Author Topic: NAACP White Woman caught. She loves being black!  (Read 15998 times)

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
Re: NAACP White Woman caught. She loves being black!
« Reply #20 on: June 21, 2015, 03:07:49 PM »
She is free to live like a black, whatever that means.  She is also a fraud.  And she easily survives Charleston.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline Real P

• Mega superstar
« Reply #21 on: June 21, 2015, 11:18:54 PM »
She is free to live like a black, whatever that means.  She is also a fraud.  And she easily survives Charleston.

This gotta be a parody.

If she was in Charleston I doubt she'll let the dude just smack the black off her.

She will drop the wig.

Termie, she's adopting an identity that isn't hers. She's putting on a costume of blackness and co-opting a culture that she might be empathetic to, but that she has no actual identity with. It's still a hilarious story, but it's outrageously offensive that people here @org and other places are legitimately trying to give her a pass, as if any good that she might have done makes this okay.

I sided with Kadame after she (Rachel Doleza) claimed that her parents were black on CNN.

"Christianity is not a religion, but a personal relationship with Christ".

Offline MOON Ki

• Enigma
« Reply #22 on: June 22, 2015, 01:45:51 AM »
but it's outrageously offensive that people here @org and other places are legitimately trying to give her a pass, as if any good that she might have done makes this okay.            

You've got to be kidding.  If that is your idea of "outrageously offensive", then you are likely to find life quite stressful.   Yes, I give her a pass, for the following reasons:

(a) I have not seen much to the effect that her "fraud" has harmed anybody.   Until I do, I will consider it harmless "fraud".

(b) There are plenty of "genuinely black" people who are actively harming black people.   In America, you can look at drugs, homicide, etc.   In Africa---and you can't get them any blacker, in any sense---they are finishing each other like nobody's business.  Against that must be weighed against whatever good she may have done.

(c) I have absolutely no issue with whites who wish to pretend to be black if they are doing genuine good for black people.  In fact, I wish we would have some more.   At the end of the day, we should think of creating a society in which colour does not matter and one is judged solely on how they relate to their fellow human being and what contribution they make to making like better for others.

So, yes; the good she did makes it OK in my book.   And here's why: if she did good, then it is still good, even if we suddenly found out that she is really a Martian.
MOON Ki  is  Muli Otieno Otiende Njoroge arap Kiprotich
Your True Friend, Brother,  and  Compatriot.

Offline Real P

• Mega superstar
« Reply #23 on: June 22, 2015, 06:33:23 AM »
but it's outrageously offensive that people here @org and other places are legitimately trying to give her a pass, as if any good that she might have done makes this okay.            

You've got to be kidding.  If that is your idea of "outrageously offensive", then you are likely to find life quite stressful.   Yes, I give her a pass, for the following reasons:

(a) I have not seen much to the effect that her "fraud" has harmed anybody.   Until I do, I will consider it harmless "fraud".

(b) There are plenty of "genuinely black" people who are actively harming black people.   In America, you can look at drugs, homicide, etc.   In Africa---and you can't get them any blacker, in any sense---they are finishing each other like nobody's business.  Against that must be weighed against whatever good she may have done.

(c) I have absolutely no issue with whites who wish to pretend to be black if they are doing genuine good for black people.  In fact, I wish we would have some more.   At the end of the day, we should think of creating a society in which colour does not matter and one is judged solely on how they relate to their fellow human being and what contribution they make to making like better for others.

So, yes; the good she did makes it OK in my book.   And here's why: if she did good, then it is still good, even if we suddenly found out that she is really a Martian.

Your writing implements you. Breh, I can tell you're in a legal profession and loves to smoke weed. Just a vibe, I might be wrong but not on both fronts. 

"Christianity is not a religion, but a personal relationship with Christ".

Offline Bella

• Superstar
« Reply #24 on: June 22, 2015, 07:15:23 AM »

Your writing implements you. Breh, I can tell you're in a legal profession and loves to smoke weed. Just a vibe, I might be wrong but not on both fronts. 

:cool: :cool: :cool:
Christus vincit, Christus regnat, Christus imperat; Christus ab omni malo plebem suam defendat
Christ is the victor, Christ is King, Christ is the ruler, May Christ defend His people from all evil

Offline mya88

• Mega superstar
« Reply #25 on: June 22, 2015, 02:52:43 PM »
RP
(a)   Subject of the article or discussion sued a college (Howard University) for discrimination but at that college the subject professed to be white.

I would call that affirmative action in reverse. Howard University being a mostly black college should be held to the same standard as most institutions of higher learning. Blacks have successfully sued colleges based on affirmative action and in most instances won. I see nothing wrong with that. The idea of a black only college is also way outdated. They should accept whoever qualifies and wants to get in.

(b) When it was beneficial to her in Washington State, she professed to be black.
(c) She sent herself packages in the mail claiming to be terrorized by whites.
(d)  She chose to be NAACP President for financial gain?  NAACP local Presidents make over $70,000 a year. There are a lot of black folks in Spokane, Washington
Moonki, is it okay for me to pretend I am disabled. Get all the benefits and a free parking lot without harming anybody?
Is being black now the same as being disabled? Wow, Is this really a proper comparison? In a time when we are fighting to be equal, you still want to be treated like a special interest group?

"We must be the change we wish to see" - Mahatma Ghandi

Offline MOON Ki

• Enigma
« Reply #26 on: June 22, 2015, 03:24:35 PM »
(a) subject of the article or discussion sued a college (Howard University) for discrimination but at that college the subject professed to be white.

You cut your Logic 101 classes, didn't you?      mya88 has given you an excellent response; but by way of a lesson in logic, let me do this small one for you:

(a) She is white.
(b) Howard could have discriminated against her on that basis.
(c) The real question is whether or not (b) happened, not merely that she sued.

I don't mean to burst your bubble, but won't hire you for a lawyer.

Don't let that bother you; I'm doing just fine.

Offline Bella

• Superstar
« Reply #27 on: June 22, 2015, 03:54:00 PM »
Mya, back up a little,
RP
(a)   Subject of the article or discussion sued a college (Howard University) for discrimination but at that college the subject professed to be white.

I would call that affirmative action in reverse. Howard University being a mostly black college should be held to the same standard as most institutions of higher learning. Blacks have successfully sued colleges based on affirmative action and in most instances won. I see nothing wrong with that. The idea of a black only college is also way outdated. They should accept whoever qualifies and wants to get in.
Whatever you may call it, the whole "she feels blackso its all good" is shown to be bunk. Clearly she feels black only when there is something to be gained by it. That was the point RealPokot was making.

(b) When it was beneficial to her in Washington State, she professed to be black.
Gimme a break, Mya88. Your personal attacks on RealP are unwarranted. What has his dating choices got to do with this news story about a con-artist trying to benefit from the injustices of other people?

(c) She sent herself packages in the mail claiming to be terrorized by whites.
Who did she hurt? Some who fabricates hate-crimes is not someone who should be on any one's sympathy list. That just seems so simple to me.

(d)  She chose to be NAACP President for financial gain?  NAACP local Presidents make over $70,000 a year. There are a lot of black folks in Spokane, Washington
Whatever you make is not relevant, Mya. The woman presents herself as black and tries to access scholarships and positions intended for blacks, she even filled African-American in one form. It could be 1,000 dollars a year, that's no excuse for it. Let someone else earn that puny 1,000 dollars without lying, at least they are honest with their employers and the community they serve.

Moonki, is it okay for me to pretend I am disabled. Get all the benefits and a free parking lot without harming anybody?
Is being black now the same as being disabled? Wow, Is this really a proper comparison? In a time when we are fighting to be equal, you still want to be treated like a special interest group?
This is a strawman. Whats wrong with the disabled? They are people too, are they not? They have disadvantages because of their disabilities. Blacks have been disadvantaged because of racism. This does not address in any way any of the points raised by RealP.
Christus vincit, Christus regnat, Christus imperat; Christus ab omni malo plebem suam defendat
Christ is the victor, Christ is King, Christ is the ruler, May Christ defend His people from all evil

Offline MOON Ki

• Enigma
« Reply #28 on: June 22, 2015, 04:05:09 PM »
The woman presents herself as black and tries to access scholarships and positions intended for blacks, she even filled African-American in one form.

I have heard that claim.  The question is this: did she actually get scholarships and positions that are intended for blacks.  If so,  then let's have a list, and then we can have an objective discussion of her actions in relation to those. 

Offline mya88

• Mega superstar
« Reply #29 on: June 22, 2015, 04:14:04 PM »
@Bella

Whatever you may call it, the whole "she feels black"so its all good is bunk. Clearly she feels black only when there is something to be gained by it. That was the point RealPokot was making.

Gimme a break, Mya88. Your personal attacks on RealP are unwarranted. What has his dating choices got to do with this news story about a con-artist trying to benefit from the injustices of other people?
Who did she hurt? Some who fabricates hate-crimes is not someone who should be on any one's sympathy list. That just seems so simple to me.
Whatever you make is not relevant, Mya. The woman presents herself as black and tries to access scholarships and positions intended for blacks, she even filled African-American in one form. It could be 1,000 dollars a year, that's no excuse for it. Let someone else earn that puny 1,000 dollars without lying, at least they are honest with their employers and the community they serve.
This is a strawman. Whats wrong with the disabled? They are people too, are they not? They have disadvantages because of their disabilities. Blacks have been disadvantaged because of racism. This does not address in any way any of the points raised by RealP.

Offline Bella

• Superstar
« Reply #30 on: June 22, 2015, 04:18:59 PM »
(a) subject of the article or discussion sued a college (Howard University) for discrimination but at that college the subject professed to be white.

You cut your Logic 101 classes, didn't you?      mya88 has given you an excellent response; but by way of a lesson in logic, let me do this small one for you:

(a) She is white.
(b) Howard could have discriminated against her on that basis.
(c) The real question is whether or not (b) happened, not merely that she sued.
As long as we are on the logic lessons, the fact that she sued on the basis of being white means she does not identify as black when being black is not advantageous to her purpose. No one cares whether she was discriminated at Howard that is not a dispute anywhere unless someone would like to make it so and is between her and Howard. The point as far as this story goes is whether she is being honest when she presents her delusion (of being black) as an honest belief as opposed to a calculated lie. The former makes normal persons sympathetic to her, the second inspires a level of disgust as it shows a person who feels quite happy pursuing personal gain on the basis of the suffering/injustices suffered by others.

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
« Reply #31 on: June 22, 2015, 04:32:24 PM »

MOON Ki,

I consider her a fraud for falsifying information about herself.  I can't ignore that.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline Bella

• Superstar
« Reply #32 on: June 22, 2015, 04:33:07 PM »
People do all kinds of nasty stuff. That has never been an excuse when someone is caught doing it. And Black people were up against a racist system designed to keep them down. Comparing that to a white woman TODAY in a majority white country doing that on the basis of a minority group is comparing apples and oranges. Context is important.
I don't mind. I also hope you don't mind my pointing out that its irrelevant and a straw-man. His dating choices do not amount to the same thing as lying about who he is.
Fair enough.
Right. If I pretend to be blind and gain some positions on that basis, its ok as long as I don't use that money on people with sight? Don't think so. In countries with long histories of racial discrimination, it is very much ok to deliberately give advantages to minorities with the knowledge that they start out disadvanated. You and others do well, doesnt mean you couldnt do better if you did not have black skin to deal with in a white country. The inequities are there, even if some manage to overcome them better than others.
I disagree. Blacks do not have physical disabilities, but they certainly have social ones not entirely of their own making. RealP did not just say "Blacks are like disabled people", he compared the act of taking advantage of social institutions existing for the benefit of one disadvantaged group and another. That is an apt comparison, as far as I can see, but you are entitled to your opinions of course.

Offline Bella

• Superstar
« Reply #33 on: June 22, 2015, 04:41:53 PM »
The woman presents herself as black and tries to access scholarships and positions intended for blacks, she even filled African-American in one form.

I have heard that claim.  The question is this: did she actually get scholarships and positions that are intended for blacks.  If so,  then let's have a list, and then we can have an objective discussion of her actions in relation to those.
What has that got to do with the fact that she is exactly what she's being accused of, a fraud? You are basically arguing that if she was not very successful in her con game then this makes the attempt ok.

Offline veritas

• Enigma
« Reply #34 on: June 22, 2015, 05:13:53 PM »
She's an academic who may have thoroughly embodied her research. She's accomplished more than just the president of some black only organization. There would've been more job opportunities for her on black welfare as a white woman.

Rachel Dolezal is an academic, chair of the office of the police ombudsman commission in the city of Spokane and president of its chapter of the African American civil rights organisation NAACP.

Dolezal, a professor of Africana studies at Eastern Washington University, where she specialises in black studies and African American culture, has spoken out regularly on local media about racial justice...

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/jun/12/civil-rights-activist-rachel-dolezal-misrepresented-herself-as-black-claim-parents

She identifies with black, I haven't read anything yet where she claimed to actually be black. To me she looks white. If I dye my hair blonde does that mean I'm pretending to be a Swedish meatball? Who cares?

I don't trust the media. Let the facts speak for itself. I've met a few whites here who identify with Aborigines and subsequently work for Aboriginal advocacy, charities etc. hair like that, sporting ethnic embellishments. The fact Americans are so shocked and quick to condemn Rachel over a non issue just belates the point about how entrenched racial disparities are in the States. How deeply enraged FOX and whites are that a white discredits whites. I suspect only white Americans care.

Offline Bella

• Superstar
« Reply #35 on: June 22, 2015, 05:33:23 PM »
By the way, @ Mya,

I apologize for my first response, for some reason I read your post as being a personal hit at Real Pokot and I jumped, deeming it an unfair way to win an argument, but clearly you didn't mean it like that.

Offline MOON Ki

• Enigma
« Reply #36 on: June 22, 2015, 07:20:18 PM »
, she even filled African-American in one form.

I have heard that claim.  The question is this: did she actually get scholarships and positions that The woman presents herself as black and tries to access scholarships and positions intended for blacksare intended for blacks.  If so,  then let's have a list, and then we can have an objective discussion of her actions in relation to those.
What has that got to do with the fact that she is exactly what she's being accused of, a fraud? You are basically arguing that if she was not very successful in her con game then this makes the attempt ok.

Here is what you wrote:

The woman presents herself as black and tries to access scholarships and positions intended for blacks

When, where, and how did she try to access scholarships and positions intended for blacks?   If you can provide the facts to support your claim, then we will be able to proceed  with a reasonable discussion.

Offline MOON Ki

• Enigma
« Reply #37 on: June 22, 2015, 07:21:13 PM »
I consider her a fraud for falsifying information about herself.  I can't ignore that.

And I say: Whom did she defraud?   And of what exactly?

Offline mya88

• Mega superstar
« Reply #38 on: June 22, 2015, 07:22:11 PM »
By the way, @ Mya,

I apologize for my first response, for some reason I read your post as being a personal hit at Real Pokot and I jumped, deeming it an unfair way to win an argument, but clearly you didn't mean it like that.

Bella
Its cool, I don't take shit too personally. I actually like it when gloves come of as long as it doesn't get too muddy. You are known to be no push over. I like that

Offline Bella

• Superstar
« Reply #39 on: June 22, 2015, 08:05:57 PM »
, she even filled African-American in one form.

I have heard that claim.  The question is this: did she actually get scholarships and positions that The woman presents herself as black and tries to access scholarships and positions intended for blacksare intended for blacks.  If so,  then let's have a list, and then we can have an objective discussion of her actions in relation to those.

Here is what you wrote:

The woman presents herself as black and tries to access scholarships and positions intended for blacks

When, where, and how did she try to access scholarships and positions intended for blacks?   If you can provide the facts to support your claim, then we will be able to proceed  with a reasonable discussion.
She applied to Howard using an essay in which she made herself sound like an African-American and never revealed that she was white, though knowing that University's history. She filled African-American on the application to the Police ombudsman position and she allowed everyone at NAACP to believe she was black with a biological black father. That may seem all kosher to you but I dont know any person I would consider ethical who could carry out such an elaborate ruse. Lets not even get started on the fake hate-crimes. Besides, when did ethics cease to matter in leadership? Its ok to lie to everyone as long as no one can prove beyond a doubt you defrauded a particular individual?

For those interested in the "facts" of her fraud, you can check this ever-being-updated site: http://www.inlander.com/Bloglander/archives/2015/06/19/75-false-or-otherwise-problematic-statements-from-rachel-dolezal-and-counting

She had actually worked as a freelance writer for that site until she was outed!