Author Topic: Let's Pray  (Read 8297 times)

Offline vooke

• Enigma
Let's Pray
« on: June 14, 2015, 09:09:02 AM »
Good morning church,
For weeks and months, I have always shared praise as the last thing after my sermons, like it is some kind of addenda. But praise and worship is what we are called to do. All of us can sing. I once watched the deaf and mute singing with sign languages.

When I share videos, the idea is not just to watch but to sing along. Psalmist a/artists ought to stimulate, to provoke us to worship. They can only worship for them not us.

So today I will have us sing and nothing. Let's look at a few scriptures on the subject;
Ephesians 5:18-19 (ESV)
18 And do not get drunk with wine, for that is debauchery, but be filled with the Spirit, 19 addressing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and making melody to the Lord with your heart, 20 giving thanks always and for everything to God the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ

Colossians 3:16 (ESV)
 16 Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly, teaching and admonishing one another in all wisdom, singing psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, with thankfulness in your hearts to God

James 5:13 (KJV)
Is any among you afflicted? let him pray. Is any merry? let him sing psalms.

Is any still in doubt about singing praises to God? Praise is not entertaining though it may excite, the sole object of praise is to address God.

Have a blessed Lord's Day and let's get our praise on!
2 Timothy 2:4  No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
Re: Let's Pray
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2017, 10:00:02 PM »
This too shall pass

2 Corinthians 4:17-18

17 For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. 18 So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen, since what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal.
I desire to go to hell and not to heaven. In the former place I shall enjoy the company of popes, kings, and princes, while in the latter are only beggars, monks, and apostles. ~ Niccolo Machiavelli on his deathbed, June 1527

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
Re: Let's Pray
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2017, 10:02:23 PM »
I desire to go to hell and not to heaven. In the former place I shall enjoy the company of popes, kings, and princes, while in the latter are only beggars, monks, and apostles. ~ Niccolo Machiavelli on his deathbed, June 1527