Author Topic: Hullabaloo about Eurobond is bad politics gone wrong  (Read 18272 times)

Online RV Pundit

• Enigma
Hullabaloo about Eurobond is bad politics gone wrong
« on: December 04, 2015, 09:11:48 AM »
I don't see any scandal here.
http://www.nation.co.ke/news/Treasury-accounts-for-Eurobond-revenue/-/1056/2983308/-/8ow2rx/-/index.html

Offline Globalcitizen12

• VIP
  • Enigma
Re: Hullabaloo about Eurobond is bad politics gone wrong
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2015, 12:12:59 PM »
We will see. There is something fishy on the whole deal. I think money was misappropriated. If it was uhuru is in big political trouble

Offline RVtitem

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2015, 04:21:35 PM »
I also believe something is not right. That money was deposited in person accounts raises major concern.

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2015, 04:41:36 PM »
If this isn't the same information they gave PAC, then at the very least there is some explaining to do.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline Georgesoros

• Enigma
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2015, 04:56:42 PM »
Kenyans hate accountability, especially when the person questioning is from the opposition.

Offline MOON Ki

• Enigma
MOON Ki  is  Muli Otieno Otiende Njoroge arap Kiprotich
Your True Friend, Brother,  and  Compatriot.

• Enigma
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2015, 07:24:47 PM »
What I am gathering about the hullabaloo is that anything from USD 1,000,000,000,000 to USD 1,500,000,000 can't seem to be reconciled with whatever numbers the Treasury has shared thus far, in several iterations, including the latest release.  How complicated can that be?  It seems like something you could figure out on the back of a napkin. 

If we ignore the above.

The Treasury does not seem to be treating the issue with the seriousness it deserves.  Henry Rotich has said the Treasury cannot give a list of the projects financed by Eurobond.  They can only guess which projects the money was spent on.  The line ministries themselves, have no idea, because they can't identify Eurobond money which is not colored.

Put another way, nobody knows how that money was used and we should accept it and move on to other things.
The moves came as the Rotich explained why he could not give a list of projects funded with cash raised through the Eurobond. Addressing the media Friday, Rotich said Treasury could only provide a probability of the projects.
http://www.standardmedia.co.ke/article/2000184539/graft-watchdog-summons-rotich-in-eurobond-probe
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline Georgesoros

• Enigma
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2015, 01:46:48 AM »
From golden berg to sijui Nini we've been told forget and move on.
When will it end?
Meanwhile taxes on water, petrol, keeps going UP!

Offline MOON Ki

• Enigma
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2015, 03:54:22 AM »
Terminator:

I believe you are an applied-math/engineer type or something like that.   So I'm sure you'll appreciate Rotich's clarification by way of a "concrete" number:

The moves came as the Rotich explained why he could not give a list of projects funded with cash raised through the Eurobond. Addressing the media Friday, Rotich said Treasury could only provide a probability of the projects.

Still, taken as a "national method" for how a poor country monitors  the expenditure of large sums of what it borrows, some might have questions.

Offline Real P

• Mega superstar
« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2015, 04:10:20 AM »
http://www.nation.co.ke/news/Treasury-accounts-for-Eurobond-revenue/-/1056/2983308/-/8ow2rx/-/index.html

I couldn't agree more.  Advise to RAO: it is not smart to not fight a woman. Anne Waiguru war lost my confidence in RAO. He should have let Midiwo do his dirty laundry. Back to the topic, Rotich unveils how Eurobond cash was spent:

http://www.the-star.co.ke/news/how-eurobond-cash-was-spent

"Christianity is not a religion, but a personal relationship with Christ".

Offline Real P

• Mega superstar
« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2015, 04:43:57 AM »
Before I pen off, I respect RAO on his fight against corruption and second revolution.

RAO desperately needs Kaleos votes to win. Let Midiwo, Nyongo or Orengo fight Rotich and do the dirty work.

• Enigma
« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2015, 07:09:46 AM »
Terminator:

I believe you are an applied-math/engineer type or something like that.   So I'm sure you'll appreciate Rotich's clarification by way of a "concrete" number:

Still, taken as a "national method" for how a poor country monitors  the expenditure of large sums of what it borrows, some might have questions.
Yep.  It can only be accounted for vaguely.  Rotich is clearly not interested in how it was used.  He is saying that if it went to Devolution, it may have been used to dig ditches in Kibera, buy expensive condom dispensers, or stolen straightforwardly.

The different and apparently careless mistakes.  What he is really exhibiting is a cavalier attitude to the issue.  He is actually making a special effort of it.  Which makes me wonder why he wants people to think he is so careless and incompetent, when he is not.

Harriet Tubman

Offline Georgesoros

• Enigma
« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2015, 08:21:03 AM »
agreed!!
Before I pen off, I respect RAO on his fight against corruption and second revolution.

RAO desperately needs Kaleos votes to win. Let Midiwo, Nyongo or Orengo fight Rotich and do the dirty work.

Offline chiethakuodha

« Reply #13 on: December 06, 2015, 11:29:12 AM »
Before we move on, we have to take stock of where we are coming from.  All I know is the time rain started beating us in April, 2013.  It has now reached a crescendo and is pouring in torrents unknown before.  Perhaps if somebody gave me my share of the 37k soap, I may just wash my face so that I can shine my eyes on the way forward.
-------------------------------------------------------------------
"Never approach a bull from the front, a horse from the rear, or a fool from any direction".

Offline Real P

• Mega superstar
« Reply #14 on: December 06, 2015, 06:37:24 PM »

I couldn't agree more.  Advise to RAO: it is not smart to not fight fight a woman. Anne Waiguru war lost my confidence in RAO. He should have let Midiwo do his dirty laundry. Back to the topic, Rotich unveils how Eurobond cash was spent:

http://www.the-star.co.ke/news/how-eurobond-cash-was-spent

Offline Real P

• Mega superstar
« Reply #15 on: December 06, 2015, 06:45:27 PM »
The rest were deposited in offshore accounts. If ODM is seeking a joust. This might be the wrong fight

Offline Real P

• Mega superstar
« Reply #16 on: December 06, 2015, 07:00:45 PM »
agreed!!

Rotich comes from a rich vote (RV pundit) region for anyone to be playing politics with. RAO should be very careful especially that Governor Ruto is fighting the government. Isaac Ruto and Rotich are Kipsigis and are from the same region.

Offline Georgesoros

• Enigma
« Reply #17 on: December 07, 2015, 02:15:23 AM »
So, that means he's not accountable right?
What a country!!

Offline MOON Ki

• Enigma
« Reply #18 on: December 07, 2015, 02:45:32 AM »
The rest were deposited in offshore accounts. If ODM is seeking a joust. This might be the wrong fight

That would be in line with what Raila has stated or implied.   I think the questions are: in whose accounts?   for what purpose?

Offline MOON Ki

• Enigma
« Reply #19 on: December 07, 2015, 03:06:12 AM »
So, that means he's not accountable right?
What a country!!

That's how Kenya is, and that is why little ever changes.   One person (or even a small group) steals big, f**ks up, or whatever ... on a matter that is of national significance.   But right away it becomes "our people", "our man", "money has been poured to finish us".