Author Topic: Pundito, Safcon vs Eqweety  (Read 5013 times)

Offline vooke

• Enigma
Pundito, Safcon vs Eqweety
« on: September 10, 2014, 10:20:30 AM »

From the way Safcon is trying all manner of tricks to stop Eqweety's thin/slim SIMs, I think I agree with jaymo, that Kung Fu technology is a gamechanger.

look, the only reason You/Zain freebies don't impress no substantial negroes to ditch Safcon is because they entail buying a new handset or dumping your old Safcon line( something you have had for eons).

Enter Eqweety SIM interposer and you can access your Safcon menu/line and Eqweety's freebies at NO cost on the same handset. All I need is to open an account with Eqweety, something they now do over the phone, and I have Safcon and Eqweety on my device.

If you MPesa me 20K, I deposit it to my Eqweety a/c instantly for free and withdraw from the nearest ATM/agent at less than 50 bob. I can also deposit it into ANY MPesa number at little/no cost. This is why Safcon is paranoid. If this thing sails through, MPesa commissions will disappear overnight. Or the insanely high fees will come down

Jaymo is a shrubbing Okoyu genius
2 Timothy 2:4  No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.

Offline Mr Mansfield.

• VIP
  • Mega superstar
Re: Pundito, Safcon vs Eqweety
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2014, 10:34:51 AM »
Thats what i was telling you in February,MVNOs with infrastructure sharing thing will be a game changer,infact safaricom shares are over valued,equity has given more returns this year interms of earnings and share price and will continue to do so,

Without Prejudice.

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2014, 10:44:05 AM »
Infrastructure sharing is not the issue am afraid. Safcon can always overcharge for using its infrastructure and remain compettitive

The key thing here is a customer gets multiple transfer options at ZERO cost. Obviously they will pick the cheapest.

A 50% excise duty on Keg killed it effectively. Negro is price sensitive and they will migrate in droves from Safcon to Eqweety

But accessing your millions from your phone is dangerous. What if you was carjacked?

Thats what i was telling you in February,MVNOs with infrastructure sharing thing will be a game changer,infact safaricom shares are over valued,equity has given more returns this year interms of earnings and share price and will continue to do so,

Without Prejudice.
2 Timothy 2:4  No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.

Offline Mintos

• VIP
  • Superstar
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2014, 12:03:04 PM »
the issue is about the accessibility of data by third parties using that thin-sim bwana. when you receive or make calls how sure are you that your primary sim card info is not being copied to the other sim? How does your phone by pass the thin-sim to access your primary sim card when you want to call or SMS or deal with M-pesa? I also don't think any operator would allow another operator to add something on to their sim cards that has potential to interfere.

That thin-sim tech has not been fully researched. These MPs will eventually allow Equity to operate as proposed obviously for political reasons (in any case CAK has given the OK even though they haven't addressed fully the thin-sim issues).

What was theri response to this?  http://allafrica.com/stories/201408261235.html

Offline Mintos

• VIP
  • Superstar

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2014, 01:13:51 PM »
This is going nowhere except maybe to the same 6M equity clients.Why on earth would i suddenly open an Equity Account. Equity proposition remain inferior to ever ubiquitous M-pesa,Lipa na Mpesa and Mshwari..and hundreds of apps that depend on the ever ubiquitous m-pesa. People do not want to know about Equity or CBA..they are used to abstraction that safaricom provide.

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2014, 01:43:15 PM »
Am no techie but I would say that it is next to impossible for the interposer to collect and send data from your phone without your consent

Thing is the risk is being magnified 10 times

the issue is about the accessibility of data by third parties using that thin-sim bwana. when you receive or make calls how sure are you that your primary sim card info is not being copied to the other sim? How does your phone by pass the thin-sim to access your primary sim card when you want to call or SMS or deal with M-pesa? I also don't think any operator would allow another operator to add something on to their sim cards that has potential to interfere.

That thin-sim tech has not been fully researched. These MPs will eventually allow Equity to operate as proposed obviously for political reasons (in any case CAK has given the OK even though they haven't addressed fully the thin-sim issues).

What was theri response to this?  http://allafrica.com/stories/201408261235.html

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2014, 01:46:29 PM »
You would if you are a serious MPesa user.
I do an average of 70K 24/6  for a side biz and I know the transaction costs are prohibitive
Once I tried to move 140K and it was chaotic

THis technology simply means your infatuation with Safcon proceeds uninterrupted while you access cheaper services
Next thing for Equity is to make account opening as paperless & fast as possible

This is going nowhere except maybe to the same 6M equity clients.Why on earth would i suddenly open an Equity Account. Equity proposition remain inferior to ever ubiquitous M-pesa,Lipa na Mpesa and Mshwari..and hundreds of apps that depend on the ever ubiquitous m-pesa. People do not want to know about Equity or CBA..they are used to abstraction that safaricom provide.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2014, 01:56:57 PM »
Simply use lipa na mpesa...yes for equity customers...that will be their mobile banking application....but you'll realize you're going to be trading or do business with many non-equity bank...and this is where mpesa come in as bridge. Think ubiquitous.
You would if you are a serious MPesa user.
I do an average of 70K 24/6  for a side biz and I know the transaction costs are prohibitive
Once I tried to move 140K and it was chaotic

THis technology simply means your infatuation with Safcon proceeds uninterrupted while you access cheaper services
Next thing for Equity is to make account opening as paperless & fast as possible