Author Topic: On Jeb Bush running for president  (Read 3254 times)

Offline veritas

• Enigma
On Jeb Bush running for president
« on: September 04, 2015, 05:06:34 PM »
I'm actually liking him unfortunately...

Offline Bella

• Superstar
Re: On Jeb Bush running for president
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2015, 06:26:55 PM »
I think that were it not for his brother's blunders,  he would have made an ok president.  Certainly better than Trump or Ben Carson,  haha! He's much more centrist than right-wing,  in my view. But no way another Bush is getting it.  Funny thing,  George Bush was also very much pro immigration reform (in favour of immigrants,  not against them) but his party didn't let him have his way.  Now they have lost Latinos!  I think their best bet to retain them is Jeb Bush or Rubio combined with real and genuine immigration reform that considers immigrants real people.
Christus vincit, Christus regnat, Christus imperat; Christus ab omni malo plebem suam defendat
Christ is the victor, Christ is King, Christ is the ruler, May Christ defend His people from all evil

Offline Bella

• Superstar
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2015, 06:34:36 PM »
Veritas,  why is it unfortunate to like him?
Christus vincit, Christus regnat, Christus imperat; Christus ab omni malo plebem suam defendat
Christ is the victor, Christ is King, Christ is the ruler, May Christ defend His people from all evil

Offline Real P

• Mega superstar
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2015, 07:39:30 PM »
http://beforeitsnews.com/politics/2015/08/trump-if-im-going-down-then-bush-is-going-down-with-me-2736710.html

This is from Jeb!'s super PAC - the one that's already raised more than $100M.

Republican are scared shitless about Jeb Bush. Here is a comment from a Republican supporter:

Dems are scared of Jeb Bush too. Republicans don't know that

"Christianity is not a religion, but a personal relationship with Christ".

Offline Bella

• Superstar
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2015, 09:03:36 PM »
Trump is a pompous,  egotistical little pr***,  imo.  Reminds me a little of Kidero. Ashindwe. But he's right that Jeb simply can't beat the cloud surrounding his family name. I do not like democrats at all,  I'm convinced they are anti-Christian,  whatever platitudes to the contrary they serve the public. But I am uninterested in migrant hating morons from the right and how powerful tea-partyism has become in those quarters recently (I think tea-partyism,  if my understanding of it is not twisted,  is plain nuts.  They basically don't want government providing social safety nets,  consider taxes to be a form of "theft" by govt etc. As a poor African,  understanding how the lack of such safety nets impacts the vulnerable,  I simply cannot be party to such crazy ideas that seem to be based on nothing more than extreme selfishness.)

It's about time there were viable options among "independents" but even so,  I know they could never beat the massive machinery of both parties in an election, short of a miracle. Would be chewed up and spat out long before the election day.

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2015, 01:14:17 AM »
Bella,

You might like John Kasich.  The most sane sounding Republican.  A trait that will unfortunately work against him in that party.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline Real P

• Mega superstar
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2015, 01:51:31 AM »
Trump is a pompous,  egotistical little pr***,  imo.  Reminds me a little of Kidero. Ashindwe. But he's right that Jeb simply can't beat the cloud surrounding his family name. I do not like democrats at all,  I'm convinced they are anti-Christian,  whatever platitudes to the contrary they serve the public. But I am uninterested in migrant hating morons from the right and how powerful tea-partyism has become in those quarters recently (I think tea-partyism,  if my understanding of it is not twisted,  is plain nuts.  They basically don't want government providing social safety nets,  consider taxes to be a form of "theft" by govt etc. As a poor African,  understanding how the lack of such safety nets impacts the vulnerable,  I simply cannot be party to such crazy ideas that seem to be based on nothing more than extreme selfishness.)

It's about time there were viable options among "independents" but even so,  I know they could never beat the massive machinery of both parties in an election, short of a miracle. Would be chewed up and spat out long before the election day.

Bella, my White/Latina wife and I are democrats, but we do not support gay marriage or abortion. Most Blacks, Latinos and Asians in California are pro-family and democrats. Most important values like going to war and social injustice trumps their choices. Hence democrats (Too many wars and bloodshed. Seen a lot of cattle rustling)

I do not like democrats at all,  I'm convinced they are anti-Christian,  whatever platitudes to the contrary they serve the public.

democrats like me are not anti-Christian. I am anti-war and anti-racism.

We are a full fledged Christians. We love God and worship him. We go to Church every Sunday and Tuesday.

Offline Real P

• Mega superstar
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2015, 04:18:39 AM »
We don't support war like Iraq they way Republicans do and discrimination and violence against minorities.

Offline veritas

• Enigma
« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2015, 07:15:26 AM »
Veritas,  why is it unfortunate to like him?

Who wants to see another Bush in office? I don't think many would want to see Hillary in office either. The Democrats have done enough cultural damage with same-sex marriage. A study found even children are able to predict who will become president based on face alone. http://bigthink.com/neurobonkers/why-children-can-predict-the-outcomes-of-elections-simply-by-looking-at-candidates-faces

So long as they fit a certain profile, the higher chances of winning. Sheep don't care for policy details. For instance.. generally speaking...

Face: Good smile, trusting look
Body: Tall, somewhat slender
Race: White or at least one parent is white
School: Harvard
Personality: Strong, stubborn, positive, charismatic

Offline mya88

• Mega superstar
« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2015, 07:11:39 PM »
Trump is going nowhere. He is rich and has a little money to burn, so to him this is all a game. No serious presidential candidate would utter the things that come out of this bozo's mouth. He is promoting his TV shows and Miss world pageant shows by getting as much notoriety as he can get. On his immigration stance, isn't he married to a Russian (1st and 2nd wives). Should they be deported as well?

This Carson guy is also going nowhere fast. obviously his skills in the operating room have not translated into a politically savvy contender. Bashing blacks, as a black man has never done anyone any good. He makes people like Jeb Bush seem genius right now. He can never get my vote, that is for sure.
"We must be the change we wish to see" - Mahatma Ghandi

Offline Reticent Solipsist

• Superstar
« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2015, 08:59:00 AM »
Jeb must be thanking his lucky stars that there are so many candidates running for the Republican nomination who scatter the votes, otherwise in a straight contest with a bona fide conservative in the mold of the cerebral Ted Cruz, or were he pitted one-on-one against the reality TV candidate Trump, Jeb would be exposed in the first GOP primary. Here's a guy whose wife is Mexican, which means that redneck anti-immigration bigots in the Deep South states, say, South Carolina or Mississippi, hold him in contempt and suspicion -- a Manchurian Candidate, if you will.

Secondly, he continues trying to absolve his brother George W. Bush of blame concerning the Iraq invasion and chooses instead to blame Obama and Hillary Clinton for the problems we see in the Middle East today -- including this refugee exodus.

As I stated on a different thread, George Dubya's Iraq invasion is the biggest foreign policy blunder in American history, for which we are still paying in lost lives, damaged international standing and to our national treasure, to the tune of $3 trillion.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2015, 10:10:43 AM »
USA is ready once again to elect a fool -Donald Trump.