Author Topic: Waiguru Paid 40M to "Ms Things of Desire"  (Read 11923 times)

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
Re: Waiguru Paid 40M to "Ms Things of Desire"
« Reply #20 on: June 25, 2015, 07:26:54 PM »
Esipisu comes out guns blazing in defense of Waiguru.  It looks like they will live and die by the stolen password narrative.  Has CID completed investigations?

https://soundcloud.com/starvoices/state-house-spokesman-manoah-esipisu-defends-waiguru-over-corruption-at-nys

It would be interesting to see the overall layout of IFMIS?
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline MOON Ki

• Enigma
« Reply #21 on: June 25, 2015, 11:00:07 PM »
Esipisu comes out guns blazing in defense of Waiguru.  It looks like they will live and die by the stolen password narrative.  Has CID completed investigations?

It's a particularly dumb line, but perhaps it fits with our culture, in which the top boss supposedly always has the power and authority to do anything and everything.

Elsewhere, it would be hard to sell the line that Waiguru would have free access to the financial side of the ministry's system (if that is the story) or free access to tinker with the software (if that is the story). 

The incident also puts paid to a questionable idea that folks are increasingly swallowing in Kenya---that corruption can be tamed just by using technology and without accounting for the moral deficits in the country.  In reality, and as a general rule, technology will never be "better" than the people using it.

There will also be another consequences to the successful selling of this password story: Kenyans engaged in similar mischief will now have a handy and nationally-approved excuse.
MOON Ki  is  Muli Otieno Otiende Njoroge arap Kiprotich
Your True Friend, Brother,  and  Compatriot.

• Enigma
« Reply #22 on: June 26, 2015, 12:15:27 AM »

It's a particularly dumb line, but perhaps it fits with our culture, in which the top boss supposedly always has the power and authority to do anything and everything.

Elsewhere, it would be hard to sell the line that Waiguru would have free access to the financial side of the ministry's system (if that is the story) or free access to tinker with the software (if that is the story). 

The incident also puts paid to a questionable idea that folks are increasingly swallowing in Kenya---that corruption can be tamed just by using technology and without accounting for the moral deficits in the country.  In reality, and as a general rule, technology will never be "better" than the people using it.

There will also be another consequences to the successful selling of this password story: Kenyans engaged in similar mischief will now have a handy and nationally-approved excuse.
Technology can actually foster the vice once the people become familiar with its nooks and crannies.  In the wrong hands, it's just like any other tool.

If I were the CID I would have laser focus on the people whose passwords "were stolen", unless I have a very good reason to suspect outsiders.  Then Waiguru.  Then the "suppliers" Josephine Kabura Irungu, Peter Omari Otwoma, Caroline Njambi Kinuthia; they are yet to record a statement to the best of my knowledge.

Asking me to look anywhere else one might as well close the case and move on.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline MOON Ki

• Enigma
« Reply #23 on: June 26, 2015, 04:35:24 AM »

Offline Georgesoros

• Enigma
« Reply #24 on: June 26, 2015, 04:39:43 PM »
This is what happens when you have MPIGS and the executive sleeping together

The next step is to lose everything:

http://www.nation.co.ke/news/No-backup-for-financial-system/-/1056/2765640/-/94mdkrz/-/index.html

Great IT-system planning.

Offline gout

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #25 on: July 03, 2015, 05:07:54 PM »
untouchable ghosts with quite innovative names ...no faces yet
I underestimated the heartbreaks visited by hasla revolution

Offline Reticent Solipsist

• Superstar
« Reply #26 on: July 08, 2015, 10:43:16 AM »

As they would say in the streets: Waiguru ain't goin' nowhere. By continually harping about this lady the Kenyan opposition shows just how clueless it is. And I find it interesting that she honed her management skills in the much vilified world of the "evil society" by way of Transparency International.

The target should be about corruption in government, generally speaking -- talk about the head honcho Uhuru abbeting corruption in this NYS saga -- nepotism, tenders, skewed appointments of the officer corps and enlisted folks at NYS, etc. And something else of note is this one character, Tony Gathecha, who was awarded the tender to supply powdered milk at 50 million Shillings, is he per chance Uhuru's relative? And did Brookside supply the milk?

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #27 on: July 08, 2015, 10:53:09 AM »
Turn out Transcend Media  which got contracts is owned by ODM leaning KJ and Odinga daughter Rosemary.

Maybe Waiguru is innocent after all.

Offline sitting bull

• Superstar
« Reply #28 on: July 08, 2015, 12:46:51 PM »
Little wonder rosemary is going after the kibra seat with such vigour. But am sure she will be rejected by the electorate

• Enigma
« Reply #29 on: July 08, 2015, 03:53:09 PM »
Turn out Transcend Media  which got contracts is owned by ODM leaning KJ and Odinga daughter Rosemary.

The innocence should easy to establish if she "steps aside" and permits unfettered "investigations".

Weeks later we still have not heard a peep about the strange companies and individuals behind them. 

Given that this is public domain information, you would think they would at least "record a statement".

There is a stink that will take more than allusions to Raila or Waiguru assertions of innocence to clear.

Harriet Tubman

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #30 on: July 08, 2015, 04:04:39 PM »
Assume the due process is what Uhuru established...then Waiguru cannot resign yet. You would expect EACC to formally open investigation first.

Why EACC and DPP have yet to say a word on this is an indica that someone high up (Uhuru maybe) may  have put brakes on that..to save Waiguru. Mt Kenya mps certainly tried to politized EACC and DPP job after Kamau was charged.

But let wait and see. I prefer to remain open-minded. It would be tragic to imagine the Independent EACC and DPP have already been intimidated or corrupted. That would be more tragic than Waiguru alleged heist.It would turn back the little momentum Uhuru had.

Uhuru I think did well by suspending 170 officials including cabinet secretaries. That was unprecedented in the scale. Let hope he has not backtracked.

The innocence should easy to establish if she "steps aside" and permits unfettered "investigations".

Weeks later we still have not heard a peep about the strange companies and individuals behind them. 

Given that this is public domain information, you would think they would at least "record a statement".

There is a stink that will take more than allusions to Raila or Waiguru assertions of innocence to clear.

• Enigma
« Reply #31 on: July 08, 2015, 04:17:21 PM »
Assume the due process is what Uhuru established...then Waiguru cannot resign yet. You would expect EACC to formally open investigation first.

Why EACC and DPP have yet to say a word on this is an indica that someone high up (Uhuru maybe) may  have put brakes on that..to save Waiguru.

But let wait and see. I prefer to remain open-minded. It would be tragic to imagine the Independent EACC and DPP have already been intimidated. That would be more tragic than Waiguru alleged heist.

Uhuru I think did well by suspending 170 officials including cabinet secretaries. That was unprecedented in the scale. Let hope he has not backtracked.

They won't step in.  It was only an attempted heist.  I am not so much justifying it as going through EACC logic circuits.

My assumption is that whoever stole the passwords must be very tight with these named supplier companies.

I haven't seen anything to suggest the individuals behind these companies have received as much as a phone call from CID almost a month into the investigation.

Harriet Tubman

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #32 on: July 08, 2015, 04:39:34 PM »
EACC has wide mandate to step in. Unless they only depend on whistle blowers, I would expect they can step in and sniff around, and if there is prima facia evidence, they can open a file, Then NYC or Waiguru can step aside.

The password for me is a side issues that seem designed to distract folks. This is copy from Angoleasing. No money was stolen we heard from twisted mouth Kiraitu.

The issue is someone need to audit the contracts that already went through with right passwords. How was the consultancy fee that was paid to Mutahi arrived at? Most people think it was insane to give him 40m for 5 bullet point report.

This is esp critical because NYS has got substantial vote of 25b this year. That is the mandate of EACC.

They won't step in.  It was only an attempted heist.  I am not so much justifying it as going through EACC logic circuits.

My assumption is that whoever stole the passwords must be very tight with these named supplier companies.

I haven't seen anything to suggest the individuals behind these companies have received as much as a phone call from CID almost a month into the investigation.

Offline Omollo

• Enigma
  • http://www.omollosview.com
    • Omollosview
« Reply #33 on: July 08, 2015, 05:19:40 PM »
Then the matter should be brought in the open. If Rosemary is found to be culpable, what better opportunity to test his father's resolve than to watch him stay away as his daughter faces what he wants for Waiguru.

I do not take kindly to the sons and daughters of politicians cashing in on corruption and then expecting us to support them as if everything is in order. If anything I would be harder on her than Waiguru.

... [the ICC case] will be tried in Europe, where due procedure and expertise prevail.; ... Second-guessing Ocampo and fantasizing ..has obviously become a national pastime.- NattyDread

Offline MOON Ki

• Enigma
« Reply #34 on: July 08, 2015, 05:28:29 PM »
All the clever folks in Kenya are eating off the dim ones.   Look at the Molasses plant.

• Enigma
« Reply #35 on: July 09, 2015, 01:23:35 PM »
Why EACC and DPP have yet to say a word on this is an indica that someone high up (Uhuru maybe) may  have put brakes on that..to save Waiguru. Mt Kenya mps certainly tried to politized EACC and DPP job after Kamau was charged.

But let wait and see. I prefer to remain open-minded. It would be tragic to imagine the Independent EACC and DPP have already been intimidated or corrupted. That would be more tragic than Waiguru alleged heist.It would turn back the little momentum Uhuru had.
For independence, I believe that is already history.  It would have helped to have strong personalities to start off as leaders in those institutions.

For instance, it never even registered to Kimaiyo that the police force was independent.  The only way he knew how to operate was wait for orders from the boss on his walkie talkie.

EACC waits for the green light from statehouse.  Before long, they will be taking direct orders from there.

Once a tradition is established, it's very hard to reverse.  Jomo Kenyatta did not even have to change the law to criminalize opposition parties.

Harriet Tubman

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #36 on: July 09, 2015, 03:00:28 PM »
Yes Kimaiyo best exemplifies how independent institution bowed to the presidency. I expect to see more of the same esp as the terms for these guys come to an end. Tobiko and many others are set for renewal..if am not mistaken. or theirs is 8yrs contract. If it's 4...then we will see a lot of kneeling and kowtowing to statehouses.

It a shame...constitution as good as any...but implementation is now kaput.

For independence, I believe that is already history.  It would have helped to have strong personalities to start off as leaders in those institutions.

For instance, it never even registered to Kimaiyo that the police force was independent.  The only way he knew how to operate was wait for orders from the boss on his walkie talkie.

EACC waits for the green light from statehouse.  Before long, they will be taking direct orders from there.

Once a tradition is established, it's very hard to reverse.  Jomo Kenyatta did not even have to change the law to criminalize opposition parties.

Offline Omollo

• Enigma
  • http://www.omollosview.com
    • Omollosview
« Reply #37 on: July 09, 2015, 05:06:43 PM »
Uhuru must know that he is not served by having independent offices kneel before him. It sure helps those around him to resort to impunity but it does not help the President.

He is largely immune from those offices as a person and as president. He can talk to those bodies but emphasize to his minions that the offices are independent. He should help to guarantee that independence. He has however already lost the narrative.

If you had a chance to examine Nawaz Sharif's term that ended in the Musharraf coup, you would understand the pitfalls I am describing.

The current Nawaz Shariff has discovered that the Supreme Court could not have defended or protected him because he had wrecked it. Most of the institutions could not resist the coup because Nawaz had weakened them. The man who helped him weaken them now seized power! He had dismissed a loyal Joint Chief of Staff; Attacked the Supreme Court; Emaculated the President by reducing his powers.. Nawaz also had this very poor relations with Western powers, wasting no chance to hit at them.

Musharraf had a very easy time. He became the first general to lead a coup from a jumbo jet.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nawaz_Sharif

... [the ICC case] will be tried in Europe, where due procedure and expertise prevail.; ... Second-guessing Ocampo and fantasizing ..has obviously become a national pastime.- NattyDread