Author Topic: NAACP White Woman caught. She loves being black!  (Read 16002 times)

Offline Real P

• Mega superstar
NAACP White Woman caught. She loves being black!
« on: June 14, 2015, 05:42:06 PM »

http://www.spokesman.com/stories/2015/jun/11/board-member-had-longstanding-doubts-about-truthfu/

"Christianity is not a religion, but a personal relationship with Christ".

Offline Real P

• Mega superstar
Re: NAACP White Woman caught. She loves being black!
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2015, 05:53:10 PM »
We all bleed red despite the skin colour! Right?

Offline Omollo

• Enigma
  • http://www.omollosview.com
    • Omollosview
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2015, 06:19:35 PM »
I don't see anything wrong at all. She feels black that's fine by me. There are lots of blacks that passed for white for years.

There was this play that did rounds in Dixie to much acclaim. In it marriage is prevented by the infamous Jim Crow Laws that prevent any union between whites and blacks. The groom-to-be swears that, though he "looks white", he actually "has black blood" in him. He calls witnesses whom he says can swear to the fact that he "has black blood" in him. The all come and swear that they know for a fact that he has "black blood in him"!

Of course the rednecks don't know that a few minutes earlier he had asked his wife to be to bleed a glass full of her "black" blood and before these witnesses emptied it in his stomach. The born again Christians could therefore not "lie".
... [the ICC case] will be tried in Europe, where due procedure and expertise prevail.; ... Second-guessing Ocampo and fantasizing ..has obviously become a national pastime.- NattyDread

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2015, 12:33:53 PM »
:lol: that cracked me up. There is really no real white or black. We are continuum of colors...from pink to pitch dark.
I don't see anything wrong at all. She feels black that's fine by me. There are lots of blacks that passed for white for years.

There was this play that did rounds in Dixie to much acclaim. In it marriage is prevented by the infamous Jim Crow Laws that prevent any union between whites and blacks. The groom-to-be swears that, though he "looks white", he actually "has black blood" in him. He calls witnesses whom he says can swear to the fact that he "has black blood" in him. The all come and swear that they know for a fact that he has "black blood in him"!

Of course the rednecks don't know that a few minutes earlier he had asked his wife to be to bleed a glass full of her "black" blood and before these witnesses emptied it in his stomach. The born again Christians could therefore not "lie".

Offline Omollo

• Enigma
    • Omollosview
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2015, 06:05:31 PM »
I listened to an audio version of the play many years ago and try as hard as I can, I can't trace it. I think it would make a killing money wise if it were re-enacted.

:lol: that cracked me up. There is really no real white or black. We are continuum of colors...from pink to pitch dark.

... [the ICC case] will be tried in Europe, where due procedure and expertise prevail.; ... Second-guessing Ocampo and fantasizing ..has obviously become a national pastime.- NattyDread

Offline MOON Ki

• Enigma
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2015, 09:00:37 PM »

Reminds me of Mezz Mezzrow, who insisted that he was black person in a white person's skin, much as nowadays some people of one gender will insist that they are really of another gender.  And just as today the latter will act on it, Mezzrow too acted on his "unfortunate" colour. 

Merrow was a reasonable clarinet player and known as some sort of jazz impresario, but was even more famous as Louis Armstrong's pot dealer and factotum and for rolling such great joints that a good one in those circles was known as "Mighty Mezz", whence the original start of the Pothead's Jazz Anthem---"If you are a viper":

Think about a reefer, 5 feet long,
A Mighty Mezz, and not too strong

(Louis Armstrong's tune Muggles is devoted to such exceptional "service".)

Anyways ...

The interesting part of Mezzrows's story is that all this was at a time when Jim Crow was as mighty as could be.    That inevitably led to colourful situations.

If you ever want to read a genuinely joyful, positive  and humorous celebration of life, his autobiography---Really The Blues---is one that I cannot recommend highly enough.    There, he also explains how he was born white but became black ("a voluntary Negro", as he put it):

Mezzrow writes that from the moment he heard jazz he "was going to be a Negro musician, hipping [teaching] the world about the blues the way only Negroes can."

As he was white,  and lived when he did, it was inevitable that being a Negro and hipping the world about the blues the way only Negroes can would be quite a challenge---from both sides of the divide.  He handled it admirably.

See also: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mezz_Mezzrow
MOON Ki  is  Muli Otieno Otiende Njoroge arap Kiprotich
Your True Friend, Brother,  and  Compatriot.

Offline vooke

• Enigma
2 Timothy 2:4  No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.

Offline Georgesoros

• Enigma
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2015, 03:44:22 PM »
I agree with you guys. This woman chose to advocate for the black community. She identifies more with blacks that any other. She should be congratulated and praised not vilified. Nobody is talking about her accomplishments, rather everyone is talking about her white lie.

Offline Bella

• Superstar
« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2015, 04:07:03 PM »
To me, this woman is a fraud, no excuses. She has been counselling black kids on how to cope with racism, which people have trusted her to do under the assumption she knows what the heck she's talking about regarding growing up black and facing racism in white America. She lied that an elderly black friend of hers was her father. She did this to get a job that probably would have gone to an authentic African American. She then makes herself look mulatto using tan salons and coil irons. She is a con woman, that seems very clear to me. Lots of whites have fought for civil rights without committing fraud or pretending they were black. And besides, this is a job she got, its not like she's out in the streets defying bullets like kina Martin Luther King.
Christus vincit, Christus regnat, Christus imperat; Christus ab omni malo plebem suam defendat
Christ is the victor, Christ is King, Christ is the ruler, May Christ defend His people from all evil

Offline Omollo

• Enigma
    • Omollosview
« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2015, 04:43:25 PM »
Bella

I was considered a very good Teacher of History. I could describe Napoleon's charging across the bridge at Lodi under fire from the Austrians like I was there when it happened.

We also have these doctors treating illnesses they have never suffered from.

Do you get the drift?
To me, this woman is a fraud, no excuses. She has been counselling black kids on how to cope with racism, which people have trusted her to do under the assumption she knows what the heck she's talking about regarding growing up black and facing racism in white America. She lied that an elderly black friend of hers was her father. She did this to get a job that probably would have gone to an authentic African American. She then makes herself look mulatto using tan salons and coil irons. She is a con woman, that seems very clear to me. Lots of whites have fought for civil rights without committing fraud or pretending they were black. And besides, this is a job she got, its not like she's out in the streets defying bullets like kina Martin Luther King.

Offline Bella

• Superstar
« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2015, 05:00:40 PM »
Omollo, I understand your point but still, why lie? There are plenty of white psychologists who can help those kids, they don't pretend to have lived the reality those kids live themselves. I think she was picked precisely because she was presumed to have lived the reality on a day-to-day basis since childhood. I just do not trust fraudsters. The woman should have been honest about her heritage. I see her as yet another white person stealing the few opportunities blacks might have.
Christus vincit, Christus regnat, Christus imperat; Christus ab omni malo plebem suam defendat
Christ is the victor, Christ is King, Christ is the ruler, May Christ defend His people from all evil

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2015, 05:15:35 PM »
Omollo, I understand your point but still, why lie? There are plenty of white psychologists who can help those kids, they don't pretend to have lived the reality those kids live themselves. I think she was picked precisely because she was presumed to have lived the reality on a day-to-day basis since childhood. I just do not trust fraudsters. The woman should have been honest about her heritage. I see her as yet another white person stealing the few opportunities blacks might have.
kadame,
She had my sympathies because she appears to be on the side of the frequent victim of racism, the Negro. But come to think of it, was it altruism that compelled her to lie or was it the fat check?

If she was really employable elsewhere and probably at the same if not better terms, then she may have been genuine....but I feel she just wanted some good pay
2 Timothy 2:4  No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2015, 05:20:48 PM »
A reverse Uncle Ruckus

Ruckus is funny because he is not real.  I wish I could say the same about David Webb.

"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline Omollo

• Enigma
    • Omollosview
« Reply #13 on: June 17, 2015, 09:36:37 PM »
Bella

I am not sure that she lied. The job did not require her to be black. In fact that would be highly illegal and contradict the very essence of the NAACP.

From what I hear, she feels she is black. I know many "black" people who feel white and they live like white people. They speak the right accent, have tampered with their physical features to the extent that they appear white.

I think she should have been allowed to continue or should be roped back in at a later stage. Being black is not entirely about color. I have seen this with mixed race kids.

Offline MOON Ki

• Enigma
« Reply #14 on: June 17, 2015, 09:53:18 PM »
Being black is not entirely about color.

Indeed.  And a starting point in addressing a contrary notion  lies in the point you made earlier: some "black" people who were "white" enough to pass for white actually did so.

To my mind, before colour, the first issue here should be this: did the lady do what she was supposed to do in  the "advancement of  coloured people"?  (It should be possible to have an objective answer to that.)
MOON Ki  is  Muli Otieno Otiende Njoroge arap Kiprotich
Your True Friend, Brother,  and  Compatriot.

Offline Georgesoros

• Enigma
« Reply #15 on: June 17, 2015, 10:01:28 PM »
Right on MOONKI. As far as I know she has advanced black peoples interests more than the supreme court justice Thomas. She deserves KUDOS. Problem is most black leaders are runnig away from her instead of defending her courage to advance interest of the community. Shame on them.

Offline Bella

• Superstar
« Reply #16 on: June 18, 2015, 07:03:15 AM »
Well gentlemen, I'm sorry but I am not convinced. I read that she tried to sue Howard University for discriminating against her as a white woman. This black persona is something she has put on late in the game, and I believe it was to give her a legitimacy she does not have, that is as a minority who knows what this feels like. She did not just adopt a black persona, she actually lied about her birth parents and pretended that a black friend was her dad. I just do not see any kind of ethical person going to these lengths. This whole case smells funny to me.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #17 on: June 18, 2015, 08:08:20 AM »
You have a point. She is a bit messed up.But if her lies were to advance some good cause..I say cut her some slack. Some "white" lies can be tolerated.
Well gentlemen, I'm sorry but I am not convinced. I read that she tried to sue Howard University for discriminating against her as a white woman. This black persona is something she has put on late in the game, and I believe it was to give her a legitimacy she does not have, that is as a minority who knows what this feels like. She did not just adopt a black persona, she actually lied about her birth parents and pretended that a black friend was her dad. I just do not see any kind of ethical person going to these lengths. This whole case smells funny to me.

Offline mya88

• Mega superstar
« Reply #18 on: June 19, 2015, 02:58:45 PM »
I haven't read the comments yet, but I have no problem with this woman being whomever she wasn't to be...so what if she wants to be black. Hell there are many blacks who have been trying to pass as whites for eons...ie Mariah carey et al.let her be...and that damn CNN spending soo much coverage on this non issue, when there are other important things going on in the world stupid.
"We must be the change we wish to see" - Mahatma Ghandi

Offline Real P

• Mega superstar
« Reply #19 on: June 21, 2015, 01:48:25 PM »
Kadame, honey. I am with you after some research on what you posted.