Author Topic: Why is Ruto campaigning for GMOs?  (Read 14390 times)

Offline vooke

• Enigma
Re: Why is Ruto campaigning for GMOs?
« Reply #20 on: August 16, 2015, 10:16:44 PM »
Am extremely skeptical of stuff that show up next to aliens,chemtrails and 911 controlled demolition theories on such sites as infowars

On the other hand, it's unfair pushing stuff on Negroes that bazungu won't touch with a 12 feet pole
2 Timothy 2:4  No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.

Offline GeeMail

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #21 on: August 17, 2015, 01:02:39 PM »
Moonki, the website that claims there is no evidence of GMO-related sicknesses equally offers no evidence that EMS is not linked to GMOs. It claims is that there were cases of EMS before GMOs came about (1986). This is spurious and misleading. Remember that GMOs have been with us longer than the contaminators are willing to admit, so the date is a ruse. You cannot dismiss a scientific publication by labeling it an urban legend. From the website I provided, we see the following information:

Over a period of years, Showa Denko had progressively introduced more genetic modifications into the bacteria used in its manufacturing process. It began using Strain V in December 1988, shortly before the EMS main outbreak in 1989.3 But according to lawyers who took on the cases of EMS sufferers, it had begun using its first genetically modified strain, Strain II, as long ago as 1984.
Celebratory violence: 2017 crime invented to justify killings to prevent Raila from becoming PORK. http://www.nipate.com/download/file.php?id=4244

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
« Reply #22 on: August 17, 2015, 01:08:47 PM »
Am extremely skeptical of stuff that show up next to aliens,chemtrails and 911 controlled demolition theories on such sites as infowars

On the other hand, it's unfair pushing stuff on Negroes that bazungu won't touch with a 12 feet pole
Bazungu eat that stuff everyday in the US.  One might as well reject modern vaccines for relying on genetic engineering.

That said, it is something that should be decided at county level.  Mkono mrefu, understandably, does not inspire much trust.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline GeeMail

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #23 on: August 17, 2015, 01:16:32 PM »
Would you rather people in Africa and the world die from hunger (I think there are more than 1 billion folks who cannot afford food) or would you rather scientist and companies like Monsanto work really hard to find cheaper food for everyone.

At least the very people will live longer as they await for "long term" effect.

Is GM food cheaper? Just another myth. When you have terminator seeds the farmer is forced to buy new seeds every time unlike before. The persons who is gaining is MonShaitan not the farmer. And the claim that GMOs make food more available is a myth. The problem of hunger is not solved by GMOs. In fact, in Kenya, we know that people often starve to death in one area when other areas actually have a surplus. The challenge is not solved by bringing in GMOs but better logistics and less corruption.

http://earthopensource.org/gmomythsandtruths/sample-page/6-feeding-world/246-2/
Celebratory violence: 2017 crime invented to justify killings to prevent Raila from becoming PORK. http://www.nipate.com/download/file.php?id=4244

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #24 on: August 17, 2015, 03:08:54 PM »

Bazungu eat that stuff everyday in the US.  One might as well reject modern vaccines for relying on genetic engineering.

That said, it is something that should be decided at county level.  Mkono mrefu, understandably, does not inspire much trust.

I think I can respect this source
http://www.apic-ak.cz/data_ak/12/v/GMOvyzkumDDB.pdf
2 Timothy 2:4  No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.

Offline MOON Ki

• Enigma
« Reply #25 on: August 17, 2015, 04:08:32 PM »
Moonki, the website that claims there is no evidence of GMO-related sicknesses equally offers no evidence that EMS is not linked to GMOs.

First, it was not my intention to offer that link as a source of proof that there is no link.  I simply gave it as one example of an alternative view.   One can find any number of such views there, and the mere fact that one of them is problematic cannot be taken as definitive.

Second, your line of reasoning reminds of an incident during the hunt for WMDs in Iraq.   When it finally became clear that nothing would be found, Donald Rumsfield came up with a good line:

"Absence of proof is not proof of absence".

That is certainly true enough, but it is little more than an artful dodge; in most cases, it is for those who make a claim to provide the evidence.    In this particular case, it is for those who claim the link to provide the evidence and not get into the peculiar reasoning of:

"You haven't shown that the link doesn't exist, therefore it must exist".

On the basis of such reasoning, we might as well claim that Martians used to look normal until GM food turned them into little green people with spiky purple hair.
MOON Ki  is  Muli Otieno Otiende Njoroge arap Kiprotich
Your True Friend, Brother,  and  Compatriot.

Offline RV Kirgit

• Enigma
« Reply #26 on: October 03, 2022, 09:01:17 PM »
Finally Ruto unlish GMO on Kenyans...

https://www.the-star.co.ke/news/2022-10-03-ruto-lifts-ban-on-gmo-products/

Meanwhile kenyans are busy gossiping about freemasons....

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #27 on: October 03, 2022, 09:14:58 PM »
GREAT DAY INDEED
Ruto has been supporting GMOS for quite some time. I also happen to share Ruto sentiments. People who are NOT SCIENTIST should go slow on technical details of GMO. If there is proper research done by reputable institution that shows GMO is not safe for consumption...go ahead and show us.

Otherwise we have been on GMO for nearly 6,000 yrs now....from the day we started domesticating goats, sheeps, and cows...and through in-breeding have produce mutants that cannot mate with their wild cousins...and the same is true for many crops.

If some folks are scared...just label the food GMO and some of us will not mind buying and eating them.

Offline RV Kirgit

• Enigma
« Reply #28 on: October 03, 2022, 09:17:34 PM »

Offline RV Kirgit

• Enigma
« Reply #29 on: October 03, 2022, 09:21:15 PM »

Offline sema

• Enigma
« Reply #30 on: October 04, 2022, 06:25:51 PM »
If some folks are scared...just label the food GMO and some of us will not mind buying and eating them.

This is the problem.  It won't be done in Kenya and for people that want to avoid GMO's (I personally believe they are dangerous) they won't know.

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
« Reply #31 on: October 04, 2022, 08:27:24 PM »

This is the problem.  It won't be done in Kenya and for people that want to avoid GMO's (I personally believe they are dangerous) they won't know.

What's your evidence?  In the US, almost everything you are eating is so-called GMO(they label non-GMO :D), and I don't see any problems(perhaps except bigger than normal size food items).
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman