not been appreciated for the work he has been doing.

Let give EACC and Tobiko time to deal with this.

Previously they had nothing. Now they have something. By now EACC should approach Kaburu for some plea bargain....if she is willing to act as a witness for state...in exchange she returns the money and serve small time in prison.

EACC "cleared" Waiguru without even interrogating the main suspect Josephine Kabura.
What a scam.

Offline MOON Ki

• Enigma
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2016, 04:19:09 PM »
By now EACC should approach Kaburu for some plea bargain....if she is willing to act as a witness for state...in exchange she returns the money and serve small time in prison.

EACC was supposedly looking into this, but they did not bother to interview the company through whose companies was eaten?  Anyway, this is Kenya; nobody is going to prison here.

Offline jakoyo

• VIP
  • Superstar
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2016, 04:34:18 PM »
Waiguru will invoke the " double jeopardy" rule.

Offline Kadudu

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2016, 06:09:57 PM »
Nothing will happen here. Even Goldenberg cases are still in court.

I want to give them the benefit of doubt. Without Kaburu confession, there was nothing criminally linking Waiguru to this until now. Suspicion is NOT enough for EACC and Tobiko. Lots of people were similarly cleared in other investigations. We should not get into this defeatist mentality that nothing can be done by EACC, Tobiko or our courts.

• Enigma
« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2016, 08:06:38 PM »

Ngilu,Kamau(CS) are facing criminal charges and so are many others...EACC are now more swift and Tobiko for me has not been appreciated for the work he has been doing.

Let give EACC and Tobiko time to deal with this.

Previously they had nothing. Now they have something. By now EACC should approach Kaburu for some plea bargain....if she is willing to act as a witness for state...in exchange she returns the money and serve small time in prison.

What a scam.
They made a special effort to NOT interrogate Josephine.  I remember mentioning this obvious anomaly as the scandal unfolded.  Chickengate has been there for the taking for more than a year now. 

To be fair, they are not the only institution in Kenya that don't deserve the benefit of the doubt.  The entire ecology of institutions is polluted with corruption.  It's a booming mini-economy fueled by corruption.  A nobody opens a company and within months is swimming in millions public money; even when you consider she was mostly used as a conduit.

It sounds cynical, but how can you not be?  They have to re-earn the benefit of the doubt.  If I had my way, I would just disband EACC. 

If you steal too much, it's a no-brainer you can easily buy your way through the system in Kenya; Joseph Mugwanja would appear to be a perfect example in this affidavit.  That is why when they loot, they take the kitchen sink as well.

Harriet Tubman

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2016, 07:48:56 AM »
EACC have nailed many folks recently including Shollei and others.

Now they are going to re-open Waiguru files..and we should see what happens.

We cannot afford to become cynical and give up..we have to keep improving and moving forward...every little step ought to be celebrated.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma

Offline Kadudu

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2016, 03:45:42 PM »

• Enigma
« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2016, 04:48:22 PM »
Who will probe the officers probing the other officers? :D :D :D

IG of police orders probe on his officers
http://www.nation.co.ke/news/Boinnet-orders-probe-on-officers-over-NYS-scam/-/1056/3080698/-/jt7i8p/-/index.html
It's window dressing.  If it gets too hot, Mugwanja may be dropped.  Even be charged with funny charges.  And then wait for time to do its magic.

EACC is also back on Waiguru.  If enough noise is made about Chickengate, they might call Trevy Oyombra in for interrogation.

When things get hot, they shuffle their feet.  They go through motions.  You might recognize the behavior of a wayward child who wont do something unless you are literally pushing them.

Harriet Tubman

Offline Georgesoros

• Enigma
« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2016, 05:19:42 PM »
Its called forgiving. Nobody was ever prosecuted in the 2007 chaos. Lots of murderers running around

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2016, 05:46:04 PM »
I disagree. Chickengate stalled because the requested evidence had not be availed. I think the UK's serious crime office is sending them soon and we should see it going. In the meantime Trevy accounts are frozen. It a shame of course that IEBC commissioners are still in office.

As regard the police office...we have seen some efforts in vetting and wedding out the extremely corrupt ones....we saw police move with speed during Pastor Nganga and I think CID will do their job.

In short I think we are slowly turning the corner as far as the fight against impunity goes.  It might appear slow...but that is because this is big ship turning.

It's window dressing.  If it gets too hot, Mugwanja may be dropped.  Even be charged with funny charges.  And then wait for time to do its magic.

EACC is also back on Waiguru.  If enough noise is made about Chickengate, they might call Trevy Oyombra in for interrogation.

When things get hot, they shuffle their feet.  They go through motions.  You might recognize the behavior of a wayward child who wont do something unless you are literally pushing them.

• Enigma
« Reply #18 on: February 17, 2016, 09:30:55 PM »
I disagree. Chickengate stalled because the requested evidence had not be availed. I think the UK's serious crime office is sending them soon and we should see it going. In the meantime Trevy accounts are frozen. It a shame of course that IEBC commissioners are still in office.

As regard the police office...we have seen some efforts in vetting and wedding out the extremely corrupt ones....we saw police move with speed during Pastor Nganga and I think CID will do their job.

In short I think we are slowly turning the corner as far as the fight against impunity goes.  It might appear slow...but that is because this is big ship turning.

It's good to have a positive outlook.  But given history recent and ancient, I think it's obvious the joke is on us.  These guys are convinced Kenyans who think things can be done differently are fools and they keep having the last laugh. 

Just imagine how hard it is for the regular Kenyan with good ideas to even get in edgewise and contribute when you have crooks blocking the way. 

For example your IT company may have the best solutions on the planet, employing resourceful kids putting in an honest day's work, but you are not Waiguru's(or some other shady character) friend.  Instead they'll hire out a crook who will deliver hot air, employ no one, charge an arm and a leg, and share the loot.  Granted, a simplification, but it is not too far from the real picture.

I am thinking one way to go.  Outsource the process, the entire life cycle(investigations, prosecutions, trial etc) to FBI, Scotland Yard, ICC or whatever for a fee and commissions.  Kenyans can then be left to focus on more pressing issues. 

Harriet Tubman

Offline Georgesoros

• Enigma
« Reply #19 on: February 17, 2016, 10:29:56 PM »
Pundit,
The corner you are talking about must be a very long one. Four years and still turning the corner. Am an optimist but this is not one to be optimistic about. I believe in action rather than the constant warnings that bear no fruit. In my neighborhood, a tree is replaced as soon as it doesn't  bear fruit.