Author Topic: Youth engaged in NYS projects paid Sh164m weekly  (Read 3258 times)

Offline Kadudu

• VIP
  • Enigma
Youth engaged in NYS projects paid Sh164m weekly
« on: July 28, 2015, 03:03:35 PM »
Makes 8.5B Ksh. in a year. I hope this cash can be accounted for and there something to show of these "projects".
Would it not be wise to utilise this cash and build county polytecnics like there was once Kenya Polytechnic and  Mombasa Polytechnic?
Knowing Kenya, after 2-3 years we may have youths used to freebies and they will demand it continues with or without the projects.

http://www.nation.co.ke/news/Youth--NYS-projects-paid-Sh164m-weekly/-/1056/2811834/-/o02vycz/-/index.html

Offline Georgesoros

• Enigma
Re: Youth engaged in NYS projects paid Sh164m weekly
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2015, 03:45:34 PM »
they throw money out there without planning. Soon it has to be repaid. Public works projects will be the best place for this money.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2015, 04:23:27 PM »
Another Kazi kwa Vijana potential scam. I think they should focus on service delivery. NYS should build roads, bridges, sewages and leave this idea of paying youths to ran posho mills.

Offline Kadudu

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2015, 10:01:14 PM »
I think where people are going wrong is mistaking NYS and the socalled "NYS youths". NYS are the people who go through the basic recruitment programme and graduate then after embark to learn a craftmanship. The NYS youths and these are the ones being paid billions in a year are unlearned youths who have no employment. These are the ones today seenwearing the green NYS t-shirts and have no contract as such with the NYS. Their services can be terminated on the spot. Now these cannotbe expected to build bridges and roads.

Hence the 8.5B Ksh is being used to clear trenches, cut grass and clean the streets. How long this honeymoon will last is at the behest of now Uhuru and his Ka-Sweetie. One thing I can say this is not the last time we will be hearing of these projects.

Are we trully getting value for our money?

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2015, 11:10:50 PM »
If I had my way, I would scrap devolution ministry and hand out the money to the counties.  Let the people decide what they need.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline Georgesoros

• Enigma
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2015, 01:31:26 AM »
Well said termie but counties are themselves not qualified. They are full of illiterates who don't know what the word policy means

Offline Kadudu

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2015, 09:34:10 AM »
Of course that should be the most reasonable way to go.
Our problem is the TNA part of govt does not believe in devolution. Even CS Waiguru in her NYS projects chooses to work with MPs instead of with the governors. Another example is the Ministry of Health that has a much higher budget than what is allocated for health services to the counties. What an irony since health services are supposed to have been devolved.

If I had my way, I would scrap devolution ministry and hand out the money to the counties.  Let the people decide what they need.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2015, 09:39:38 AM »
Yes something is wrong somewhere. Functions that were devolved should be devolved. The failure is not really with TNA as much as it is with parliament. They parliament makes the budget and they've never hidden their collective wivu for governors getting nearly 30 times what they get to steal in CDF.

With the new dispensation, executive do not make the budget. It Mps who makes the budget and they are not going to get over their wivu with governors soon. Most of them are all geared to ran for governorship. One would hope they would first make sure the current governors have enough resources and powers..before they replace them.

Of course that should be the most reasonable way to go.
Our problem is the TNA part of govt does not believe in devolution. Even CS Waiguru in her NYS projects chooses to work with MPs instead of with the governors. Another example is the Ministry of Health that has a much higher budget than what is allocated for health services to the counties. What an irony since health services are supposed to have been devolved.

Offline Kadudu

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2015, 11:53:23 AM »
Of course all have seen that next to PORK, governor is the most sought job out there. Senators are the biggest jokers and next will follow the MPs who will see CDF being snatched from them accordlingly with the constituition.
Now these blind MPs would all love to go for governorship but are too blind to see that they should clear the way first before landing there and getting the same obstacles they set. I think MCA in the next election will be more fought than MP. MCAs are holding the governors by their balls and can dictate which development projects should be implemented mashinani. MPs hve only the national budget to hold the national executive ransom.

Yes something is wrong somewhere. Functions that were devolved should be devolved. The failure is not really with TNA as much as it is with parliament. They parliament makes the budget and they've never hidden their collective wivu for governors getting nearly 30 times what they get to steal in CDF.

With the new dispensation, executive do not make the budget. It Mps who makes the budget and they are not going to get over their wivu with governors soon. Most of them are all geared to ran for governorship. One would hope they would first make sure the current governors have enough resources and powers..before they replace them.

Offline gout

• VIP
  • Enigma
I underestimated the heartbreaks visited by hasla revolution

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2015, 01:30:48 PM »
Classic definition of myopia. Mpigs should get over their wivu and make devolution really big...so next time they don't like to line up for hand outs from UhuRuto. I think we need to scrap Senate. It plain useless. Or maybe not scrap it but suspend it until we need it. Say when we find some job for them.

Having 47 centers of power and resources is good for everyone. Nairobi is too big to be rein on.

Of course all have seen that next to PORK, governor is the most sought job out there. Senators are the biggest jokers and next will follow the MPs who will see CDF being snatched from them accordlingly with the constituition.
Now these blind MPs would all love to go for governorship but are too blind to see that they should clear the way first before landing there and getting the same obstacles they set. I think MCA in the next election will be more fought than MP. MCAs are holding the governors by their balls and can dictate which development projects should be implemented mashinani. MPs hve only the national budget to hold the national executive ransom.