Author Topic: Fake fight against graft seem to have to come to screeching halt  (Read 4815 times)

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
When the sacred cow Waiguru was ensnared.
http://www.nation.co.ke/news/politics/Raila-clashes-with-Uhuru-over-Waiguru/-/1064/2765648/-/ydwyf4/-/index.html

Now they all can resume eating.

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
Re: Fake fight against graft seem to have to come to screeching halt
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2015, 10:56:15 AM »
It's a matter of time before CID gives a clean bill of health to the shenanigans.  They just need to frame it right.

When you consider the letterheads of the documents we have been shown thus far, CID and Devolution, all are Office Of The President.

They are doing their best to ensure that the ineffective EACC does not even wake up on this scam.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2015, 11:27:38 AM »
Yes curiously they didn't want EACC involved. They choose the CID. The statement by Statehouse is a coded message for CID and EACC to go slow. That is essentially my beef.Uhuru once again abuse power to protect a sacred cow.
It's a matter of time before CID gives a clean bill of health to the shenanigans.  They just need to frame it right.

When you consider the letterheads of the documents we have been shown thus far, CID and Devolution, all are Office Of The President.

They are doing their best to ensure that the ineffective EACC does not even wake up on this scam.

Offline Kadudu

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2015, 11:54:21 AM »
That fight against graft never even existed. Even CS "Radison Blue" Kamau will go scott free although fresh evidence shows the guy favoured one company to get most major contracts overseeing the construction of road projecs through mainly Chinese contractors since 2007 when Kamau became PS. The firm also has the SGR overseeing contract in the pocket.

A document seen by the Nation shows that Apec Ltd has been awarded at least 20 mega contracts since 2007 when Mr Kamau was Transport permanent secretary.

More tenders were awarded to the company after he became cabinet secretary.

The document shows the cost of the.

http://www.nation.co.ke/news/CS-Kamaus-link-with-firm--now-falls-under-scrutiny/-/1056/2765630/-/146snvpz/-/index.html

Offline Reticent Solipsist

• Superstar
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2015, 11:55:41 AM »

This is incredibly Orwellian -- but then again, they (or is it Uhuru sans Ruto) have a carte blanche courtesy of a vast population of gullible voters from their core ethnic constituencies.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2015, 01:55:20 PM »
Radisson Blue Kamau really ate for long under radar.
That fight against graft never even existed. Even CS "Radison Blue" Kamau will go scott free although fresh evidence shows the guy favoured one company to get most major contracts overseeing the construction of road projecs through mainly Chinese contractors since 2007 when Kamau became PS. The firm also has the SGR overseeing contract in the pocket.

A document seen by the Nation shows that Apec Ltd has been awarded at least 20 mega contracts since 2007 when Mr Kamau was Transport permanent secretary.

The document shows the cost of the.

http://www.nation.co.ke/news/CS-Kamaus-link-with-firm--now-falls-under-scrutiny/-/1056/2765630/-/146snvpz/-/index.html

Offline Georgesoros

• Enigma
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2015, 04:15:39 PM »
We won't get the bill for theese eating until way after they leave office.
KCB sounded the alarm, and Kenyatta sent in the CID - headed by his henchman. They will clear the NYS and things will be OK.
Waiguru is the one cleaning the place???
Never heard of NYS being loot till she took over.

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2015, 04:53:07 PM »

The document shows the cost of theengineering designs, .

Whenever I criticize Negroes over Thika Road design, am hastily dismissed since it was the Chinese who did It. We are light years away from entrusting the Negro with changing the lightbulb let alone design a highway.....especially in the light of our mega-corruption malady
2 Timothy 2:4  No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.

Offline Omollo

• Enigma
  • http://www.omollosview.com
    • Omollosview
« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2015, 08:41:32 PM »
Waiguru is just in a hurry to meet her quarter for the Campaign Chest.
... [the ICC case] will be tried in Europe, where due procedure and expertise prevail.; ... Second-guessing Ocampo and fantasizing ..has obviously become a national pastime.- NattyDread

Offline Georgesoros

• Enigma
« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2015, 06:01:57 PM »
There is no urgency in dealing with govt robbers, only those who steal chicken.

Offline Omollo

• Enigma
    • Omollosview
« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2015, 01:17:37 AM »
URP is breaking ranks. Keter just called for her to quit. I think the Rugut issue never healed.
... [the ICC case] will be tried in Europe, where due procedure and expertise prevail.; ... Second-guessing Ocampo and fantasizing ..has obviously become a national pastime.- NattyDread

• Enigma
« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2015, 03:22:34 AM »
URP is breaking ranks. Keter just called for her to quit. I think the Rugut issue never healed.
Omollo,

Even if they are.  It would just be because their thieves are "being taken to the cleaners".  It's just politics.  They have no real problem with corruption.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline Omollo

• Enigma
    • Omollosview
« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2015, 01:02:19 PM »
I am well aware that for a Kale Politician, defending Waiguru after Rugut and Kaittany is close to treason against the Kalenjin Nation. The thing is GEMA usually has no backbone. They rely on URP. Once URP steps aside and their backs are exposed. they panic. If URP continues, Uhuru will drop Waiguru fast.

Sadly, it is not in CORD's interest for Waiguru to go. It would kill the momentum. I hope they sustain the calls for her to go so that Uhuru's hubris will prevent him from using his brains. They should make it look like firing Waiguru is a capitulation to Raila.
Omollo,

Even if they are.  It would just be because their thieves are "being taken to the cleaners".  It's just politics.  They have no real problem with corruption.

• Enigma
« Reply #13 on: June 29, 2015, 05:04:46 PM »
I am well aware that for a Kale Politician, defending Waiguru after Rugut and Kaittany is close to treason against the Kalenjin Nation. The thing is GEMA usually has no backbone. They rely on URP. Once URP steps aside and their backs are exposed. they panic. If URP continues, Uhuru will drop Waiguru fast.

Sadly, it is not in CORD's interest for Waiguru to go. It would kill the momentum. I hope they sustain the calls for her to go so that Uhuru's hubris will prevent him from using his brains. They should make it look like firing Waiguru is a capitulation to Raila.
Omollo,

I see CORD as just another jubilee without the power.  I don't sense  much difference in what would pass for their values.  Kenya is their playground as much as it is jubilee's.  It's a symbiosis of sorts.

Waiguru will be unscathed, apparently.  only because the political class has an unspoken agreement to let such things slide.  Everybody is a thief would appear to the be mantra.

in any case, this was only attempted fraud.  If worse things have been forgotten with time, this will be over in a few days.  Weeks max.

Harriet Tubman

Offline Omollo

• Enigma
    • Omollosview
« Reply #14 on: June 29, 2015, 05:18:22 PM »
I see CORD as just another jubilee without the power.  I don't sense  much difference in what would pass for their values.  Kenya is their playground as much as it is jubilee's.  It's a symbiosis of sorts.

Waiguru will be unscathed, apparently.  only because the political class has an unspoken agreement to let such things slide.  Everybody is a thief would appear to the be mantra.

in any case, this was only attempted fraud.  If worse things have been forgotten with time, this will be over in a few days.  Weeks max.
Waiguru understood how politics work. She dished out money generously. I think Kaittany could have taught her a useful lesson early enough. The group of politicians, civil servants and system aparatchiks  she has cobbled together to come to her defense in exchange for favors not least money is too strong for now. She will go when she runs out of money; The Competition converts and adopts some of those in her group or she loses the support of Uhuru.

The Uhuru support is very important. You saw how a mere jibe at Sonko started his way to bankruptcy. He is reduced to following Ruto - something he was loathe to be seen doing. If anything he wanted Ruto to come to his office.

There is no such thing as "attempted fraud" that is not criminal. Any attempted crime is as criminal as one fully carried out. There are clear laws defining it and prescribing punishment.

Note that the whistle was blown before these were effectuated. How about payments already made to Mutahi Ngunyi and his many companies? Were the services procured openly? Delve deeper in the matter and you will sense that 700 million was just a tip of the iceberg.

Waiguru demanded 5 billion before the budget. She got 4 B and it was gone in a week. Where???

Offline MOON Ki

• Enigma
« Reply #15 on: June 29, 2015, 05:37:48 PM »

Same view here.   There is little evidence to suggest that a CORD government could and would radically change Kenya.    There are many who still have a great deal of faith in Raila, but I have my doubts: he has made, and continues to make, too many costly mistakes; his continual "we wuz robbed" obsessions, but without positive changes, suggests an inability to simply learn from the past and move on; and he seems unable to shake off a thoroughly crappy lot of advisors and hangers-on.    He will go down in Kenyan history as coulda-shoulda-mighta, but never was.

(With apologies to Omollo.) 
MOON Ki  is  Muli Otieno Otiende Njoroge arap Kiprotich
Your True Friend, Brother,  and  Compatriot.

Offline Georgesoros

• Enigma
« Reply #16 on: June 29, 2015, 05:45:11 PM »
Agreed with you all. CORD is another Jubilee that is not in power. Political class is well entreched for any Kenyan gain. Doomed as a dodo. There will only be two Kenya systems - the haves and have nots. Those who can afford 10million gifts and those who cant afford 100 busfare. As long as the population remains uneducated that will only worsen.

Offline Omollo

• Enigma
    • Omollosview
« Reply #17 on: June 29, 2015, 06:45:52 PM »
Same view here.   There is little evidence to suggest that a CORD government could and would radically change Kenya.    There are many who still have a great deal of faith in Raila, but I have my doubts: he has made, and continues to make, too many costly mistakes; his continual "we wuz robbed" obsessions, but without positive changes, suggests an inability to simply learn from the past and move on; and he seems unable to shake off a thoroughly crappy lot of advisors and hangers-on.    He will go down in Kenyan history as coulda-shoulda-mighta, but never was.

(With apologies to Omollo.) 
MK

Even if it were not true that we were robbed twice (something you know is impossible to even imagine), we need that to keep our constituency united. I guess you can say that is one mistake Raila has not made.

As for mistakes, we all do make them. Raila's biggest mistake was to trust Mudavadi and adopt the Handouts-Kid's hatred of Ruto leading to his separation from his Kalenjin constituency! If he keeps him at bay and if he manages to rope in Ngilu alongside Kalonzo, Uhuru can dish a billion per matumbo politician, this thing is ours.

That said, Corruption, Robbery and Drug Cartels are present in both CORD and Jubilee. I admitted that a long time ago. They are investors of sorts and they spread their portfolio just incase. Many dish money to both sides in equal measure, tilting towards one side when the winner is apparent. There will need to be great courage to overcome them.

I trust that Raila will do the right thing.

Crappy advisers: Who does not have his share of them? When Abdikadir advises Uhuru to subordinate the Auditor General to the PSC so he can stuff the body with GEMA, contrary to the constitution, what do you think?

He could have beaten CORD by accepting talks and appointing some CORD people in to government and completely emasculated us. He gave us a life line by refusing! Did he think of that on his own? Of course not!

He won the ICC but at what cost? He would have to undertake another round of killings to cover up. Charles Taylor killed and killed. He wiped the witness pool dry ... or so he thought!