Author Topic: Anti-Corruption Drive Runs Out Of Steam  (Read 3178 times)

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
Anti-Corruption Drive Runs Out Of Steam
« on: June 24, 2015, 03:34:44 AM »

Does Raila seriously believe Waiguru will be named, step aside and be investigated as part of the ongoing charade against corruption?

"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
Re: Anti-Corruption Drive Runs Out Of Steam
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2015, 07:37:55 AM »
Is she a sacred cow...we will find out. Of course it has to start by someone reporting her to EACC.

Offline Reticent Solipsist

• Superstar
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2015, 07:42:54 AM »

Does Raila seriously believe Waiguru will be named, step aside and be investigated as part of the ongoing charade against corruption?

The so-called anti-corruption drive was all a farce from the get-go. Had Uhuru followed his clarion call to end corruption as we know it in Kenya with, say, the investigation of his notoriously corrupt bosom buddies and fellow ethnics, Jimmy Wanjigi and Alfred Getonga, two architects of Anglo-Leasing, clearly I would take the guy seriously. The Wikileak cable fingers the pair who, by the way, were major donors to his 2013 campaign here:

https://wikileaks.org/plusd/cables/06NAIROBI944_a.html

If Kenyans are serious about tackling the scourge of corruption once and for all they should outsource the task to an independent anticorruption prosecutor from abroad -- Singapore, the UK, the US, or some other civilized country for up to, say, five years or so. That would be the only way to ensure that government decision making is not vulnerable to these vested and ubiquitous private interests.
 Anything short of that, as you aptly point out, is a charade.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2015, 07:53:03 AM »
I agree. The same with Police head and DPP. That only way to do it. But so far we have to do with half-hearted measure. If kenya cannot eradicate traffic police corruption which happens on the open and daily; we have a long way to go.

If Kenyans are serious about tackling the scourge of corruption once and for all they should outsource the task to an independent anticorruption prosecutor from abroad -- Singapore, the UK, the US, or some other civilized country for up to, say, five years or so. That would be the only way to ensure that government decision making is not vulnerable to these vested and ubiquitous private interests.

Offline Kadudu

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2015, 09:00:42 AM »
As Uhuru's come we stay, she is of course more than a sacred cow. EACC will not even dare to summon her. That you can take to the bank.

Is she a sacred cow...we will find out. Of course it has to start by someone reporting her to EACC.

Offline Kadudu

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2015, 09:04:14 AM »
Why are Kenyans still fancinated with Anglo-Leasing while we have an even bigger scheme in the name of SGR? The fellows Uhuru, CS Kamau and key man Jimmy Wanjigi alias James Bond are said to have pocketed almost 40B ksh in this deal. 

The so-called anti-corruption drive was all a farce from the get-go. Had Uhuru followed his clarion call to end corruption as we know it in Kenya with, say, the investigation of his notoriously corrupt bosom buddies and fellow ethnics, Jimmy Wanjigi and Alfred Getonga, two architects of Anglo-Leasing, clearly I would take the guy seriously. The Wikileak cable fingers the pair who, by the way, were major donors to his 2013 campaign here:

Offline Omollo

• Enigma
  • http://www.omollosview.com
    • Omollosview
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2015, 01:18:02 PM »
Kadudu

It's called fatigue. In the days of my grandfather, the theft of 10 000 shillings would cause panic all over. But then again I am told that amount could by 1970 pay for five 8 ton trucks new and without blemish. One cost under 2000 shillings

By 1976 - the same amount could buy two splitting new 504 saloons with lots of change.

Why are Kenyans still fancinated with Anglo-Leasing while we have an even bigger scheme in the name of SGR? The fellows Uhuru, CS Kamau and key man Jimmy Wanjigi alias James Bond are said to have pocketed almost 40B ksh in this deal. 

... [the ICC case] will be tried in Europe, where due procedure and expertise prevail.; ... Second-guessing Ocampo and fantasizing ..has obviously become a national pastime.- NattyDread

Offline Bella

• Superstar
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2015, 02:09:30 PM »
I agree. The same with Police head and DPP. That only way to do it. But so far we have to do with half-hearted measure. If kenya cannot eradicate traffic police corruption which happens on the open and daily; we have a long way to go.

The same with IEBC.
Christus vincit, Christus regnat, Christus imperat; Christus ab omni malo plebem suam defendat
Christ is the victor, Christ is King, Christ is the ruler, May Christ defend His people from all evil

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2015, 02:11:21 PM »
Bit tricky considering the subject matter but if we are incorrigible corrupt we should try some commonwealth IEBC.
The same with IEBC.