Author Topic: it seems like KDF has suffered Causulties in Somali  (Read 6578 times)

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
Re: it seems like KDF has suffered Causulties in Somali
« Reply #20 on: January 26, 2016, 02:31:47 PM »
We need to do two things. Get a country willing to replace kenya in those sectors...and we can remain say 50Km radius into somali..if we want to eat AMISOM money. My friend told me they are paid 150k (he is private) per month for Somali mission..which is good money for those kurutus.
They are caught between a rock and a hard place.  The big-wigs in Nairobi are enjoying AMISOM and anti-terror money.  Madobe and Kismayo based Kenyan generals likely get to participate in charcoal deals. 

The kurutus are sitting ducks; they die and there is more on the way; as long as Uncle Sam is paying.  They are fed on patriotism and an AMISOM stipend that is probably partly eaten from above.

None of the KDF frontline warriors are from a wealthy or even well off background, even though such people are in KDF.

Kenya should have distanced itself from the US terror war and made the intervention only about security.  They should be able to talk to Alshabab.

Offline gout

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #21 on: January 28, 2016, 11:26:17 AM »
two 'memorials' with no bodies yet.... not a humane way to treat the soldiers and their families
I underestimated the heartbreaks visited by hasla revolution

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #22 on: January 28, 2016, 12:02:10 PM »
Ethiopia have shown the apetite for this war..they just replaced the departing Siera Leone in Kismayu..kenya should let Ethiopians deal with Somalis..they know somali better than us. Let Prof Madobe gov in Kismayu collapse and give it to the Ethiopians.

We should retreat to our borders...and deal with Alshabaab coming in.

Offline Kadudu

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #23 on: January 28, 2016, 12:52:23 PM »
Good money but not sure how much it's worth for those in heaven or hell.

Time Kenya retreated from Somalia. There will never be peace in that country and kenya should stop playing prefect there. It's an illusion about peace making in Somalia. Only Somalians can do it themselves. The US failed, KDF will fail and AMISON will fail also.

We need to do two things. Get a country willing to replace kenya in those sectors...and we can remain say 50Km radius into somali..if we want to eat AMISOM money. My friend told me they are paid 150k (he is private) per month for Somali mission..which is good money for those kurutus.

Offline gout

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #24 on: January 28, 2016, 01:34:04 PM »
I think Al Shabaab can't last long in Somali. It should be allowed to overrun that spineless foreign supported TFG led by academics. In a few months the Somalis will be up in arms against the beheading and will come up with a sustainable organic solution. Likes of IS can't govern - they are all about beheadings.
I underestimated the heartbreaks visited by hasla revolution