Author Topic: Parenting hyperactive kid sio mchezo  (Read 20843 times)

Offline QueenAgrippa

• VIP
  • Regular
Re: Parenting hyperactive kid sio mchezo
« Reply #20 on: September 09, 2014, 07:00:08 PM »
I wasn't necessarily a prodigy, but remember being a deep thinker. I analyzed everything including kids on playground. My siblings make jokes that I liked to sit on the steps and watch kids get dirty while I read the paper.

Offline veritas

• Enigma
« Reply #21 on: September 09, 2014, 07:08:54 PM »
Wow. You and I would've been besties back then.  :D

Me crapping on your newspaper. That would've given you A LOT to analyse. I was a very popular kid and teen. Didn't think at all. I demanded my 20 inner circle friends come with me to church camp, so they all followed and we brought the place down with our hotness. I was a bit nasty as well. I bullied shy, nice girls. I once threw a party (I was the DJ) with 400 peeps. I wasn't much of a thinker AT ALL. I think later in Uni I began to think a bit. .

Offline QueenAgrippa

• VIP
  • Regular
« Reply #22 on: September 09, 2014, 07:16:39 PM »
You strike me more as an independent. How did u end up with more Kenyan friends? :-). I was pretty popular too but shied from capitalizing on it. Some of my pals were once stopped by random campus guys asking them if they know me. I get terrified of things like that.

Offline QueenAgrippa

• VIP
  • Regular
« Reply #23 on: September 09, 2014, 07:25:05 PM »
FYI I'm finally beginning to see my narcissism :-). Not cute.

Offline veritas

• Enigma
« Reply #24 on: September 09, 2014, 07:30:56 PM »
I had a breakdown and ran away to Kenya. While I was there I became popular mainly with friends in NARC (president Kibaki) now in Jubilee. I was there for a couple years and broke ties with my friends back home. They think I'm dead. Even held a eulogy for me. When I told them I was alive, most refused to believe. I'm a totally different person now.

Campus guys? Wow, you sound very, very shy. I've shagged a couple professors. Did you ever shag one?

Offline veritas

• Enigma
« Reply #25 on: September 09, 2014, 07:32:30 PM »
You don't seem narcissistic? Am I missing the picture somewhere?

Offline QueenAgrippa

• VIP
  • Regular
« Reply #26 on: September 09, 2014, 07:36:02 PM »
Nope I was in my second year in high school and very minimal socially and there was a university campus nearby. My pals taught Sunday school nearby and we're approached by a group of dudes looking for me asking if there is a girl in this group called Agrippa. Scary!

Offline veritas

• Enigma
« Reply #27 on: September 09, 2014, 07:41:17 PM »
Why were they looking for you? What did they want?

Offline QueenAgrippa

• VIP
  • Regular
« Reply #28 on: September 09, 2014, 07:43:37 PM »
Still a mystery, but my roommate was terrified.

Offline QueenAgrippa

• VIP
  • Regular
« Reply #29 on: September 09, 2014, 07:46:42 PM »
Veritas your Kenyan stint is very interesting, karen blixenish. I just wish you could have fallen for a Kenyan maasai and settled blissfully in Kajiado, anyone but Ole Ole hahaha.

Offline mya88

• Mega superstar
« Reply #30 on: September 09, 2014, 07:47:18 PM »
Queen, omg, you sound like a prodigy. At that age I did everything in my little power to test their limits like take a dump on their newspapers before they woke up.
Take a what? OMG you deserved all the spanking veritas. That is so gross, I aought to spank you as an adult just for putting your poor parents through that.
"We must be the change we wish to see" - Mahatma Ghandi

Offline veritas

• Enigma
« Reply #31 on: September 09, 2014, 07:57:48 PM »
My88 ??? my folks have been through A LOT. I was a very difficult child. When ma saw it, she cleaned it up without a word. I was like..  :-\

Queen, I was engaged to a Kikuyu chap for a couple years. We split. I've been engaged twice.

Offline mya88

• Mega superstar
« Reply #32 on: September 09, 2014, 07:59:39 PM »
Yes repetitive. That probably what is happening.
Jakoyo
its not about space rather the kid is repetitive - common with 4yr olds. They ask same question 100 times. They also want to play the same game 200 times. Punda is being taught to be patient, but he lashes and yells and spanks. No No NO.
Also remember that most great men and women at some point in their childhood (or so they say) people thought they had ADHD or some sort of dysfuntion. There is a family of 6 in the US that all kids graduated from college at 14 years old. They were all home schooled due to problems of being bored at school. One was a doctot at 22, the other a lawyer or judge (dont remember) another a chemist etc.....raw skills and good genes. Channel her energy into some useful activity and you may bring out the best that hasnt been tapped yet. If you have runners in your family, introduce her to that as well.

Offline veritas

• Enigma
« Reply #33 on: September 09, 2014, 08:02:34 PM »
Still a mystery, but my roommate was terrified.

You were boarding in school? Jeez Brynn, that must've been tough..

Offline mya88

• Mega superstar
« Reply #34 on: September 09, 2014, 08:03:25 PM »
My88 ??? my folks have been through A LOT. I was a very difficult child. When ma saw it, she cleaned it up without a word. I was like..  :-\

Queen, I was engaged to a Kikuyu chap for a couple years. We split. I've been engaged twice.

Veri you should put out of manual for parents who may be struggling so they dont make the same mistakes.

Offline QueenAgrippa

• VIP
  • Regular
« Reply #35 on: September 09, 2014, 08:05:31 PM »

Gee. I guess marriage is not in ur mix.

People should get married younger coz now it's harder for me to just get into a relationship. My friend is still stunned I didn't set up a lunch date with the hot Senegalese. Not with Ebola news peaking :/).

Offline veritas

• Enigma
« Reply #36 on: September 09, 2014, 08:29:53 PM »
My88, that's a great idea. I'll hire a ghostwriter. I can't be bothered to write in a language parents can understand. I mean why should I when they didn't even bother understanding me when I was a bub.

Queen, marriage scares me. I can't share a bed with a smelly man for the rest of my life. I want to sleep alone and be sad and depressed. I have to pretend to be happy if he's around.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #37 on: September 09, 2014, 10:48:56 PM »
Just from the bar; thanks for all comments; Here i dedicated two of her drawings with her mother i found on my computer

oops need to figure how to attach.

Offline veritas

• Enigma
« Reply #38 on: September 10, 2014, 04:23:10 AM »
Oh gosh, sweety! Asante sana love it!  :D

She certainly has an eye for detail. Her spatial prowess is exquisite. I can see why she may seem difficult.

Offline Kababe

• Mega superstar
« Reply #39 on: September 10, 2014, 11:08:25 AM »
Modern life has made parenting extra extra difficult, methinks. I saw this topic on "the Talk" the other day. In the old days, you simply released your child to play until hunger brought her home for lunch, dirty from head to toe. She would've simply been sent to the bafu to wash, eaten and sooner or later fallen asleep from sheer exhaustion.

Pundit....how is she on the weekend when there's no school?