Author Topic: Car Accident free Future is here  (Read 9852 times)

Offline Globalcitizen12

• VIP
  • Enigma
Car Accident free Future is here
« on: December 03, 2015, 01:15:14 PM »
https://www.reddit.com/r/Showerthoughts/comments/3v5q0c/my_grandkids_are_going_to_ask_the_question_you/

Can you imangine a future where there will be no accidents or accidents will just be very few like airplane accidents. I am ready for this future coz I hate driving

Offline veritas

• Enigma
Re: Car Accident free Future is here
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2015, 03:56:49 PM »
machines aren't perfect. You may produce the perfect code, but it'll only work perfect under perfect conditions. Nature can't be controlled.

Offline Globalcitizen12

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2015, 02:13:52 PM »
Think of train accidents 50 years ago what about airline accidents .technology can eliminate most of human errors and this would significantly eliminate accidents ..autonomous driving is the future

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2015, 07:57:17 PM »
I also believe that is the future, if just for the safety aspect.  A friend of mine nearly got killed a few months back.  He was driving, while eating.  A French fry fell on his shirt.  He reached for it, and the next thing he remembered was being pulled out of the wreckage.  It took almost an hour to get him out.  He had run into oncoming traffic and ended up in a head-on collision.  Broke both legs, chest and head injuries.

All for reaching for a French fry.  Yet, I have seen people do worse things.  Like texting while driving.  The roads have become dangerous for everyone, even to those who pay attention.  Because not everyone does.  Technology will be relied upon more and more to come to the rescue.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline veritas

• Enigma
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2015, 07:30:43 PM »
A french fry? Are you serious? lol but sad he broke bones. One hell of a life well lived incident though.

I just don't feel comfortable leaving everything to autopilot when driving. When I was working for road assistance call center, most calls I got for expensive cars were program malfunctions which were considered worse than actual crashes. It has to be towed to the repair center and could take weeks to months or can't be fixed like a bricked phone. They're worse than a computer breakdown because you can't restart it or bang it back to working.

Offline veritas

• Enigma
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2015, 07:37:27 PM »
Other vehicle pains were electric cars which had huge batteries taking up the whole bonnet and more expensive than the car to repair. That battery had to be replaced every couple years in the vicinity of 6 grand hence the shell life of owning an electric car for the long haul was slim. Another major problem were fuel efficient options. Biofuel ruining engines and cars. Never use biofuels because it does irrepairable long term damage to your engine.

Offline Omollo

• Enigma
  • http://www.omollosview.com
    • Omollosview
« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2015, 08:46:53 PM »
Think of train accidents 50 years ago what about airline accidents .technology can eliminate most of human errors and this would significantly eliminate accidents ..autonomous driving is the future
Actually the car I drive has many gadgets and technology that eliminate most of the common accidents.

For example it is unlikely that I can hit an object in the front or rear of the car as it will sense it and apply breaks. At night it will sense a pedestrian that I could not see and alert me and if I fail to act will take evasive action to avoid hitting the person. It has sensors to detect collision or touching of objects.

When in traffic, it will keep "eyes" on the car in front and react in case of sudden stoppage by the driver huko mbele.

There are anti theft provisions including zero key, cruise control, anti collision etc I can't list them all. Enough of boasting
... [the ICC case] will be tried in Europe, where due procedure and expertise prevail.; ... Second-guessing Ocampo and fantasizing ..has obviously become a national pastime.- NattyDread

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2015, 09:09:22 PM »
A french fry? Are you serious? lol but sad he broke bones. One hell of a life well lived incident though.

I just don't feel comfortable leaving everything to autopilot when driving. When I was working for road assistance call center, most calls I got for expensive cars were program malfunctions which were considered worse than actual crashes. It has to be towed to the repair center and could take weeks to months or can't be fixed like a bricked phone. They're worse than a computer breakdown because you can't restart it or bang it back to working.
It's early days of the technologies.  At least at ground level.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline veritas

• Enigma
« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2015, 08:41:01 AM »
It is. But rich folks have been on autopilot for awhile.

Offline veritas

• Enigma
« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2015, 08:45:26 AM »
Actually the car I drive has many gadgets and technology that eliminate most of the common accidents.

For example it is unlikely that I can hit an object in the front or rear of the car as it will sense it and apply breaks. At night it will sense a pedestrian that I could not see and alert me and if I fail to act will take evasive action to avoid hitting the person. It has sensors to detect collision or touching of objects.

When in traffic, it will keep "eyes" on the car in front and react in case of sudden stoppage by the driver huko mbele.

There are anti theft provisions including zero key, cruise control, anti collision etc I can't list them all. Enough of boasting

I think that's the norm with modern cars. Our cars have sensors for reverse parking obstacle detection, pedestrians, antitheft etc. I was talking of ferrari and maserati & other custom luxury cars whom I did road assistance for. I'm talking of autopilot cars.