Author Topic: Ben Carson: CNN is smearing me, I definitely attacked my mother with a hammer  (Read 4584 times)

Offline Real P

• Mega superstar
Oh, boy! Ben Carson is at it again.  I know there is a bunch of threads on Ben Carson already, but gosh darn this interview is surreal. He insists he stabbed a relative and attacked his mother with a hammer. The liberal media is trying to smear him by painting him as a pillar-of-the-community type, "quite, bookish, nerdy", who never hurt anyone.

What Carson did or didn't do in his teens is utterly unimportant, compared to his complete and utter ignorance of governance and objective reality.Teenage Ben Carson doesn't concern me; sixty-something year old Ben Carson does.

BTW, Baltimore police said they couldn't locate a police report on the incident due to lack of information, while Carson's campaign said "details are hazy because that incident did occur over 50 years ago."

"Christianity is not a religion, but a personal relationship with Christ".

Offline Real P

• Mega superstar
When did being an attempted murderer, or even lying about being an attempted murderer become a qualification for president?  :o

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
Hehehe....Ben should quit this race while his reputation is still somewhat intact.   He is fast starting to look like an idiot savant.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline veritas

• Enigma
Isn't there any persons better out there? None of these candidates are inspiring.

Offline veritas

• Enigma
Hehehe....Ben should quit this race while his reputation is still somewhat intact.   He is fast starting to look like an idiot savant.

Agreed. I'd like to see more scientists run for office. The world is a different place now. It requires "smarter" people. Medical doctors aren't smart. I'm talking PhDs in psychology, real scientists passionate about causes.

• Enigma

Agreed. I'd like to see more scientists run for office. The world is a different place now. It requires "smarter" people. Medical doctors aren't smart. I'm talking PhDs in psychology, real scientists passionate about causes.
It's tough.  Politics does not gel well with a scientist's mind.  It's too people oriented and thus favors legal types.  But some public offices, such as environmental or energy departments, should be reserved for people with a background in science.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline veritas

• Enigma
New generations need to be inspired. Lawyerish types no matter how smooth their tongues don't impress much anymore. People are smarter these days. So much is happening with new technologies and scientific progress. For govts to keep up they need scientists in office. That's why I say psychology types who can understand data and social dynamics. It's really not about fighting wars anymore but coming up with solutions to keep earth inhabitable. It's about the survival of our species and making hard decisions about interstellar travel. Being smart about resource allocation, laying out sustainable infrastructure. People see through corporate greed these days. I believe it's time for scientists, IT types etc. to take office. Change the world. And I really mean change the world because the world is changing quite rapidly.

Offline Real P

• Mega superstar
New generations need to be inspired. Lawyerish types no matter how smooth their tongues don't impress much anymore. People are smarter these days. So much is happening with new technologies and scientific progress. For govts to keep up they need scientists in office. That's why I say psychology types who can understand data and social dynamics. It's really not about fighting wars anymore but coming up with solutions to keep earth inhabitable. It's about the survival of our species and making hard decisions about interstellar travel. Being smart about resource allocation, laying out sustainable infrastructure. People see through corporate greed these days. I believe it's time for scientists, IT types etc. to take office. Change the world. And I really mean change the world because the world is changing quite rapidly.

Veri, I kinda agree with you. Some of the greatest leaders of our generation are or were scientists; former Premier of China Wen Jiabao is a geo-mechanical engineer, German Chancellor Angela Merkel has a doctorate in physical chemistry, and, going back to the past, the late "Iron lady", Margaret Thatcher earned a degree in chemistry. All are or were exceptional leaders. One reason intellectual, scientific politicians won't make it in United States is mostly because their approach to problems and issues often leads to conclusions that are at odds with religious and cultural beliefs.

Offline veritas

• Enigma
American leaders are too Hollywood, Harvard, money, nice smile. You could be a downright moron but if you can harness those areas- that's a winning ticket to office.

• Enigma
American leaders are too Hollywood, Harvard, money, nice smile. You could be a downright moron but if you can harness those areas- that's a winning ticket to office.
It's a two party dictatorship.  Presenting a false choice really.  Most people I have met do not fit perfectly within alleged Republican or Democrat world views.  African Americans are really conservatives(rabidly anti-gay, anti-abortion, heavily religious etc), yet they vote solidly Democrat.  I also know social liberals who are solidly Republican.  It's almost like religions.  People tend to hang where they landed without ever understanding why.

Harriet Tubman

Offline veritas

• Enigma
Two party dictatorship Lol! Even for me I'm not sure. With values I identify with Republicans, but with policies like no war, more education and health I'm Democrat.

• Enigma
Two party dictatorship Lol! Even for me I'm not sure. With values I identify with Republicans, but with policies like no war, more education and health I'm Democrat.
There is obviously many more viewpoints.  But they are completely marginalized by the two party grip.  Now both parties have recently moved right.  Which means the dems would be considered almost conservative in other western countries; Republicans are off the charts.  Parties that are neither Democrat nor Republican are generally considered fringe. 

Harriet Tubman

Offline MOON Ki

• Enigma
It's actually a good story to sell to the religious right: A lad on the path into the abyss sees the light, gets saved, turns into a wonderful healer and outstanding example of the American Dream.   Proof that going to church is good for you.
MOON Ki  is  Muli Otieno Otiende Njoroge arap Kiprotich
Your True Friend, Brother,  and  Compatriot.