Author Topic: Halakhe Waqo- man of the moment ...how long can he stay in the kitchen  (Read 17793 times)

Offline gout

• VIP
  • Enigma
Looks EACC is kaput with draft bill clauses to effect that once proposed ammendment bill Halakhe Waqo and his deputy will be gone being processed chap chap ........ secretariat gone..commissioners gone....
I underestimated the heartbreaks visited by hasla revolution

Offline Omollo

• Enigma
  • http://www.omollosview.com
    • Omollosview
Halakhe forgot the old lesson of being sent to fire your colleagues. The moment you come back and announce its over, you get your own dismissal.
... [the ICC case] will be tried in Europe, where due procedure and expertise prevail.; ... Second-guessing Ocampo and fantasizing ..has obviously become a national pastime.- NattyDread

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
I agree with MPs on starting afresh. Mubea especially had lots of skeleton and the secretariat & commission have been fighting. This shouldn't affect what is going on now.

Offline Georgesoros

• Enigma
I agree with MPs on starting afresh. Mubea especially had lots of skeleton and the secretariat & commission have been fighting. This shouldn't affect what is going on now.
I disagree with you. Its the same scenario we've seen since the body's creation. We never gotten anything for our money. And we keep accepting it over and over. No serious investigation has ever gone thru. They start it, then hullabaloo, then the body changes, and VOILA, investigation is never heard of again.

Offline Georgesoros

• Enigma
To make it worse, no serious hearing ever takes. The pigs vote and we accept it. What a crappy system.
anybody ever watch the movie Groundhog Day??

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
Well, it doesn't have to end that way. But this EACC has been underwhelming in all ways. If we are serious we need to put mzungu there. I am glad Mumia sugar has put a mzungu to fix things. Somebody who is beyond tribalism and corruption.
I disagree with you. Its the same scenario we've seen since the body's creation. We never gotten anything for our money. And we keep accepting it over and over. No serious investigation has ever gone thru. They start it, then hullabaloo, then the body changes, and VOILA, investigation is never heard of again.

Offline Georgesoros

• Enigma
Anything that works is OK.

Well, it doesn't have to end that way. But this EACC has been underwhelming in all ways. If we are serious we need to put mzungu there. I am glad Mumia sugar has put a mzungu to fix things. Somebody who is beyond tribalism and corruption.

Offline MOON Ki

• Enigma

There is little reason to shed tears over the demise of this useless money-pit.   And the quality of its leaders seems to be going down: PLO at least taught Kenyans some fancy words (in Kiswahili and English) as well as the finer points of speech-making (or running one's mouth, depending on the view).

If it continues to exist, then its leaders should consider the wisdom of exciting the public with half-done investigations that then get nipped in the bud.   Consider something like this: the EACC does a complete and thorough investigation of some big-wig; but instead of rushing to Tobiko, Uhuru, etc., it leaks (via the media etc.)  the full report to the public.   Such a scenario would make it more difficult to mess with things, "clear" people, etc.
MOON Ki  is  Muli Otieno Otiende Njoroge arap Kiprotich
Your True Friend, Brother,  and  Compatriot.

Offline Georgesoros

• Enigma
Wont happen.
In a normal case, the suspect doesn't even know they are being investigated, but in Kenya the investigators sleep with everyone so the case is compromised before it even begins. So they bring a case to court which they know is useless.
It happens over and over again and again....
Groundhog Day

There is little reason to shed tears over the demise of this useless money-pit.   And the quality of its leaders seems to be going down: PLO at least taught Kenyans some fancy words (in Kiswahili and English) as well as the finer points of speech-making (or running one's mouth, depending on the view).

If it continues to exist, then its leaders should consider the wisdom of exciting the public with half-done investigations that then get nipped in the bud.   Consider something like this: the EACC does a complete and thorough investigation of some big-wig; but instead of rushing to Tobiko, Uhuru, etc., it leaks (via the media etc.)  the full report to the public.   Such a scenario would make it more difficult to mess with things, "clear" people, etc.

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
Wont happen.
In a normal case, the suspect doesn't even know they are being investigated, but in Kenya the investigators sleep with everyone so the case is compromised before it even begins. So they bring a case to court which they know is useless.
It happens over and over again and again....
Groundhog Day

Interesting insight.  Instead we have EACC handing over lists to kamwana, himself a potential accessory to these crimes. 

MOON Ki is right there is nothing to mourn about EACC.  I rather they abolish the whole enterprise.

When Kenya is ready to fight corruption, it can be done with the institutions already in place.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline gout

• VIP
  • Enigma
Re: Halakhe Waqo- man of the moment ...how long can he stay in the kitchen
« Reply #50 on: August 21, 2015, 01:42:57 PM »
Did Uhuru and his advisors hand MPs a blackmail tool in this vetting?

https://www.standardmedia.co.ke/article/2000173637/eacc-bosses-get-one-more-year-pending-vetting

No way we are going to fight corruption even with war ...only way out is expand economic opportunities

Offline gout

• VIP
  • Enigma
Re: Halakhe Waqo- man of the moment ...how long can he stay in the kitchen
« Reply #51 on: September 02, 2016, 03:46:57 PM »
Waqo, Mubea and crew roll on ..... you have to give it to them with the organisational politics ....survivors or they have have serious godfathers