Author Topic: Let's Pray  (Read 4696 times)

Offline vooke

• Enigma
Let's Pray
« on: May 31, 2015, 08:26:39 AM »
Good morning church,
Let's look at God's modus operandi
1 Corinthians 1:27-29 (KJV)
But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty; 28 And base things of the world, and things which are despised, hath God chosen, yea, and things which are not, to bring to nought things that are: 29 That no flesh should glory in his presence.

1. The FOOLISH things of the world
2. The WEAK things of the world
3. The BASE things of the world
These God readily uses which is actually contrary to what we may expect. This is a fact revealed throughout history of the scriptures and I want to dwell on a few examples.

1. Jesus the Nazarene
John 1:45-46King James Version (KJV)

45 Philip findeth Nathanael, and saith unto him, We have found him, of whom Moses in the law, and the prophets, did write, Jesus of Nazareth, the son of Joseph.

46 And Nathanael said unto him, Can there any good thing come out of Nazareth? Philip saith unto him, Come and see.

They had that much prejudices against Nazareth another ka-village in Judea that they never expected the Messiah, King of Jews to come from thence.

2. The Disciples/apostles

Acts 4:13 (KJV)

Now when they saw the boldness of Peter and John, and perceived that they were unlearned and ignorant men, they marvelled; and they took knowledge of them, that they had been with Jesus

They was a bunch of illiterates to the dot. This with exception of Rabbi Shaul. These are the guys Jesus entrusted his message. And they never disappointed

4. Ehud

I have been raised up to look down on left-handed guys. We used to mock them kids back when I was much younger, Lefties we called them. In high school I recall a boy who was beaten so badly in his primary school year somewhere in Nyanza till he learnt how to use BOTH hands to write. He learnt ambidexterity!

When I studied about Ehud, I realized that the prejudices against left handed people was rife even in Israel. What's funny, Ehud was of the tribe of Benjamin, a name which literally means 'son of my right hand'. The right hand signifies power. Jesus is seated at the Right Hand of the Father. So Benjamin the ridiculed but gallant man killed an enemy of Israel using his very 'weakness'.

That is how God works, in and with the weak,despised and base things. The reason is clear; than no man may boast that they did it by their strength.

A modern example I can think of is John Calvin. This is one man ALL Christianity owes. At the age of 26 he penned Institutes and turned the world upside down just like the apostles. he was not perfect and he was not infallible.

How does God use human weakness? The Bible says His strength is manifested in our weaknesses

As I finish, I remember Joseph a former slave the man who preserved Egypt and Israel. When his father was blessing him as he died he said something powerful which reveals the secret of his success;
Genesis 49:24 (KJV)
 24 But his bow abode in strength,
and the arms of his hands were made strong
by the hands of the mighty God of Jacob;

I close with this prayer for you;
May the arms of your hands be strengthened by the hands of the Mighty God of Jacob in Jesus name.
Your weaknesses, out of this shall God bring glory to his name

Selah!

Have a prosperous and peace filled Lord's Day and Madaraka Day tomorrow. And remember, don't let nothing stop you from praising the Root and offspring of David(Rev 22:16)
2 Timothy 2:4  No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.